• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do game rivals never get any love?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jeal said:
Ash and Trip's rivalry was one-sided. Trip didn't care about Ash. And Ash was too much friendly with him, despite his insults. There was no tension.

As much as I've defended Shooti, I do agree that the rivalry between him and Satoshi was too one-sided, and I also disliked how Satoshi hardly reacted to Shooti's insults. One could argue that the rivalry between Shinji and Satoshi was partially one-sided as well since Shinji hardly showed interest in interacting with Satoshi, but at least Shinji was more passionate about beating strong trainers. So by default he was an obstacle for Satoshi, and a damn good one at that.

Kyloreywalk

Ash's rivalry with game rivals are usually not that memorable in the end, not counting Gary for obvious reasons.

His rivalries with Barry, Bianca, Tierno/Trevor (lol), and Hau don't really stand out much. Hell, they're all pretty much forgettable. Some of them are fun characters like Barry, but his rivalry with Ash goes nowhere. Same for Bianca, the XY trio, and lol Hau

Jeal

As much as I've defended Shooti, I do agree that the rivalry between him and Satoshi was too one-sided, and I also disliked how Satoshi hardly reacted to Shooti's insults. One could argue that the rivalry between Shinji and Satoshi was partially one-sided as well since Shinji hardly showed interest in interacting with Satoshi, but at least Shinji was more passionate about beating strong trainers. So by default he was an obstacle for Satoshi, and a damn good one at that.

Although Paul ignored Ash, he still teased him, which made the rivalry less one-sided. Trip, however, was completely indifferent to Ash.