• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do I feel so much hate towards the animé?

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
The Japanese one isn't perfect either.

As a long-time viewer of the Japanese version, I can attest to that. I prefer the Japanese version since I like the voices, dialogue, and original music, but that doesn't mean that I'm blind to its flaws. It's just that the Japanese version's flaws are significantly less than the dub's flaws most of the time.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
He hates the Japanese dub in a passion. Tbh, I'm not that selective when it's about dubbing. The one that I'm not well exposed (English dub) compared to other one (Japanese dub) might feel akward to me, but I'll get used to it over time. The real reason why I'm mainly watching the Japanese dub is because I wanted to get ahead to the show, and only watch the episodes once before I moved on, despite not being knowledgeable about the language.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
What AznKei said. Literal years' worth of posts here regarding my abhorrence toward the JP version explained further, but to summarize:
-Voices are annoying, especially Meowth's.
-Acting is either exactly 0 or exactly [insert gigantic number here].
-Music began sucking to an intolerable extent as of 2013.
-Music editing is (and always was) random to the point of outright working against an episode or movie in certain cases.
-Writing is bland and devoid of personality.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
You again? Aren't you the one who posted a thread about how to bring peace to this fandom or somesuch thing?

Didn't I post this exact thing in the aforementioned thread:
Not here to throw around accusations, but this thread shall now cease to exist. It really doesn't have anything to do with the Pokémon anime. What's being discussed in here could apply to any militant fandom; we're not talking Pokéani specifics.

The "discuss the anime, not the people discussing it" thing has never explicitly been stated in the rules and was only mentioned in the Announcement section for a while, though it's partly because it's kinda self-explanatory. Nonetheless, it's now included in the rules so there shouldn't be any confusion about this matter any more.

Is there any part of my previous post that you did not understand? Should I clarify again? Please message me if you have any questions remaining because I have great interest in you understanding that we do not need any more of these threads. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.