• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do people bash Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I'm gonna do something bold, and omit a few points from my argument. I won't count these against Ash:

-Still 10 Years old (there's little chance of him again; never has, likely never will)
-Never won a Pokemon League (give the guy a break; even though he came so close to the finals, there's obviously going to be regression in future leagues)
-His current voice actor (come on y'all, it's been 7 years, let it go.)

But for most of my opinion, I'm inclined to agree on regression. Much, much regression. Taking a step back in his progress; not to mention most of his prior development down the drain. I'm surprise Dawn picked up some of Ash's strategies and he hasn't used much of them in the current saga. And she's not a dominate battler. Then again, his battling hasn't been too shabby in BW; especially in the Tag Team episode. But I digress.

Ash isn't what he use to be back in the day, that's for sure. Some people will see him different; depending on their prior viewing of the show or not.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Not that I condone bashing Ash or anyone else, but I can sort of understand why people may not like him. I mean the guy barely ever developed as a character and just when he had finally gotten to the point where he was maturing (DP), the writers went and took all that development from him and made him regress instead (BW). It's difficult to like a character who only changes for the worst. That's why I'm personally not here for Ash any more. I gave him more than a decade to impress me, but he failed to live up to my expectations.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Probably because he's basically little more than a self-insert for kids.

gliscor&yanmega

Ok hear me out on this. No bashing or trolling or any of that. I am curious to know why people say Ash sucks. Even in BW where he seemed to regress at the start he still has skills in battle. The kid has pulled of some awesome moves in the middle of a battle,beat legendaries and saved the world over ten times. Now I know he never wins the league and idk if it is the writers saying something to us but I keep seeing people say he sucks and she be replaced. (Which if you think about it would be silly since they would do the same thing with a new person. So without making this a war discuss.

Basically, it comes down to opinions and just how far people take things. Some people can't deal with characters and will sometimes get too excessive with their dislike. Pretty much anything about a character is up for dislike and as such can be taken too far and then get bashed. Despite the bashing, Ash is still liked by many, he's just not going to be able to avoid any hate(And by extension, bashing). It happens with every character(In and out of Pokemon), there's no such thing as an universally liked character(Or disliked) and as such opinions are going to be brought up, and as I said, some people take it too far.

I'm going to close this though. People have already listed reasons why someone may dislike Ash, and while this thread isn't to target Ash and bash him, it's bound to get some excessive posts down the line(They're coming off borderline to me as it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.