• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do people hate the Wii?

That's a question. And also, I have a rant to go with it.

Now, seriously, I know all the Wii's faults. It's the weakest system (in terms of graphics), there's not a lot of "hardcore" games, no multimedia, not a lot of online games, and it's got a nice few bad games under its belt. And don't get me wrong, I do understand all of that. That's an entire arsenal of faults for Wii-haters to use. But seriously, there's places where the Wii shines. It does have a lot of pretty good games. It's also got a lot of cool classic games and channels to download, and a lot of other things. Here's where my main point comes in. If people would just branch out past their little Halo 3 and BioShock (splendid games though they are), they'd find good content on the Wii.

Given all that, please, tell me, why do people hate the Wii?

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
People hate the Wii? Why has it been the number one Christmas item for the past two years, and has been selling like mad and making Nintendo arseloads of cash while selling games very well, with its biggest game coming out in two months? And anyone not obsessed with only graphics and interested in innovation would like the Wii.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Mikami

Man with Many Faces
My Wii is smarter than me, but other than that theres nothing really to hate about it, its an awesome system.

People hate the Wii? Why has it been the number one Christmas item for the past two years, and has been selling like mad and making Nintendo arseloads of cash while selling games very well, with its biggest game coming out in two months? And anyone not obsessed with only graphics and interested in innovation would like the Wii.

I do, have you heard those dumb Sony/Microsoft rant about the Wii?

masteroftime

OBJECTION BBQ!
*Shrugs* maybe because its geared to all ages, rather than geared to anyone who loves Blood/gore.

Surfing Pikachu

i suppose you mean SSBB for the Wii and i dont hate it Zelda is an awsome game for the Wii in my opinion

Chris

Old Coot
Do I hate the Wii? No. I have mine and enjoy what is available for me.

Do I hate the decisions made for the Wii? Most, yes. The sheer amount of third party GARBAGE is enough to make me want to say they're about as worthless as those AOL discs people get in the mail and fire off as projectiles.

i dont hate it Zelda is an awsome game for the Wii in my opinion
Except Zelda is actually a GameCube game that was later optimized for the Wii but released first on the Wii, instead of simultanously as originally planned.

Dattebayo

Banned
What are you talking about? Of course people don't hate the Wii. The only people who hates the Wii are Sony fans and Microsoft fans because they think the Wii is a family-friendly system instead of a good system with a lot of M-rated games.

Inferno52387

Battle Tower Victim
I agree, alot of my friends pick on the Wii. But all of them have had thier 360 either destroy a disc or blow its own hardrive. So I say let them hate the Wii, at least my system works.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
I don't hate the Wii, but I hate the WAGGLE WAGGLE MINIGAME trash Nintendo keeps approving from 3rd parties.

Also crap like Ninjabread Man and Anubis 2. WHY GOD, WHY?

Chris

Old Coot
I agree, alot of my friends pick on the Wii. But all of them have had thier 360 either destroy a disc or blow its own hardrive. So I say let them hate the Wii, at least my system works.
You're no different yourself by saying stupid crap like that. ;\

My 360 was manufactured last year. Picked it up in March. Not a single hard drive or disc problem. The console only messes up the disc if you move the system while it's reading the disc (i.e.: when it's on). No red rings either.

Inferno52387

Battle Tower Victim
You're no different yourself by saying stupid crap like that. ;\

My 360 was manufactured last year. Picked it up in March. Not a single hard drive or disc problem. The console only messes up the disc if you move the system while it's reading the disc (i.e.: when it's on). No red rings either.

It's not stupid crap it's fact. All of my friends have had a disc eaten, by something as subtle as bumping the table the 360 was on, and my brother is waiting for a new hard drive to come in the mail as we speak. I didn't say anything about your 360, if it hasn't messed up yet then good for it.

woot21

super noob
The sheer amount of third party GARBAGE is enough to make me want to say they're about as worthless as those AOL discs people get in the mail and fire off as projectiles.
Though it does seem a couple of non-garbage third party games are on the way, in the form of No More Heros, and NiGHTS. Those are two games I'm looking foward to that aren't first party. But other than those two that may be gems third party games have mostly been crap.

woot21 out dawgs

Rave

Banned
I love my Wii.

And if people hate the Wii, why are the sales for it higher than that of the 360 or the PS3?

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Who hates the Wii? Reaction, in terms of acclaim and sales, has been overwhelmingly positive. I've never heard anyone discuss it other than to say it's a blast.

People hate Gamecube. People hate PS3. Japanese people hate XBox and XBox 360. By and large, people don't hate the Wii.

Anaya

Synthesis
Some people hate the Wii just because there are always people who won't enjoy things. Just like how everyone isn't going to like the new iPods. (You get my point?) Not everyone will like everything. But, the Wiis are pretty awesome and many people like them.

Chris

Old Coot
It's not stupid crap it's fact. All of my friends have had a disc eaten, by something as subtle as bumping the table the 360 was on, and my brother is waiting for a new hard drive to come in the mail as we speak. I didn't say anything about your 360, if it hasn't messed up yet then good for it.
Your friends alone do not count as a majority. Therefore, they do not count as fact.

The errors with the 360 are merely magnified due to the amount of news sources that repeat the same thing others have said and do so on a regular basis. What seems like a HUUUUUGE problem is really smaller than what's being said.

Your claims that people who rank on the Wii can say what they want because you have a system that works are stupid and clearly meant to say that all 360s have problems, when such is not the case.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
There must have been a majority of xbox 360's with issues though, since Microsoft extended the warranty by two years on the older systems, aka the ones with most problems.

Both my brother and my step dad's system died from the three rings of death, and both were the older systems.

As far as hating Wii goes? Well, I work at Best Buy. We have a pile of xbox 360's (arcades and pro) and PS3's (40 GB and 80 GB) taller then myself, with more in the back.

We have around 30+ Wii's, they're not to go on sale until the 16th due to the Sunday add, and I've had around 100+ customers come in and ask me for a Wii...

In one day...

Each day...

Since I've been working there, and I've been at Best Buy since it opened on October 26th.

Most people come in for the Nintendo Wii, sure, we get a few who want a PS3 or xbox, but the Wii is the hot item. It's virtually impossible to find here. We sold out of 100+ Wii's in 3 hours, and the next day we got another shipment of 60+ at around 7:00 PM, and sold out by closing.

Also, contrary to popular belief, not all Sony and xbox fans hate the Wii. I like all three systems, the Wii appeals to me more, but I also enjoy PS3 and xbox just the same.

on topic

i have some stuff to back this up (you can view this however you want i dont care) :

xbox official magazine now the xbox 360 magazine had an article that said that the system does tend to fail alot but your saying wait thats a magazine editorial opinion wait there one minute follow me microsoft hired the magazine publisher and has people employed to write for the magazine and it was an unbiased opinion. the magazine failed to determine exactly how many 360 systems have failed and why they fail! and microsoft will not disclose that info either so you tell me the red rings of failure aren't as wide spread as people think i know about 5 people yes a small handful of owners who have had their system fail not once but multiple times and microsoft doesn't disclose what caused the systems to fail!

Personally, my wii is seeing more action than the 360 i own currently and thats because the rpgs they do have for the 360 aren't that good and i dont play 1st person shooters i hate truly and deeply halo and the halo series!!!!!!!! i'm entitled to my opinion! people don't like game systems for different reasons depending on the type of person they are and what games they like! i think i like the idea of playing a game to beat it and discover stuff and show your friends and at first the idea of gamer scores was intriguing but the problem is as many people who have x box live there are just as many people who dont and gamerscores become pointless cos i only know 3 people who'd care about my gamerscore its pretty sad! its really all for nothing wii is a fine system and it has no gamer score cred
each system does what it does and what each system does is its own thing and they all have issues why people may not like particular system ie wii is to kiddie, not enough games a person likes or not a very good library... yes the last two can be either system depending on a players gaming tastes so don't say im off my rocker or i fail cos each system is both good and bad depending on library, the game community you subscribe to rpg, halo, action/platformer, etc and all three systems have the equal amount awesome and junk its called the companies need your money to afford to publish and make games and systems its how they pay the bills! if you don't like them don't buy those games!!!!!!!