• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do people hate the Wii?

Freeman

Anticitizen One
I don't hate the Wii, or any of the other consoles, really. The only game I REALLY am looking forward to on the Wii is SSBB. However, the only games I like that appears only on other consoles are really only Ratchet and Clank, Halo 3, Bioshock (also on PC), and Spore (though it has been announced for Wii, I'm getting it on PC).

So, I'm still getting the Wii sooner or later, but that's only because my brother decided to save up for one and asked if I'd help. I replied with an "eh, may as well do it."

I'm not too concerned about people who love OR hate the Wii. And I neither love or hate it.

razr12

Your Mom's Trainer
Because of these reasons listed below....
1)They think its childish
2)They're anti-Nintendo people
3)They prefer the other system
4)Jealous PS3 fans -.-
5)They video games
6)They hate the fact that its graphics are in no league against the other systems
7)My mom says it looks weird...

Inferno52387

Battle Tower Victim
Your friends alone do not count as a majority. Therefore, they do not count as fact.

The errors with the 360 are merely magnified due to the amount of news sources that repeat the same thing others have said and do so on a regular basis. What seems like a HUUUUUGE problem is really smaller than what's being said.

Your claims that people who rank on the Wii can say what they want because you have a system that works are stupid and clearly meant to say that all 360s have problems, when such is not the case.

Once again Captain, I will point out that I said my friends all have faulty or tempermental 360s. I never made a general statement saying that all 360s malfuction, how could I, I haven't seen all the 360s in the world.

But I have seen all of my friends' 360s, which are defective, so when I say "my friends ... have had thier 360 either destroy a disc or blow its own hardrive" it is indeed a fact. However when you say something like, "Your claims ... are stupid and clearly meant to say that all 360s have problems", is something I like to call a gross misinterpretation.

BCVM22

Does this thread serve any real purpose besides another unnecessary outlet for misguided fanboy energy?

Buy what you like. Play what you like. Tell anyone who gives you crap about it where they can shove it. The end. Leave the rest of us who are older than a 6th grader and beyond childish feuds over which system is TEH PWNAGE out of it.

wcgold

I don't completely hate the Wii, for I have one myself. But there are some aspects of it that I don't like. I acknowledge that my reasons are irrational, and that they're very easy to tear apart, but I stand by them nonetheless:

-I'm sick & tired of people asking if we have the Wii in stock at work.
-I don't like its name.
-I don't like how its fanbase is all "OMG INOVAYSHUN"
-I think Nintendo has really poor quality control; I've seen more shitty games on the Wii than the Xbox 360 & PS3 combined.

latios reborn

1. well tough that mean's nothing about it's name
2. well it is in a sense
3. yeah you're right there

Dark_Houndoom

~*~ Stewart ~*~
I've come across a few people in my area, as well as on the net that dislike the Wii. I think it's just because of the ever lasting rivalry between Playstation and Nintendo. Xbox, just comes in to it to gain recognition for being Microsoft. I like the Wii, and am getting on this Christmas. But i guess whatever console people choose, is their choice.

In saying this, different consoled appeal to different minds and vary with use. Wii can appeal to wide ages and such where as Playstation, i think can be deemed more appealing to adolescents.

Not everyone hates the Wii, it is just simple that those who do, obviously, the console doen't not meet what they are looking for in an entertainment unit.
The ever lasting Sony to Nintendo "fight" plus Microsoft will always continue as each console will always have its varying strengths and weaknesses in comparison to each others.
Sorry for the essay.

Chris

Old Coot
Because of these reasons listed below....
1)They think its childish
Take a better look at its library. A good chunk of its titles ARE childish.

2)They're anti-Nintendo people
3)They prefer the other system
4)Jealous PS3 fans -.-
Typical excuses that do NOT apply to everyone.

5)They video games
If that was the case, they wouldn't care for the PS3 or Xbox 360 either.

More Wii's is sold then ps 3 and maybe even x-box 360

The reason why people "hate them" is because mario, pokemon, DK (etc.) is "child games" But i cant even see what people like about the shooting games, i dislike them all... thats maybe why I stick with nintendo. But wii is much more liked then gamecube, and the ps3 and 360 people should know that nintendo is much more creative then both of them, actually making that control. And a much better fantasy too...

Chris

Old Coot
More Wii's is sold then ps 3 and maybe even x-box 360

The reason why people "hate them" is because mario, pokemon, DK (etc.) is "child games" But i cant even see what people like about the shooting games, i dislike them all... thats maybe why I stick with nintendo. But wii is much more liked then gamecube, and the ps3 and 360 people should know that nintendo is much more creative then both of them, actually making that control. And a much better fantasy too...
Better fantasy is right.

The idea of there being a far superior library right now on the Wii is indeed nothing more than a fantasy.

But that's just not gonna happen until later on.

Besides. The Wii remote's not so creative. Sega tinkered with a similar controller design for the Dreamcast years before Project Dolphin was known as the GameCube. Not to mention, remote controllers have been done before. Ever use one for a TV?

fhqwhgads

I can understand why Nintendo licenses crap like Anubis II. It makes them money. They get paid to put this game on their console that won't sell, and when it sells its three copies, one might even be with a Wii itself.

every time I tell someone I have a Wii, they will say either "The Wii is for babys, get a Xbox 360/PS3." or "Man, I wish I had one...". So the Wii is basicly you love it or you hate it in around where I live.

I like the Wii, but some of the games from 3rd parties are not so fun....... they honestly are bad games in my opinion, but, I do like LoZ games on the Wii.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I'm not going to advocate one console over another, but to denounce the Wii because it has "lots of bad 3rd party games" is ridiculous. It does have lots of bad games, to be sure. No one's forcing you to buy them. Why compare systems using games you won't even touch? Compare based on the amount of games you do like, the hardware, controls, etc.

Nintendo's liscensing alot of crap because it's making them money. They're making up for the lack of support last generation, and developers are looking to make a quick buck on the Wii's controls while it's still in its testing stages and they can get away with it. Any consumer with half a brain should know enough to avoid such titles and that Nintendo isn't intentionally pushing a kiddie-image, but liscensing what comes their way.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Nintendo's liscensing alot of crap because it's making them money. They're making up for the lack of support last generation, and developers are looking to make a quick buck on the Wii's controls while it's still in its testing stages and they can get away with it. Any consumer with half a brain should know enough to avoid such titles and that Nintendo isn't intentionally pushing a kiddie-image, but liscensing what comes their way.

About Liscening many disapointing 3rd party games: Nintedo is pulling a trick out Atari's history. Atari Licenced lots of games for it's console at the time. It took the lead of the US market. By a Partiuclar Christmas, it went to pot. They made several blunders, one is creating a game to tie in on one of the Best selling Movie, in several Weeks for a 6 month project at least, with a large print run. The Game was Rubbish, it's barely playble, and it doesn't fit in with the Movie! The Year was 1982, the Movie was ET, and computer games were new.

Unlike Atari, who Licenced every game, Nintendo of Ameria and Europe has a set of rules that each game must pass to make on to any Console. The Rules have been relaxed since their creation for the NES.

And Nintendo have done some things that Sony won't. For those who can, try BMX XXX, which is the most Non-kiddie game that I know Nintendo released. (BMX XXX has a BBFC Rating 18. FYI: BBFC is the Film censor in Enlgand, and 18 is highest bar for R-18, which is a lot more stringent rules for selling.)

The Cube has so few exclusive 3rd party games, almost all are on other Consoles.

BN
Random ****: Halo's Master Chief may appear in Smash Bros. if Bungie wanted, and Mircosoft has some in it. This is partly because Bungie "recently" got back to 3rd party status, not the 1st/2nd Party status. Bungie Bosses has stated that they're staying with Microsoft around at time of becoming a 3rd party company.

Last edited:

#Gecko#

The Essential One
What's wrong with the Wii anyway. It has a very unique style of play for $250 and the classic way if you don't like the Wii Remote. A PS3 is just a cheap slight improvement of the PS2 and its like $400. Wii and Nintendo are the best. LIVE with IT all Wii Haters!

BCVM22

Random Fact: Halo's Master Chief is techically a 3rd Party character and he can appear in Smash Bros. if Bungie wanted, and Mircosoft has little say in it.[/SIZE]

Random Fact: you're wrong. Microsoft and Bungie co-own the Halo property. Master Chief has absolutely, positively no chance whatsoever of appearing in Brawl and to even for a second think otherwise is to offend the universal concept of common sense and that which is right and wrong in the universe.

Oh yeah, this thread's still a bubbling cesspool of sticky, slimy fanboyism

fhqwhgads

Random fact: Halo's Master Chief may appear in Smash Bros. if Bungie wanted, and Mircosoft has some in it. This is partly because Bungie "recently" got back to 3rd party status, not the 1st/2nd Party status. Bungie Bosses has stated that they're staying with Microsoft around at time of becoming a 3rd party company.
I try to be right before I post.