• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do people hate the Wii?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
My mistake, sometimes it hard to know who owns who particularity the Chief's history. There was a time before Microsoft buying them, Halo was announced with a very nice movie with a lot of stuff in the first game already there. (Movie on Halo 2 Map disk, plus I have a PC magazine in 98 saying Halo is one of the best thing of E3)

Anyways, I think that Bungie wouldn't risk doing Halo stuff outside 360/Vista, particularly with Live being the big earner for both parties.

For the record: The only console I hate is the original Nokia N-gage, but the QD I like.

I was a Mario Bros guy in the playground (91-93), and the game store owner worked that out after a few months with out asking me.

Anyways, I hate the games not the console.. (PCs on the other hand I hate certain ones)

Zora

perpetually tired
It is the online that really gets to them IMO.

Everyone expects Xbox LIVE-quality for every single game it isn't even funny.

Oh, and the inferior power of the Wii.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
Actually, I think people are jumping very quickly to conclusions about what Mr. Topic Creator said.

The fact is that there are still people out there that hate the Wii... sure it's not this terrible unanimous hate like there was for the Gamecube but there are people that just can't seem to get to grips with the fact that Nintendo are doing well now. Yes, there are criticisms to make of the Wii, but there are also criticisms to make of 360 and PS3 as well.

One person I know vehemently despises the Wii so much that it's actually very desettling and I imagine we all know at least one person like him. He says that every game is just a rubbish minigame knock-off or has an italian plumber it. You say that Mario games may have been around since the 1980s but that they innovate so frequently that it really doesn't matter. You also add that there are a colossal amount of good games on the Wii above and beyond Super Mario Galaxy and he just stone-cold denies it, even if you bring up examples.

This is probably the sort of person LugiaRules has encountered. But trust me, it's not a universal at all like it was for the Gamecube.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
I think I realized something about why some people hate the Wii. Think about it. The Wii requires you to move and get exercise in most games like Wii Sports. You get a nice aerobic workout with it. That and Wii Fit. It's practical for people who have large kids. Obesity is a problem in the US and Nintendo's Wii has been proven to help trim the fat.

So, basically people could not like the Wii because you actually have to do physical activity. Not saying the PS3 and XBox's don't. Guitar Hero and DDR provide that. But, The Wii I think does more.

LX

BCVM22

So, basically people could not like the Wii because you actually have to do physical activity. Not saying the PS3 and XBox's don't. Guitar Hero and DDR provide that. But, The Wii I think does more.

This was a joke post, right? I mean, to actually suggest that people hate the Wii because it requires minimal arm movement and wrist flicking is-- well, no matter, because this was a joke post, right? Has to be. Ripping good effort, kad.

pokemonbattlegrl

I don't dislike the Wii.But I sold mine because I had only turned it on a handful of times and found out it wasn't my kind of system.But I know someone who has a Wii and loves it.If you like it fine if you dislike find a differnt system you do like.
I am not a nintendo hater and love my ds and have alwas loved my gameboy.

kohaya

Buy what you like. Play what you like. Tell anyone who gives you crap about it where they can shove it. The end. Leave the rest of us who are older than a 6th grader and beyond childish feuds over which system is TEH PWNAGE out of it.

So what do you say for people in 6th grade. We have opions we have our views.

I say that the Wii is the better of the 3. The PS3 doesn't have any games that I want and I hate 1st person shooter games.

I hate when people say something like the Wii sucks when they don't evrn own one or played it.

kohaya

Why does this site only slow when I'm posting. Please delete.

Last edited:

roses_108

I love the Wii I got mine a few months ago and have played it at least once every day since totally worth the $500 that I spent on it.

Dude18210

Fear my freaky hair!
I think a good reason why people hate the Wii is because of it's controller. Perhaps the other users are used to the usual play-with-your-thumbs controller and either aren't willing to try the new Wiimote or just think it's a stupid concept (which it most definitely is not, if it isn't the most innovative thing ever).

Another reason that the Wii gets a lot of hate is the graphics vs. gameplay argument. This may have been said already, but those who buy a game because the graphics are amazingly real are missing out in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though; some graphical games are great at gameplay too. It's just that some people don't understand that a game doesn't have to seem realistic in graphics in order for it to be fun. That's why it's called a video GAME. You play a video game for gameplay, not to watch a movie.

Zora

perpetually tired
Bad 3rd party games from unknown developers really tick me off.

But I love my wii, and I'd never sell it.

They don't hurt the console really. It is when the bigname companies make bad games that can poentially distract from better projects. The crappy third party games really mean nothing.

The thing that is annoying is that people are now just noticing it. Sure, it is a tad more common this generation, but crappy unknown developers have been making games all of the time. The PS2 last generation had a lot of those, and presumably the PS1 before that. It wasn't as common in the SNES or NES or earlier eras where a video game project had to be taken WAY more seriously. Heck, evne some liscensed games (like TMNT and I believe Aladdin SNES were some IIRC) were good and praised. Now liscesnsed game generally means a crappy game.

But, people are just starting to pay attention to them now, something that has existed for so long.

Mario's the best selling series of all time, and Halo is 31st. Where's the logic in that?

31st is still freakin high. Only the early Mario games would outsell Halo by a longshot. SMG may only get a few million sales over Halo 3. Regardless though, 31st is a really high number still.

BCVM22

I didn't know people hated the Wii 0_0

Everything is hated by someone, somewhere on the planet, for rational reasons or not. And that includes puppies, kittens, nuns, small children and other such things. The Wii is no different.

roses_108

I think a good reason why people hate the Wii is because of it's controller. Perhaps the other users are used to the usual play-with-your-thumbs controller and either aren't willing to try the new Wiimote or just think it's a stupid concept (which it most definitely is not, if it isn't the most innovative thing ever).

Another reason that the Wii gets a lot of hate is the graphics vs. gameplay argument. This may have been said already, but those who buy a game because the graphics are amazingly real are missing out in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though; some graphical games are great at gameplay too. It's just that some people don't understand that a game doesn't have to seem realistic in graphics in order for it to be fun. That's why it's called a video GAME. You play a video game for gameplay, not to watch a movie.

Personally, and this is just my view but I don't care about Graphics I only care about if the games are fun. Which most of them on the Wii are for me because I like nintendo's stuff like Mario, Pokemon and so on.