1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people hate the Wii?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by LugiaRules, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Knight_Ram

Knight_Ram Well-Known Member

The Wii is the only 'Next Gen' consoles that actually done something new besides the other two. I still prefer Xbox but I don't mind about the graphics on the Wii. As long as its fun and keeps me active, its all good.

2. roses_108

roses_108 Well-Known Member

Good point Knight, and who ever it was who said they thought the wii remotes were bad. Well I actually like the wii remotes but once again that's just me.

3. Conquistador

Conquistador Vive la Revolution!

Oh, I'm sorry, I did not know that, for you see I live under a rock. In a cave. On mars.

By people I meant a large portion of the population, not a small amount. Of course you would find someone, somewhere that hates the Wii; to think otherwise would just be irrational.

4. roses_108

roses_108 Well-Known Member

Hahaha, sorry but your first part was funny but they are right, you know? Every one has to hate something I myself hate Sony and that's just me.

5. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

$10 says it's not for any rational reason.

6. Conquistador

Conquistador Vive la Revolution!

Yes because the "and that's just me" at the end of his post makes it very clear that there is a totally rational reason for his dislike towards Sony. -_-

7. sedrtis

sedrtis ...

i think its because of all the rubbish 3rd party games out a the moment, and the graphics not being as good as the xbox 360 and ps3.
    at least there are good games for the wii though under the pile of crap ones.

8. Sk@rmory288

Sk@rmory288 Put User Title Here

Only only thing I hate about the Wii is the fact I can't get one.

And the graphics compared to the 360/PS3, but that's no big deal.

Who hates the Wii? I guess only Sony and Microsoft do cause the Wii is taking all their money. I pretty sure 99.7% of the people in this forum is in love with the Wii. It's fun, it's cheaper than the other 2 and it's diffrent.

-The Skarm

9. Eeveeboy_geoff

Eeveeboy_geoff Error 404

WTF?
    What's with this thread?
    People don't hate the Wii... It's the best selling of the three systems. Topic starter, you've gotta get your facts straight.
    http://nexgenwars.com/
    Assuming you can trust those statistics, 50% of all the voters believe the Wii is the best system. More to the point, despite the fact that it was released well after to 360 it has surpassed the Xbox in sales.

I'd say there's more people who hate the 360 (for its plethora of hardware problems, although my friends haven't reported anything bad) than the Wii.

10. P-fan

P-fan Storm Trainer

I thought it was the name Wii that people hated.

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Only people with a dearth of maturity and no ability to get the hell over it and move on.

12. The Playstation 3 is the worst selling console ever created currently. It has sold less than the random ones which nobody seems to know about that came out a decade ago.

The XBox 360 came out a year before the Wii. The Wii has sold more than it.

From that, I think the Wii is pretty popular.

13. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

Yeah, anyone who laughed at it in the first place got over it the day after it was announced.

Before the jokes, I didn't even realize Americans laughed at the word wee on its own.
    Like Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4, Trauma Center, Final Fantasy, the announcement of an exclusive Megaman game, and all that?
    Uh, no.

14. Paddster56

Paddster56 Banned

I agree about he Playstation 3 its selling worse than the Playstation Portable!, I mean they should have cut the price in half than it would only be £199.99 That would be good would'nt it

15. fhqwhgads

fhqwhgads _____________

>_> Yeah, that would be the most amazing business move ever, it seems so flawless. *smack* They're already losing money on it. And the Playstation Portable is quite a good handheld. Wanna know why? It lived. Every other competition Nintendo has had in the handheld industry was beaten to the ground of discontinued.

16. SpriteRight3

SpriteRight3 Banned

Ok, first of all, the only people who hate the Wii are Sony and Microsoft. Any other people who dislike it or choose other platforms over the Wii are more hardcore gamers, but you already knew that, since you were redundant enough to answer your own question in the first post.
    There you go. And by the way?
    Go away.

17. Naraku_Diabolos

Naraku_Diabolos DNC20/NIN10

People don't hate the Wii. Other people who own the X360 or PS3 are jealous with how it's stealing marketshare and exclusives, such as Monster Hunter 3, Tales series, and Fatal Frame IV. Plus, Nintendo has revived the video game market from stagnation from the same-old-same-old / rehashed ideas of games (FPS; I'm looking at what the X360 and PS3 hold) and opened up the untapped market for casuals and 'fun' games that make you actually get 'involved' in playing games (Metroid Prime 3, Mario Party 8, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit etc.).

Does anyone even know what "Nintendo" means in Japanese? I heard somewhere that "Nin-ten-do" means "made-for-fun," but I could be wrong.

18. Zora

Zora Who dies first?

The PS3 is selling well, just way behind the other two mainstream consoles. Obscure consoles are NEVER mutlimillion sellers, the PS3 is one...

The Wii is doing the best overall, having the most sales and the fastest rate of sales too.

The 360 had a year head-start, but may start going stale (in relative terms I may add) after the Holiday sales are over and done with. I see no game that will be able to appeal to a lot of people coming out soon. And most of them were shooters, and for any shooter fan having a 360 is generally a must. So, assuming it is a shooter, they probably have a 360 already. Honestly, the most popular upcoming 360 game is probably Lost Odyssey, but I imagine it will be like Assassin's Creed all over again based on MistWalker's last effort. A game that looks good on the outside, but in reality nothing new (Read: Will be dissappointment).

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  19. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Depends and not true.

At one point, before the 80GB's release, the GBA was outselling the PS3. But now is not the case. Currently, outside of Japan, the PS3 is the selling the least most units each month. It usually goes from Wii, Nintendo DS (switch DS and Wii around for last month), Xbox 360, PS2, PSP (switch PSP and PS2 around for last month), and PlayStation 3.

However, when you take Japan's sales into consideration, the PS3 and Xbox 360 switch places while the DS is the highest selling piece of hardware.

It's by no means as embarassing as when the Xbox was outsold by the Dreamcast months after the Dreamcast was discontinued in Japan.

20. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Hang on, doesn't that still make up a lot of people still? Might explain why 'people hate the Wii'... ;)

Some people prefer the other consoles over the Wii, for various reasons - not everyone is going to like the Wii better than the two other 'big' consoles. Even if statistics show that the Wii is outselling the others, the other two still have a large fanbase, and a fair few may still dislike the Wii, just like who some Nintendo fanboys hate the PS3/Xbox 360...

Some people go for the graphics, some people just don't like the style of many Nintendo games, which do differ from what one might expect on PS3/Xbox 360. There's many reasons why some people don't like the Wii - but who cares about them? If they don't like it - fine, it's their opinion, even if it may be questionable for some. Ignore the critics if they bother you - it's as simple as that.