• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do people think Ash lost his personality in Sinnoh?

I can understand and respect why you may feel that way.

Because moments such as Ash freezing in cave with his pokemon for example used to be more evoking and touching to see imo as well, than its case when helping Chimchar to overcome his trauma, helping Hippopotas, his Pikachu when injured, Froakie etc. But in general that passion, emotion and care from Ash character can still be found in his acts toward pokemon, moments of risking life etc.

They are just portrayed differently because of different writing style and different situations Ash has found himseklf into i suppose.
Expressing emotions and thoughts in different, more "grown up way".

As for Ash more goofy, joking side of his character as evidenced with characters like Bonnie or Clemont, Cilan etc regardless of writing style staff knows how to write sich traits and decant them on screen in believable, engaging way.

However as far as Ash characterization goes i believe lack of more temperament, rude aspect of him can be interpretated as writers desire to go somewhere with their creation. Push main protagonist forward maturing, becoming more collected, polished and selfaware of his flaws.
Giving out impression to viewers how Ash character and story has evolved since early days with journey molding him as person changing abit becauise of that. Representing natural way of changing and becoming beither better or sometime unfortunately worse person when growing up and dealing with issies or tasks put infront of you.

Ash can still joke and be witty, but reason why it happens scarcely nowadays is also because of current characters or ones in DP not really containing that passion, fire, sarcasm or strongwilled, impulsive nature which would put Ash at corner. Question his motives, abilities and interest to awaken in him that more rude, temperament side or prompt him in reciprocating back when throwing inciting comments.

Since without clash, drama or tension produced from other side, its not to expect that character is going to act abruptly for no reason making it look awkward and contrived.

Regardless there is more to Ash appeal than just this for me. With character still having many outstanding qualities and personality traits specific for his character. He has huge love for pokemon being willing to even go as far in sacrificing his life if needed for greater good. Posess lot of passion, fire and selfless love in taking care of his pokemon and treating them as partners. Has big competitive fire and adventurous enthusiasm circulating through his veins in wanting to become strongest trainer out there. Which several of this qualities leaving strong impression on other characters as noticed with Cilan or Clemont, even Serena(though motives behind this are of entirely different nature), prompting them in wanting to join and learn from him throiugh out joiurney.
Admiring his determination, steadiness, caring nature and spirit.

Tend to be laid back, humorous and goofy often taking things for granted,. Forgetting to pay attention to small details and be more observiant(something E4 Bertha pointed out during battle against his Torterra). Can be rash, imulsive and stubborn rushing into match without thinking or even act selfish sometime. When food, battling or training pokemon is in question.

But also has lot of understanding and support for his friends being there to help them out when needed.

Such as in Pokevision episode initially rather wanting to train and practice with his pokemon, but quickly deciding to renounce ion that to help SErena, Clemont and Bonnie in filming. Finding his training can wait being more important to be there for your friends.

Coming of as full of life and energy character imo.

But i guess there is no point in beating dead horse anymore, and i feel we are starting to repeat ourselves. So while i can understand and accept your frustrazion and displease over way Ash is treated nowadays, to me as character he is still full of life and energy.

Respecting, but having different view and opinion about Ash personality and substance he has(especially as far as XY goes).

No problem: similarly, I respect your opinion, man. I agree with some points you raised here, but not so much others, but I'll leave it at that.