• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do people use Blaziken?

How do you use Blaziken

• I don't, I use Infernape for sweeping.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • I don't, I use Lucario for endure-reversaling.

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I use a different pokemon as my sweeper.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • I use a different pokemon as my endure-reversaler.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I use it competitivly as a special sweeper.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I don't use it.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I use it competitivly as an endure-reversal WITH weather support

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I use it competitivly as an endure-reversal

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I use it competitivly as a physical sweeper

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I use it in-game as it's my faviourite pokemon!

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Concidering that the arguments for not using it are well known. Now I respect that its your faviourite pokemon and you love using it ingame and thats fine. Just using it competitivly when there are better pokemon out there is just silly. So I want to know what kind of blaziken YOU use.

And just so everyone knows the argument i will explain every poll option right here.

1. Infernape > Blaziken for sweeping
Infernape has more speed and is much harder to counter than Blaziken and thus is a superior choice

2. Lucario > Blaziken for endure-reversaling
The only thing Blaziken does better than Infernape is endure-reversal, and due to its sandstorm resist Lucario does a much better job.

3. I use a different pokemon as my sweeper
Fair enough, you don't use Blaziken of Infernape as sweepers in your team.

4. I use a different pokemon as an endure-reversaler
Namely Hitmonlee, thoughn there are a few others. This is also a fair enough choice but watch out for sandstorm / hail!

5. I use Blaziken competitivly as a Special sweeper
Lol, why? 80 base speed and you are restricted to flamethrower and focus blast for offence. Fail more?

6. I don't use it
Self explanitory, though it is kind of covered in "I use another pokemon as a sweeper"

7. I use it as an endure-reversaler WITH weather support
Perferably sunny day. This is really the only way Blaziken can be used competitivly.

8. I use it competitivly as an endure-reveraler
And you are screwed if Tyranitar shows up

9. I use it as a physical sweeper
Low base speed hurts Blazikens ability to sweep well. Though choicescarf remedies this a bit and with n120 base attack it can be a real threat.

10. In-game, as its a faviourite
Well good for you!

And so you know, there is no way 1 on 1 that Blaziken can defeat Infernape. Once close combat puts Blaziken within the mach punch KO range of a max hp / def Blaziken. The only way that Blaziken can attack first is with a Choice scarf, so it goes somehting like this:
EDIT: I'm sorry I had to put this in. One pokemon beats another 1 on 1 is never a valid argument for using one pokemon over another, but when you are getting posts like this: *example incoming* you feel you need to put a stop to it.

EDIT2: Ona nother thread I have discovered that it is a stalemate between the two one-on-one. The only way Infernape can win is if it knows what the Blaziken user is going to do and vice-versa. Finding link now.

Credit to Normailse for putting up a good Blaziken vs Infernape argument.

Last edited:

Typo

been a while
If I could get one, the moveset would be;

-Thunderpunch
-Flare Blitz (it can learn it, right???)
-Ccombat (it can learn it, right???)
-Bulk Up

Property of Kirby

now belongs to...
Blaziken and Infernape both suck.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Some good results on the poll, but not much posting... Expand people!

shiney mew

Marsh Trainer
Boo. Even competitively, just because there are better Pokemon doesn't mean everyone likes them better, and I think it's silly to use Pokemon you don't like. I like Lucario because it's blue and has an interesting movepool, but I prefer Blaziken pretty much infinitely over Infernape. Infernape infuriates me with its whole "Ha ha, I'm better than you, Blaziken", and I like birds better than monkeys, so if I was using one of the two, it would definitely be Blaziken.

zeno48

Zaker!
I don't use blaziken, Infernape is a lot better.

BlazikenGurl

Pik-eeeooow!
It's my favorite Pokemon and I feel it is a really good Pokemon.

acer blaze

Blaziken kicks the retarded ape with brave bird any day

Blaziken w/ choice scarf always wins me a pbr win!

Infernape=trash.

Lucario is my special sweeper!

duncan

About time a smart poll about Blaziken came up around here. Endlessly getting mobbed by idiots saying "infernape pwns blaziken!!!" really gets annoying.

I'm not completely impartial (Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon) but Infernape hasn't completely made Blaziken obsolete. Endure/Reversal + Blaze + Salac is a formidable combo, and no one will ever ignore a Pokemon with 120 Attack.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
About time a smart poll about Blaziken came up around here. Endlessly getting mobbed by idiots saying "infernape pwns blaziken!!!" really gets annoying.

I'm not completely impartial (Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon) but Infernape hasn't completely made Blaziken obsolete. Endure/Reversal + Blaze + Salac is a formidable combo, and no one will ever ignore a Pokemon with 120 Attack.

fails to sandstorm, making Lucarioa better choice, unless you use weather support.

blackrose

i dont compete and i use it in game coz i like him/her.