• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do people use Young children in household product commericals.. dosn't make sense

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Do you all seriously not know? Comercials with kids get more attention... Commercials with cats get even more attention... Commercials with dogs get like 80% of the veiwer's attention... (that's why most these commercials also have pets in the background) It's the same reason cereal boxes are bright colors... gets attention (also makes the boxes look bigger)... meh, wonder why hollywood doesn't have to obey child labor laws?

Clash

He's Back!
Serebii needs more Google ads.

meh, wonder why hollywood doesn't have to obey child labor laws?
I don't think that the same laws apply to children working in entertainment or advertising as they do to children working in an establishment.

Anyway, using cute children in commercials most likely attracts a large amount of viewers. That's simple advertising because you want to utilize media techniques that appeal to the masses.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
I'm still waiting for a Sam Adams commercial with a toddler drinking their product.

Until that day, stop fucking complaining about shit.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
remote used ZAP cannon, the move was super effective,
the foe's commercial fainted.

a pokebattle style hint:p

Pure_Dalek

God of all Daleks
all I know is if I see another commerical with a 5 year old trying to sound like they know everything or singing a friggin song that makes my ears hurt im going to lodge a complaint.And I cant change Channel because WWE Ad Breaks are between 30 seconds and 3 minutes.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
all I know is if I see another commerical with a 5 year old trying to sound like they know everything or singing a friggin song that makes my ears hurt im going to lodge a complaint.And I cant change Channel because WWE Ad Breaks are between 30 seconds and 3 minutes.

Ain't that just the saddest thing in the world.

Sammi

Banned
They put little kids in commercials because people have a strange fetish for annoying brats that talk stupidly.

Azure Wolf

Commercials with children are undoubtly quite a turn off especially when they act so dumb in promoting a brand that embarasses thier society, for example a kid dances because "Mr. Muscle" here bought a sink cleaning agent.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Commercials with children are undoubtly quite a turn off especially when they act so dumb in promoting a brand that embarasses thier society, for example a kid dances because "Mr. Muscle" here bought a sink cleaning agent.
Couldn't agree more.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Well, most people think it is "cute" to see a small child acting as such. However, most people buy the product for what the product does, as commercials have a way of just trying to get your attention. It's just a gamble to try to get some more customers and buyers for the product. It may get annoying, but don't most commercials get annoying over a span of time? I can get angry just because I'm sick of car insurance commercials and one comes on. Advertising is a confusing, annoying, and fairly idiotic world.

Kakumei

夜に踊り疲れて。
I wonder if the parents/people in the kid's lives will ever let the kid live down the fact that he/she was in such a lame commercial/s.

...I am suddenly reminded of the Simpsons episode where Bart finds a tape from a commercial he was in as a baby.
Haha! You're Baby Stink Breath!

Last edited:

hammy_ham_ham

Unleash your Phantom
They use them for the same reason they use a puppy in commercials- it's been stamped into our mind that they're cute, and cute sells. Sure it may get annoying, but in advertising it's better to have bad publicity than no publicity.
Anything that makes you recognize their product over someone else's is something they'll use.