• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do so many people dislike D/P/Pt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough, if they've had it since RBG, they wouldn't have it on their DPPt. You can't trade Gen I-II to Gen III+. And that,s not necessarily true, just because they're new doesn't mean that everyone prefers them.

If I had been correct, that argument would've been awesome.

Wait, I can save it! FireRed and LeafGreen! HA! Now I feel better!

Naito

I have absolutely no idea how can majority of people hate gen 4 so much. Ok, i might be a little biased since it's my favourite generation, but I don't understand all those arguments about how the fourth generation designs suck. It has the best designs imo (with very little exceptions) and platinum will always be one of my most favourite games.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Most of those people who dislike D/P/P probably never tried it

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
It's my favorite Gen. I don't get why people think it's so slow. It's just as fast as the other games IMO.

I played Diamond, and got HeartGold, and it definitely seemed notably faster than Diamond.

I think Diamond was executed well, the storyline was good, and I think it made the fewest mistakes of any game. However, it just felt lacking somewhat... I didn't really think there was anything that special or memorable about it unlike the other games... It was still brilliant though!

TheShinyWriter

Poké-Journalist
I don't understand it, either... but the battles' paces were a bit slow. I loved D/P with its awesome villains, (Madman Cyrus!) and new Pokemon, (Gained quite a few favorites in there!) especially for its creepy-pasta Old Chateau. :) I think pace was the only reason I play it less so... and the saving times duration got on my nerves, too.

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
I think we all know the real reason was the reduction in the frame rate.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I think we all know the real reason was the reduction in the frame rate.

Which was heightened again in Platinum.

Besides, had it retained the same framerate it would be subject to much more glitches and tweaks and the such, due to some Sinnoh areas already pushing the limits of the DS.

Any further and it would almost be as buggy as RB.

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
Which was heightened again in Platinum.

I have never heard this before. Do you have any sources I could see?

Besides, had it retained the same framerate it would be subject to much more glitches and tweaks and the such, due to some Sinnoh areas already pushing the limits of the DS.

Any further and it would almost be as buggy as RB.

You're not wrong, I'm just saying this is part of why the games are viewed as slow. Perhaps battle animations could still have been quicker.

P.S. On a side note, does anyone if the frame rates changed in the fifth generation?

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I must be clueless because I had no idea so many people hated them. They were pretty good in my opinion...

noakai

I'm one of the ones who counts Gen 4 as my least favorite when it comes to main games, but I don't hate it. It actually had a LOT of new Pokemon that I really liked (way more than compared to Gen 3) but I found the actual game itself boring, for some reason. Team Galactic was super boring, I disliked the legendaries, the only gym leader I liked was Volkner (although I liked the E4), and overall there was just something about the actual storyline that wasn't as compelling as I wanted. IMO, of course, I know lots of people love it. I do wish I'd played Platinum but I took a break for a few years and by the time I was playing again, the choice was between HGSS (based on games that I had LOVED) or Platinum, and I picked HGSS.

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
Gen IV is my 3rd favourite gen of games but people probably hate gen IV because there's too many HM's and the story is kind of "eh" (but who plays a pokemon game for story).

The story wasn't very cohesive and sometimes it was just boring. The movement was rather slow and some routes stretched endlessly. Pokémon weren't very well created/distributed either (two fire types? one of which is a starter?)

Also surf speed is ac rime against humanity. I liked it better than Gen V at least but I feel like with all of the new shiny stuff V introduced, IV just looked bad in comparison.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I have never heard this before. Do you have any sources I could see?

I thought this was common knowledge, as I hear it everywhere, but I don't remember any addresses other than a question in the old Pokémon Website, in the mailbox.

You're not wrong, I'm just saying this is part of why the games are viewed as slow. Perhaps battle animations could still have been quicker.

P.S. On a side note, does anyone if the frame rates changed in the fifth generation?

I'm not sure, but I think the same framerate was used in BW, at least.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm surprised by how much hate Gen 4 gets on this site and others like it. I mean I remember lurking back when D/P were released and almost everyone had positive things to say about the games. And I recall Platinum version being treated like the Messiah of Pokemon games for a while, so I don't really get why Gen 4 is viewed so negatively these days. Maybe people just "moved on" once Gen 5 came along? We can only speculate. :x

I don't really know why. D/P/PT were some epic games, the Sinnoh region was awesome and the Pokemon were awesome as well. The plot was epic, and the characters were nice. For me it was a great generation of games.

Possibly, but not necessarily.

And no, you're wrong. Your argument was 'since Gen I', and FrLg are Gen III.

Sense of humor, please.

FireRed and LeafGreen, are revamps of the older Gen. 1 games. They are set in Kanto, and have the same storyline from Gen. 1. They also start with bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle. Gen. 3 Pokemon are available in FR and LG, but these games technically are not Gen. 3, that was Ruby and Sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.