• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do so many people dislike D/P/Pt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 298996

What more could you possibly have been expecting besides a change in mechanics?
I am talking about how battles look themselves, they just added the buttons in the touchscreen and thats all.

Im not talking about battle mechanics. Thats something I like, changing physical and special moves.

The metagame is kinda good.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I am talking about how battles look themselves, they just added the buttons in the touchscreen and thats all.

Im not talking about battle mechanics. Thats something I like, changing physical and special moves.

The metagame is kinda good.

They don't need to look drastically different aside from updating the graphics (which they did), that's just nitpicking.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What did people find confusing about Team Galactic's motivation and goals? I thought it was pretty straightforward myself--the ultimate goal was to create a "perfect" universe without fighting or suffering, but through the eradication of not only the present universe, but also all emotions (emotions being why we fight and all). Except only Cyrus and the three/possibly four commanders (it's unclear if Charon knew, but he also didn't care) knew about it.

I know there's some oddity over the last, since Saturn says in the postgame that he didn't know what his boss really wanted, but this is bull for a few reasons. First, he knew about the "eradication of all emotion" part. Second, he's the FIRST ONE TO TELL YOU about the new universe. Ahaha he's a liar.

Anyway, I'll tell ya what I hated about DPPt was the SURFING SPEED WOW THANKS GAME. It shouldn't take a minute to reach Canalave from Jubilife!

I also hated the way the GTS was arranged in Pt and that it's become the standard model. The DP version was so much easier to use.

And with the exception of a few pieces, the music didn't really stand out to me. The bike theme wtf why does it sound like those scenes in old movies whenever there's a news report?

I didn't mind the proliferation of legendaries, which I know is a common complaint. Some areas in the real world have more legends than others, so it makes sense. But I wish Nintendo would have made up their mind about how to get some. Dude, download or store events. PICK ONE. And while you're at it, give us the Azure Flute.

Ditto B1tch

Who complains D/P/Pt is still playing the games, then I think that it is the bad habit of complaining about everything.

D/P/Pt were excellent games and they introduced some new stuff in the Pokemon world.

And Platinum fixed most of the things that people complained about D/P.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Believe it or not, The 4th Generation was the Generation that really got me into Pokémon as an early Teenager. As a matter of fact, That's what encouraged me to use this Forum. Now that Platinum was released: I see what the problem with Diamond & Pearl was... The meditite & medicham was used too often by the gym leaders & elite 4 & the speeds were pretty horrendous in comparison to what emerald gave us. But I really see no reason to hate them (Aside Tangrowth, Still haven't gotten used to that hideous wretch!)

Muyho

Sinnoh Journeyman
I loved D/P I played so many hours...
I didn't realize how much I missed it until after I gave it away and bought a new SS version. T-T

Zubeon

I thought it was fine at the time, with the positives more than outweighing the negatives (which have been listed here already). But when Black and White came out, and I went back to restart Diamond after shifting all of my Pokemon to the new cart, I realised just how slow it was, and that's turned me against it a bit. That and the frankly ludicrous number of HMs, needing 5 to get through Victory Road. And yeah, I think Gen IV is the low point in Pokemon design, but like others have said that problem is solved after you beat the Elite Four.

AGGRON GUY

expert breeder
I dont know why. I have beat and restarted 3 times. I love how in diamond after you beat the champion you can get lapras and can get level 70 girantina. I have diamond in my 3ds right now. But i hate how annoying they made the elite four. Also the people in the game talk to much.

Personally, I think my pearl game is good, (mostly because you can get dratini) but I prefer Emerald and fire red. Most of my pearl team is pokemon I migrated from fire red and Emerald.

Silicone

Poison Moth
wha? I thought they were the most well-liked.. o_O

I stopped playing Platinum after I reached the Elite Four. Got bored easily.

Pidjiken

IV Breeder
IMO 4th gen was pretty awful. Platinum was good but Diamond and Pearl were just so goddamn slow and boring for me.

Hoenn > Unova > Johto > Kanto > Sinnoh

Theres no real super specific reasons why I feel this way, it's just me taking into account how I felt after playing these games and which ones gave me the most enjoyment.

Ytterbium70

DIE PEOPLE
I guess this is a little biased cause these where my first game, but I thought they were awesome

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Also the people in the game talk to much.

I love it! The increased dialogue added to the feel of the world and gave us greater insight into the setting and characters.

Nekagi

Eevee Fan
Just one thing that bugs me the most about Platinum:

You can't check the Starter Pokemon you just picked to see what Nature it has, i.e. how can I tell if Piplup is Modest-natured or not during the first battle with Barry?

Last edited:

skeletorissatan

gen 3 gets the most hate overall. Gen 5 didnt get hate, it got perfect scores off most people for doing something new with the series

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I think some people disliked it due to the Pokeradar, because it was an easy way to get some shinies. Also, I don't think the new Pokemon were greatly received, although Sinnoh is 2nd favorite region (after Hoenn).

Status
Not open for further replies.