• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do so many people dislike D/P/Pt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedarottom

i agree D/P were are slow but they r still fun and to hate on them isnt right. they may be slw but all pokemon ames seem slow to me

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
They were great games. I bought the game but had to borrow a Ds from my friend to just play Diamond. It was slow on the Battling styles. And the walking/Running/Biking but its a pokemon game. I loved it and still do no matter what ^-^

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
I thought that Diamond and Platinum (I don't have Pearl) were very good. Everyone that I know liked those games, in person I mean.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
I like Pearl and Platinum. I thought they were great games, there were some interesting new designs, and Team Galactic seem the most villainous out of all of the teams I've faced. Admittedly, they were a tad slow, but that doesn't make them bad games.

A friend of mine claims he dislikes the games because of one thing: Bidoof. How you can dislike a Pokémon game based on a single Pokémon, I don't know.

Canada

Banned
I don't see many people hating on DPPt. Not sure where you came to that conclusion. I also likes those games as well, especially Platinum.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I don't see many people hating on DPPt. Not sure where you came to that conclusion. I also likes those games as well, especially Platinum.

Basically everything I was about to say.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
The DP saga (both anime and games) was probably my all time favourite. I don't know why people hate on these games.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
The one fault they had I saw...."Saving a lot of data"

Because of that, I always second-guessed myself whether or not I absolutely needed to go into the PC.

My one critique. Glad they fixed that for HGSS

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I like Platinum far better than White, but there's still something about it that as soon as I stop playing the game for a week or so, I'll get stuck in a rut and just start again. I've restarted it today, mainly because my SS game has gone walkabouts somewhere in my house so I'm hoping it fills the void until I find SS again.

Actually I think it might be that you spend a lot of time with Team Galactic and Cyrus between badges seven and eight, especially with Platinum and the added Distortion World. They could've spaced it out a bit more, or not made it so overwhelming.

Last edited:

UUTrainerUU

Just a Fan
Because Generation IV is far too good for them, they're jealous that they'll never be as good. Just kidding..

Well, the only logical explanation is because they've gone 'insane in the brain.' I've got nothing else, it doesn't make sense.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
I personally loved the games. Although the continent seemed large and jumbled together, there was a distinct path. Plus, being the first games with the Physical/Special split was pretty significant. These games were so much faster moving than Black and White per say.

I like Platinum more than DP though because of the added Pokemon within the game and also getting some pokemon (like Gible!) sooner. I don't know about y'all, but Garchomp definitely carried my team in Platinum. I personally like going through a game once, and then going through the game again but have more options for your team. BW2 for example was a much better experience for me personally than BW. It was a nice surprise seeing all new pokemon in zones.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I'm not sure where you got that assumption. I loved those games and I know only very few people that didn't like them at all. Anyways, I guess (some) people don't like it's because it's different from other games, or they're complicated or it might be because of the storyline. Not sure really...
- Nate the;448;

kash0661

Lazy Trainer
I quite liked this gen, of course it had problems many of which were taken care of in Platinum but overall it was a good gen. I quite liked the introduction of new evolutions for previous pokemon although my only problem with them is that they are only available through trading (I hate gamefreaks for creating trading evolution). The storyline was quite spectacular given that the legends this time around had god like qualities about them. Also the introduction of Arceus just took the cake their is nothing more epic in this gen than that.

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
Platinum was my pokemon game. It was what introduced me to it. I never thought, "man this is a stupid game." I loved that game. It was what got me started. It lead me to hg and white. It made me get the 2nd gen games from my neighbor. It made me look through ksl and ebay and amazon looking for the right games. To me they are (and always will be) the best pokemon games ever.

PokemonOwn

I do know that Generation 3 and 4 are the most hated. Now, whether that is because they are succeeding Gen 1+2, I don't know. But, I loved Generation 4. Most of the problems with it were fixed in Platinum which I enjoy more than any other game in the series with the exception of HGSS. I love the region, the characters, the Pokemon, everything just kicks major ***, and since I know people will hate me for this... I think of it as better than Gen 5. Yes, I think Gen 5 had a bland region, bland characters, boring Gym Leaders, and terrible and samey Pokemon ideas, and the music just made me cringe. To this day Platinum has my favourite soundtrack out of every Pokemon game ever.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
DP wasn't that great. There weren't enough good pokemon to train. Platinum, however, is my favorite game yet. With houndoom, and all the new evos, it was amazing!

Bramble

I enjoyed the games a lot, especially Platinum. I just love the shape of the region in general, and how you travel all over the place just to get to each city and town. The physical/ special split was huge too, and it took me a few months to figure out why the description of the move in Fire Red did not show what type of move it was. XD

Livingtime

The one thing I personally hate is just how slow it is! Even the GBA games were faster! I do like the game itself however, no complaints there. Distribution has never bothered me in any Pokemon game.

I pretty much finished the whole national dex in it at one point, but now after I stopped playing it, whenever I go back to D/P/Pt the speed REALLY kills my fun

ashiemore

Although I do like the GBA games better, I can't see how anybody would dislike platinum. D&P however have their issues. One of the biggest issues(for me, at least) is the fact that it's so slow. There also is the incompleteness of the storyline, which is shown in almost every paired game version. Still, the sinnoh region is one of may favorites in the pokemon world.

~ashiemore

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I loved Diamond.
Though I haven't played since 2007, for some reasons; is it as slow as SoulSilver?

Status
Not open for further replies.