• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do so many people hate the 4th generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
no, you must kid, none can be that stupid
I know how stupid humans can be and they CAN NOT be THAT stupid
Yes they can. I have seen it. I was like "Holy fucknuts people, it's just a game." But unfortunally, Purists are seeping in the HGSS forum.

*Defintion of Purist*
Purists often originate as victims of Adaptation Decay and Merchandise Driven effects who eventually become suspicious of seemingly arbitrary changes. A sufficiently old purist often has a Nostalgia Filter and holds a cynical view towards newer derivations and the fans associated with it, blaming them for the superfluous changes made in stories. Purists often dislike mixing fandoms or outright crossovers, and hold mixed opinions on Derivative Works. Other fans complain they lack any ability to enjoy new spins on things without constant comparison to How It Used To Be; sufficiently younger fans see Purists as obsessing about stories which are obscure and mostly inaccessible to them. A sufficiently old purist may even predate the internet, and often dislikes its presence there.

I like it.

Junn

Not that I dislike it, but there ARE some bad things...

Like the gen 1/2 evolutions... Why are they so ugly? Looks like they were based on a giant ball... Tangrowth, is a big ball; Rhyperior is a big ball; Magnezone is a big ball; Electivire and Magmortar are big balls; Lickilicky is the fat ball king; Mamoswine is a big ball; Probopass and Dusknoir are big balls; Even Togekiss is a big ball! And Porygon Z is a very strange one... But I like Weavile, Froslass, Leafeon and Glaceon... Even if the last two are very "un-creative"

And yes, like others, I think there are TOO many legendaries

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill

Like the gen 1/2 evolutions... Why are they so ugly? Looks like they were based on a giant ball... Tangrowth, is a big ball; Rhyperior is a big ball; Magnezone is a big ball; Electivire and Magmortar are big balls; Lickilicky is the fat ball king; Mamoswine is a big ball; Probopass and Dusknoir are big balls; Even Togekiss is a big ball! And Porygon Z is a very strange one... But I like Weavile, Froslass, Leafeon and Glaceon... Even if the last two are very "un-creative"

Jesus Christ, here we go again...

Why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

Wat.
There is nothing wrong with 4th gen. People complain about the designs, but I actually like the designs.
All 4 generations are good, but what I feel about them is:

D/P/PT:
Best Multiplayer

R/S/E:
Best Settings
Best Designs
Best Meme
Best Story

G/S:
Best Non-Multiplayer Replay Value
Most undestructable and completely broken Smash Bros. character (Pichu)

R/B:
Worst Setting
Worst Plot
Worst Designs

CAH

Calm And Hyper
I don't hate the 4th gen, Its a damsight better than runy and sapphire. In fact I don't see why people have so much to complain about with it.

Hive Mind

Is not a GIRL
Too slow and didn't add as much as the second gen or revolutionize as much as the third gen.

Voltorb and Electrode are creative? Krabby and Kingler are? Mr. Mime? Seel and Dewgong?

Tyrant Tar

Tangela is a big ball, Magneton is three big balls, Piloswine is a big, lumpy ball, a lot of those Pokemon that got new evolutions were on the hefty size to start. =/

Volteon

Back I guess??
Tangela is a big ball, Magneton is three big balls, Piloswine is a big, lumpy ball, a lot of those Pokemon that got new evolutions were on the hefty size to start. =/
I lol'd xD

yes, seriously, there is nothing else to discuss here, there were some flamish moments this thread so I'm closing it to avoid some more...

and looking at the posts, the great majority likes 4th gen so this thread is also a possible assumption thread opener did =/

eh, Closed. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.