• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do so many people hate the 4th generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
Or 15 year olds :p

God it annoys me when older teenagers want to act old and say they don't care what people, who are two years younger than them, think about them. I'm sure you can find another way to go waste your time rather than tell people that they're too young for you.

Not sure... Probably something like this

Pretty much sums it up right there. :p

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
It brought too many changes.

and what everyone says: IT wasnt' G/S.

I don't hate it, though.

Zazie

So 1991
most of the people over here are not fanboys

I would somewhat disagree. Being a fansite dedicated to Pokemon there are a lot of fanboy's/fangirls. Whether it be ones who hate the new anime, new pokemon, RBY, rocketshippers whatever there are lots of incoherent fans here. At least most of them don't seem to be the flaming type.

I don't hate the fourth gen, it's my second favorite region behind hoenn. I acutally like the 2nd gen the least, but regardless, in my opinion, the 4th generation is not bad at all. Quite good, actually.

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
I would somewhat disagree. Being a fansite dedicated to Pokemon there are a lot of fanboy's/fangirls. Whether it be ones who hate the new anime, new pokemon, RBY, rocketshippers whatever there are lots of incoherent fans here. At least most of them don't seem to be the flaming type.

I don't even know how to "flame" :)

Mongerty

Halo Fanatic
Like I have said before, these are easily the best games. If you loved the pokemon from Gen 2, then transfer some over and play with them. (I did it, and had a blast raising my Charmander and Dratini alongside my Turtwig).

The games themselves are the most complete. The story was a little lacking, but not much different from any of the other games.

The features alone make me question anyone who hates the 4th Gen.

jindahouse

Water Pokemon Master
i dont hate it but i think that its lacking in some types and overloading in others eg 2 new fire familys only 5 water (i love water pokemon but there is only piplup and evo's that r good)

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
For me, Gen IV sucks because there are too little Fire-type Pokemon, the writers designed the anime of Gen IV with dark proportions and plus, we haven't seen any truly new Pokemon yet. I hope there are at least 200 to come.

legendary collector

legendary collector
i like the 4th gen i am a vetran trainer(lost all my games so i dont have all my best pokemon) because it allows you to get optional legendaries(cressila moltres articuno ect)
and dont practically force you to get legendaries like some other games(not saying any names....emerald...)

Morcombe

I like generation 4 a lot but it has a few specific flaws that bother me.

reasons
- too many event pokemon
- too many trade evolutions, I have no idea how to use wi-fi
- removing misdreavous, murkrow, glameow and stunky from platinum annoyed me
- now with platinum there are 5 running pokemon, sorry but i dont have all day to chase those things

I get that trading betwen two games is part of pokemosn main draw but isn't it time we got a game where you can actually catch all of them, that is the slogan after all.

and yes I've been playing since the good old days of red/blue/yellow, i own every version available.

Last edited:

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
I get that trading betwen two games is part of pokemosn main draw but isn't it time we got a game where you can actually catch all of them, that is the slogan after all.

and yes I've been playing since the good old days of red/blue/yellow, i own every version available.

Can't you just trade over wifi to get the Pokemon you can't find regularly in the game?

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
Gen 2 fanboy syndrome. That must be a seriously bad forum, as most of the people over here are not fanboys (although we get our fair share) and have actually come up with valid arguments over the course of this thread.

"Bad" isn't the word for NSider2. "Terrendous" is a much more appropriate term. Everyone will flame you for any percieved slight.

pokemaster001

reasons
- too many event pokemon
- too many trade evolutions, I have no idea how to use wi-fi
- removing misdreavous, murkrow, glameow and stunky from platinum annoyed me
- now with platinum there are 5 running pokemon, sorry but i dont have all day to chase those things
replies
- oh hell yes!
- *shrugs* I guess, but I guess that's why they have so many multiplayer features
- oh hell yes!
- yeah, but you can space out your time with them, maybe get a pokemon with extremespeed to weaken them to start and maybe a week later try and catch them
It is annoying, I'll give it that, but that kinda just adds to the challenge
me too!!!!
actually I lost R/B/Y/G/S/R/S/E/FR
but I owned them!!!!

I just remembered something, the main reason I care about HG/SS, the main thing they never brought back, the main reason R/S disappointed me
TWO REGIONS!!!!!!!!
I find it hard to believe most people including me missed that

Last edited:

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
Can you be a Sonic fan if you don't like Sonic '06? I win for the anti 4th Gen'rs.

Take your outdated Hegdehog somewhere else. All generations are awesome in their own way. Some prefer more than others. Just because one hates a "Gen", doesn't mean they totally disregard it. I mean, they care enough about it to hate, right?

Last edited:

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
What I didn't Like about 4th Gen:

- Horrible Story
- No character development
- Bad Charater design
- Pokeradar (thanks for making my shinys worthless Nintendo T_T)
- Most of the new pokes look horrible (stunky)
- Ruining old pokes with new evos (they murdered Rhydon!! :p)
- Some new poke's are hard to even tell wth they are (Arceus)
- I caught more Legendaries on my play through than normal pokes

What I did like:

- WiFi (Brilliant!!)
- SOME new pokes are cool (Abomasnow)
- The Underground

Being playing since R/B/Y and I have to say I'm seeing a steady decline in creativity in regards to pokemon design (Probopass!!! wtf). I can't wait untill 5th gen to see there new creative ideas (go TnTemon *stick of Dynamite with google eyes appears ;). In all seriousness I'm done with pokemon after HG/SS unless they bring back the guy who did the pokemon for the first two gens.

Yes, I know it's stupid.But on the NSider2 forums (Which I left, thank God), everyone on Power On (The single most idiotic board on an idiotic website) will tell you "Pokémon should have died after Gold and Silver." It makes me wanna punch someone in the face. And they would die. They would die from facepunching.

I know Nintendo needs to start making good Pokemon games again like Gold and Silver. ;)

Why does that make you mad? Nintendo has made it clear that they don't care about the franchise, good game design, and only about money. I admit if a younger me (1st gen me) saw the 4th gen pokemon I would want to go facepunching as they are little better that random peices of clay slapped together with gogglely eyes.

RYKUU

Water Trainer
What I didn't Like about 4th Gen:

- Horrible Story
- No character development
- Bad Charater design
- Pokeradar (thanks for making my shinys worthless Nintendo T_T)
- Most of the new pokes look horrible (stunky)
- Ruining old pokes with new evos (they murdered Rhydon!! :p)
- Some new poke's are hard to even tell wth they are (Arceus)
- I caught more Legendaries on my play through than normal pokes

I have to agree in the red, some pokes like Probopass look like they were created by a 2 year old, it is my most hated pokemon to date.

Concerning the evolutions i have a very simple message POKEMON DON'T ALL NEED AN EVOLUTION!.

like togekiss and tangrowth, It begs the question.

Nintendo what were you thinking!?

After playing Gold/Silver/Crystal, sorry to say the follow-up games (3rd and 4th generations) were a disappointment in comparison. Not that they weren't good, but they weren't all that fantastic either.

Charmbracelet

Looking In
They're unrealistic.

In fact I don't like the 3rd or 4th generation overall although there some pokemon I enjoy.

I know we're talking about Pokemon, but the 1st and 2nd generation were actually based on something, whether it be animals or teachnology, now the pokemon are so unrealistic and strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.