• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do so many people secretly like pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those people. I hide my interest in Pokemon because people think it's a little kid thing. >_> Some of my friends know, but most don't... I just don't want people making fun of me. :X

jellsprout

I love pokemon. Everybody knows it. Nobody cares exept for my parents.
Some of my friends like pokemon. Everybody knows it. Nobody cares. Or at least now.

A few years ago, when I was at another school and Dragonball Z was the fad, some kids created a Dragonball Z fanclub. The only way you could join was by ripping up a pokemon card. But I know that they were a short time before it (or maybe even during it) they were big pokemon fans. All I know about the club is that it dissapeared two days later. Happens alot at that school.

People who say they don't like pokemon never played the games, are braindead, don't like the games because training takes to long or do like pokemon.

Volteon

Back I guess??
I forgot to tell you, when I was 10 YO, I hated pokemon, I started to like when I was 10 too, now (15) I´m a megafan pokemon, and like jynxrocks said, all pokefans that I met they´re realy smart, there are others (that liked pokemon, but then disliked it), so they were smart and then ....zombie.... it´s really impresionant what pokemon make with our heads, I´m considered the smartest in my class and I went to 3 math olimpics (top 10 of the 3 olimpcs). I think that pokemon have some influence in this.

Dunsparce

I Confess that I like Pokemon to many people. I even openly play my games in school. I don't care if they think it's childish.

FYI: IF THEY STOP BEING YOUR FRIEND JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE POKEMON, THEY WERE NEVER TRUE FRIENDS TO BEGIN WITH!!!

T

Tifa

I hide my liking for it. Its much harder in the UK, This countries full of arrogant ******** who do nothing but try to put us down, So thats why we dont reveal we like it,

Black Hayate

Ablare en Español.
I like pokemon, but here in NJ, its considered Gay and childish. The only reasons I hide that I like it is because:
1- I explained its considered gay and Childish
2- My ENTIRE FAMILY (myself included) is christian so there come the usual debate pokemon is from the devil...

only 1 one my friends (my best friend) Who is christian as well like pokemon as much as I do, secretly likes pokemon (and he even joined the serebiiforums!!!)

N

N8er1017

Slack King said:
Meh, this is one of those "I'm so misunderstood for liking pokemon" threads, reminds me of the NSider forums *shudders*

But as long as people are into it I suppose I should post as well.

I'm in the "nerd" social class at my school. I'd like to say that I'm a fair amount cooler than my friends.. ;p Anyway, I have a friend named Andrew and I was talking to him about Netbattle. That day he started shouting out "CT LIKES POKEMON" and etc. which isn't really cool on account of the only reason he does it is because he's self concious and thinks that making me look bad will look good and it doesnt.

Thats my rant ._.;;

Haha, yea your friend's really insecure. It's a shame people have to deal with classes, which is why I never judge people. But if I had to say, I'd probably say I'm in the middle-upper, if you get what that would mean anyway. I can't stand some of the "popular kids", but most of them I don't mind talking to. (I'm sure most of you don't believe me, check out my Myspace if you like. My girlfriend's Myspace is that one that say "Psst Icky Charlie!" In all caps I think, but I can't remember.

As to the post about "afraid of losing your friends", no with my case that isn't the problem. I just don't feel like dealing with gettin' the **** for it, lol. My friend supposedly did something... gross to a jar of peanut butter, so now me and my neighborhood give him all kinds of **** for it, even though we dunno he did lol. It's not like we're gunna disown him, he's still a cool kid. A real friend would never disown you for liking pokemon, they'd either admit they do, or make fun of you :) (nicer than saying "oh... yea ok..." that makes you feel dumb)

And about the "I'm misunderstood" post, read the topic again dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. This thread is based on fact, it is fact that some of America does have an undying, unconditional love for Pokemon for some reason. Some people don't know that, and that's why they post these threads sometimes.

Oh lord, Pokemon from the devil? Good lord. You Chrisitians... Good lord, people are much more satanic than divine these days. "Pokemon is from the devil"... Slap your entire family for me dude. I may be half Jewish and half chrisitian by blood, but I'm full Agnostic (That just means I have my own beliefs).

To RJ Fighter, those guys are messed up. We don't have that **** at our school, and when I do see it I don't go running for a teacher, but I'm always willing for a fight. Most people hwo make fun of others are much smaller, so they always back down, little punks, hate 'em all. Remember it isn't society, not everyone's the same.

To the dude with the twin bro, we're in the same boat, 'sept my brother's 2 years younger. He'll never cry over a game, I'd kill him, but he loves pokemon and we both hide it from being publically displayed to much.

Gah my posts are getting long and painful. Sorry about that everyone.

For a final note, everyone just needs to stay strong. Don't listen to that "stay with what you believe in!" Rubbish, have an open mind, and maybe others will follow. People normally shut pokemon out, and whoever might like it out, also. Just like Japanese anime (I.E. Inu Yasha.) I'm not much of a fan of that, though I'm tolerable of InuYasha, and the only time I've missed a Fullmetal Alchesist epsisode was when my girlfriend was over really late. (Yea, took her home at 1:30, just missed it :().

Volteon

Back I guess??
pokemon is from devil, this is the strangest thing that I never thought to listen (OK, read too). I think that pokemon should raise it´s familiarity with other people, even some famous games have lower difficult level than pokemon (difficult level that I give to pokemon games is 9.6/10).

N

N8er1017

Jolteon ^..^ said:
pokemon is from devil, this is the strangest thing that I never thought to listen (OK, read too). I think that pokemon should raise it´s familiarity with other people, even some famous games have lower difficult level than pokemon (difficult level that I give to pokemon games is 9.6/10).

9.6?!?! But, dude! I burn through Pokemon in 3 days tops! No guide books, that can't be right dude. What they REALLY ought to do is do an anniversary game, or omsething like it: Blend Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and maybe another smaller region. Everything would have to be changed, of course, no one wants to just go from R/B/Y ---> G/S/C ---> R/S/E, that'd be boring. LG/FR aren't changed enough at all in my mind... Not worth buyin' I'd say. Unless, of course, you've never played R/B/Y. Is Crystal a lot different from Gold and Silver? I've beaten every game atleast 6 times each, except for Crystal, and Saphire/Emerald. Beat Emerald twice now.

P

pisces_beedrill

Jolteon ^..^ said:
well, there is this mental girl at my old school who says that and i just yelled and went into a rage. i do that a lot. but a ton of people care about what other think of them so...

MachopGirl

<== Wanna Hug Him?
Most of the time, I don't hide my liking of Pokemon because my friends accepted me for who I am, not for the things I like. In fact, a friend of mine actually had a love for Mareep even though she had no interests in Pokemon.

One thing I don't get is, why do people treat others like crap just because for something they like or hate?

Encyclopika

The Queen
^It's the same reason why people make fun of others for other things. I'm told it makes them feel better about themselves. Either that, or they are trying to get a laugh out of their friends and picking on you is so damn easy. It's horrible, really it is.
I have so many ways of covering it up. If it's the game, usually it's accepted. It's the only thing that is accepted around my area anymore...though still "not cool". XP If I'm buying cards or books, I take my 10 year old brother with me and make it look like I'm buying it for him. XD I just don't want to relive my horrible fifth grade year. -_-;;;

Mudkip3

People like to make fun of others so they can get a laugh. Like I went to this camp, I said I liked Pokemon, they all pretended to like it, then they would laugh at it. At my school nobody cares, thank the good Lord. By the way, I am Catholic.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
All you people who say that you'd get bullied about it--why don't you just stand up for yourselves? Seriously, grow yourselves a spine!

H

Hydrostatic

I never really minded the first Kanto season of the anime. It was okay I guess because it seemed original and new. Orange Islands weren't that bad. However, starting with Johto, the anime started to suck sooo bad >_<.

HavoX

Banned
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
All you people who say that you'd get bullied about it--why don't you just stand up for yourselves? Seriously, grow yourselves a spine!
Oh, don't you worry about me... I'm big and tough enough to defend myself.

[IMGS=15]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/smilies/lol.gif[/IMGS]

L

Lovely May

I must hide my love to pokemon because I'm not 10 years old only 20 years old and people from my school will be like "WTF o_O"? if I tell them about my hobby. They don't know a lot about pokemon, they see only Ash and Pikachu, for them pokemon is for little kids.
Pokemon is my hobby and if others don't understand it, I will not tell them about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.