• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do so many serebiis think hacking is a disgraceful act?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
it's just a random bit of mechanics that the smart japs thought up (man they're geniuses arn't they?)

Ain't that the truth. I mean, they somehow managed to make the games bigger and more detailed and yet they fit in smaller and smaller cartridges every generation! How do they manage that? (Rhetorical question, I know the answer)

Casimir

Good boy.
They hack because they want to win in competitive battling without having to go through the annoying process of EV training/IV breeding.

There's not much competition when it comes to a true trainer up against someone who hacked themselves up a team of Ubers.

When it all comes down to it, though.... if these hackers were to take the time to whip up a nice, legit team and set them up against another battler, then they'll really understand what "competitive battling" is.

TrombonCosmico

Vamo' lo' pibe' loco
Well, about the trading, I don't know whats the point about that. I mean, if you hacked a great pokemon just to trade it for another one, then hack the one that you want and that's it! So, my theory is that the dudes who hack pokemons for trades just want to make people happy.

Think about it, you get an awesome or rare pokemon that you want for your awesome or rare pokemon that he/she doesn't care about.
Sure, maybe your Mew or something is from an event or shiny or who cares, but dude! you still get what you wanted in first place.
So, hacking is about giving, is about people getting great hacked and unofficial pokemons for stuff that the other guy don't really cares about.

In battles, is another thing.
If the poke seems legit, then I don't see the problem.

There is a thing, called Shoddy, that's about pokemon battles.
You don't have to train to fight in there, you just need to come up with a good team and strategy, and in a battle, predicting is a mayor part. And that folks, is skill.
Yeah, I won some battles and I losted a lot, and that's because my team sucks and im very bad predicting. But hey! im having fun, because I like to battle (and also, I like to lose) and guess what, I didn't even had to train my pokemans! How cool is that?
Yes, everyone likes to win at a game or something, and yes, hacking is not the way that the game is intended to be played, but if for some people, a game seems work, then is no fun at all.

I don't hack so I don't really know, but that's my opinion, and who cares anyways?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
too be honest I don't care about hackers, hell I hack myself too, Even though most of my legondaries are legit (mew ho-oh Darkria etc) yes I have hacked to get shaymin and the rest, just to get my pokedex compleated. I know that hacking pokemon is bad and people hate it, well all I have to say is, if you beat the game then go ahead and hack it, theres nothing else to win so you can't be blamed for "hacking just so you can win a game" plus those who go "Wez trained our ez pokeymawns to levl 100 nd u h@x0rz take de love out of ze game" (sorry if you take offence to this I was trying my best to sound like a noob) well it's a video game, woopty ficken doo how can you "love" a sprite? it's just a random bit of mechanics that the smart japs thought up (man they're geniuses arn't they?) and if you really love your pokemons, then get to the neirest hospital because there really is something wrong with you.
in conclusion I say that it's ok to hack because getting EV's up is the most boring thing ever, as long as you don't take something with 999 in each stat into a wi-fi battle it's fine with me.
(this has got to be the longest post I've made on any forum.....lol?)

Like I said, all games have rules. You can't say you've won if you've used unfair methods. Sort of like steroids in baseball.

And it's quite natural to feel affection for something that appears to have emotions, especially something that you feel responsible for. It's called projection, look it up.

blackrose

I think hacking is perfectly fina as long as you dont use the hacked pokemon on wi-fi, whether it is to battle or to trade. Hacking doesnt affect us if they use it only in-game, it doesnt affect us, if the hack stays on the hackers game its fine :) I consider hacking cheating but they are only fooling themselves.

Last edited:

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
Also, a most disgraceful act of hacking is to hack your pokemon's stats (HP, ATK etc.) just so you can 1HKO anything and everything you come across (doing this on wi-fi is the worst thing you could possibly do)

In my opinion, hacking just for the battle tower is OK. Why? Because very pokemon you encounter in the battle tower is HaXed (e.g. unusual stats, moves they can't learn). Hack right back, they deserve it.

aaronk94

Be afraid! Mwahaha!
I don't think hacking is disgraceful or anything, and I've got nothing against hackers. But I do think it is cheating, and that it takes the fun out of the game. However, though some of us can't see the fun in hacking, some people might and really, that's up to them. People wouldn't hack if they didn't get any satisfaction out of it, and in the end that is all video games are about.
But I still think that scamming people over the trade forums with hacks is very wrong.
That's what I think, at least.

Kuri

Lord Mcfatty
To be perfectly blunt, it's because this forum is full of pricks with nothing better to do than tell people how to play their video-games. As long as you don't sneak perfect, hacked Pokemon into a battle, it shouldn't be a problem.

And while life requires hard work, I'm no where near presumptious enough to assume that hacking in a video-game means someone lazes about in every aspect of life. It's not as though pouring hours into a game is a sign of tangible achievement, you know.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the people who spend hours training do so because they actually enjoy it. That is the purpose of video-games, correct? If it's not enjoyable, you shouldn't be doing it. To that extent, if someone finds that hacking makes the game more enjoyable, you have abosutely no right to be offended.

Well said, sir.

And about people training their pokemon to have perfect IVs and EVs, I don't really understand why one would get mad because others have used a cheat to make their pokemon perfect when they did it without cheats. No one is forcing you to train your pokemon and waste your time. Why does it matter? Its for your benefit, I mean you want a really good pokemon, right? Also if its time consuming, don't IV or EV train. Simple. In the end, the only thing that matters how you use your pokemon in the battle. Someone can have the perfect pokemon but if they don't know how to use them then...they can lose, even if its hacked.

Nukenin Master

0_0 --> o_o
I think it's better EV-train and IV breed Pokémons because hacking takes out the fun of the game, I don't even have an Action Replay and I don't want have one, also I clone on GTS but that's not hacking, it's a glitch.

cecil

Armed with a Mind
Everybody has the right to hack, although for me, it's kinda unfair. I don't care whether they use them for battling or trading. Battling takes different kind of skill that no glitch/trick/hack could do...IMO. Some people takes pokemon that way, some others take pokemon this way. It's their own choice, we've no right to blame them.

FYI, I don't hack though. Not even cloning...

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???
Well.. Hacking sucks.. but thats just my opinion. True, everybody can play their game the way they want, the way it was MENT to be played or the way it wasn't ment to be played, as long as it doesnt affect other ppls games. I'm absolutely p****d about hackers who hack to get some nice IV'd and fully EV'd pokemon in 2 secs, in stead or breeding and really putting effort for them. Also I hate ppl who TRADE those pokemon and say 'yeh yeh ofc its legit, I know, I caught it' and then you notice you receive a pokemon with nice IV's and you check serebii pokedex and notice.. Humm.. Every stat is perfect.. Kinda suspicious?. Yes, I'm talking about personal experience but also from many other ppl's opinion. Hackers suck if they don't keep the hacks away from stuff like GTS and WI-FI

Last edited:

hello moto

Top of the morning
In my opinion, hacking just for the battle tower is OK. Why? Because very pokemon you encounter in the battle tower is HaXed (e.g. unusual stats, moves they can't learn). Hack right back, they deserve it.

That is so right, You can only beat cheating with cheating.

Hacking, is for what i think is for people who realize that they are not good at pokemon games (but rich), for example- My friend who vs.d me with his team which were poorly trained, and i beat him. So what does he do, goes and gets Pokesav, vs.es me again, this time a close battle but i win again, what does he do?, he quits playing pokemon.

Hackers, just zoom through the game with thier perfectly 999 in every stat, missing the fun, the raising of pokemon. Yes, it does get boring after all, but you can look forward to all the, other pokemon games that comes out, to keep you occupied.

edit- the first paragraph didn't make sense at all, actually the whole thing doesn't make sense (except the quote)
Just saying, Hacking isn't for idiots but for desperate people.

Last edited:

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
They think hacking is a disgraceful act because they want to determine how everyone plays their game, and that's not right.

Honestly, if you think hacking a game for your own personal use, with not a shed of that hacking seeping into the wider community is wrong, shame on you. It's their game, it's their £50 spent, let them play their in-game how they want to, 'k? Just like you may enjoy doing all that IV/EV crap, some people would rather have a doss around, it's called preference.

ironman4541

Because so many people hack, the value of strong, rare, pokemon like mew goes down. People can say they got a legit mew in a trade, but it could be just hacked and they wouldn't know it. The day I finished the game, I immediately started to train pokemon to lv. 100. I've been working really hard on completing my national dex and getting as many lv. 100s as I can for about a year, and hackers can do it in one minute by just typing in a code.

Blazios

I'm going to start this by saying that I DON'T HACK. Even so, I don't see the reason why people get so worked up about it. People say it takes the fun out of the game, well maybe the hackers find battling more fun than training? People say it's not as rewarding when you win with hacked Pokémon, yet if the Pokémon is within legal standards (possible stats and randomised IVs), then it takes as much skill to use the hacked Pokémon as it does to use legally trained Pokémon.

hello moto said:
Hackers, just zoom through the game with thier perfectly 999 in every stat, missing the fun, the raising of pokemon.

Most common misconception there is. HACKING DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN 999 IN EVERY STAT.

And to people who say that they are lazy, I suppose they are. I know this works in both ways, but it can take half an hour to EV train something.

Amonitas said:
And AR glitches the game...

Only if done badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.