• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do we play a game? to have PHUN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchion22

This is a team of my personal favorites. conveniently, they are all capable of performing in OU play. any advice will be taken.

Kingdra@damp Rock/ Haban Berry
Swift Swim
Modest| IVs: 26/x/18/27/10/29 (I really dont want to breed anymore)
252spatk/ 160spd/ 98hp
Rain Dance
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam

1 nice opener possibility, though I do have another one. He sets up some rain, for the purpose of boosting his own speed, nulling sandstorm, and it does a few other good things for this team. I've always wanted to use a Kingdra, but due to lack of movepool and lack of competition I never did. Now I can. YAY!!!

Absol@C-scarf
Super Luck
Jolly
Evs: 252atk/ 252spd/6hp
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Stone Edge
Me First

Another lead possibility, though much more risky. Scarfed Jolly Me First can be a deathblow to many pokes if it goes through correctly. (Draco Meteor Salamence, Brick Break Weavile to name a few). The other attacks run the high CH, and Super Luck is just super. I had an absol in Sapphire once, and I loved it, so I'm bringing him back again.

Gengar@expert belt/ Wide Lens
Timid| IVs: 31/15/24/31/25/27
Evs: 252spatk/ 252spd/ 6hp
Shadow Ball
Thunder
Focus Blast
Hypnosis/ other move

Main special powerhouse, and despite being one of the most OU special sweepers, I've always loved Gengar, and finally get to use him to his full power. The set is pretty much one of the standard ones, except for Thunder, which takes nice advantage of the Rain Dance I have. Wide lens is mostly for Focus Blast and Hypnosis, but if I dont get the rain out It can help Thunder a little too.

Swampert@Leftovers
Impish
Evs:240hp/ 212def/ 56atk
EQ
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

One rule I have is that I always pick the water starter for the first run through of my game. Of course, Swampert is my favorite of the water starters, and one of the most useful pokes in the metagame. Use of EQ is obvious, and Waterfall + STAB + Rain will make Rhyperior and many others run scared. Stone Edge will allow decent Gyarados coverage, which is cool as always.

Bronzong@lefties
Levit8
Impish/ Relaxed
Evs: 252hp/ 200def/ 56spdef
EQ
Gyroball/ ?????
Rest/ ?????
Sleeptalk/ ?????

Ok so Bronzong is a bell, thats... blue. Shouldnt he be Copperong? ok bad chemistry joke. But of all the new pokes, Bronzong was one of the very few that stoodout as awesome to me. Unfortunately, I cant really see what moveset is the best for my team, so I'd like some advice there. He just has so many options... He will be my physical wall, and the Rain can remove his fire weakness, which is cool.

Snorlax@lefties
Thick Phat
Careful
EVs: 252hp/ 252spdef/ 6atk
Crunch
Body Slam
Rest
Sleeptalk

SNOOOOOOOORLAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!!! This guy is funky, so naturally, I want one. No EQ here, as Rhyperior, T-Tar and others will be dealt with by other teammates. This guy is gonna be my special wall, so I may as well target the special attackers. Crunch is there for that reason, to take out Azelf, Gengar and the occasional alakazam. Body Slam +STAB + 30% paralysis is a nice thing for crippling other sweepers.

now... the threat list!!!

Salamence: Bronzong???
Tyranitar: Swampert, Kingdra?, Bronzong
Metagross: Swampert, Bronzong
Dragonite: Swampert, Bronnzong, Kingdra?
Heracross: Um... right....
Zapdos: Swampert, Snorlax, Kingdra
Gyarados: Swampert
Garchomp: uh...
Starmie: Kingdra
Alakazam: Snorlax, Bronzong
Gengar: Snorlax, Bronzong
Weavile: Bronzong
Dugtrio: Revenge kill snorlax, good luck with everything else.
Manaphy: Snorlax?
Celebi: Kingdra, Absol, Bronzong, Snorlax, Swampert, sometimes Gengar
Blissey: Bronzong, Snorlax, Swampert
Gliscor: Bronzong, Swampert, Kingdra
Rhyperior: Swampert, Kingdra?, Bronzong wall
Jirachi: Swampert, Bronzong
Electivire: Swampert, Bronzong
Hippowdon: Swampert, B-Zong
Suicune: snorlax????
Raikou: Bronzong
Snorlax: Bronzong, Swampert
Skarmory: Gengar
Azelf: Snorlax
Mesprit: Snorlax
Cresseria: Snorlax
Heatran: Swampert
Lucario: Bronzong, Swampert
Infernape: Kingdra, possibly swampert
Staraptor: Zong
Swampert: see why I use this guy? really hard to counter.
Milotic: um... Swampert?
Sceptile: Bronzong, Snorlax
Rampardos: Bronzong, Swampert

Looks like a solid setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.