• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you keep watching the anime?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
;249; Ok so no cynicism, no sarcasm, no bashing, no hate, nothing bad, just a simple question:

Why do you keep watching the main anime?

Sorry if this topic has already been done, and if I posted it in the wrong area.

Me I don't really watch the anime anymore, and even then when I do its out of boredom and yet I am more than willing to read whats going on in the show online, and I like to look at the episode pictures here on Serebii.

I am not sure why, maybe I am hoping for some major changes, or maybe my inner child refuses to truly give up on it, I don't know.

What about you guys and gals? ;249-d;

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I watch it for other characters than Ash and Team Rocket because they seem more interesting and actually have more potential. It's too bad that Ash's main character status holds them back (and Team Rocket) since both take up way too much screentime in a series for the other characters to get proper screentime and development.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
(We just had a thread about this a few months ago, back in August.)

I have a feeling I'm going to be in the minority here, but I actually watch the show primarily for Ash—for himself as a character, but also for his journey and for the people and Pokémon he meets along the way. Ash has always been my favorite character, even back when I was a child and he was a grand fool in OS, and so I've become emotionally invested in him and his journey.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I watch the anime for the big moments like Gym battles, League matches, Contests, Showcases and Trials and key episodes like captures so I in some way refresh my mind so that I can get what's going on or for nostalgia. Other times I just watch the episodes in order because I would feel a better sense of progression and have a better feel of what's going on or just to binge watch episodes.

DatsRight

I admit I have often been tempted to quit due to formula and apathy to the usual competitions and TR/villain plots, but there's something about a lot of the characters that's so endearing, and often a series adds SOMETHING new that holds it up at least for a fair while.

SM in particular has a lot of character appeal and has heavily downplayed a lot of the more repetitive elements. It's one series I adore Ash's character and despite the monotony of TR's formula these days, I could just never hate them as characters. Most of the Pokemon are rather likeable this series as well.

Xuxuba

To be honest i kind of gave up on it recently, but i used to watch it for the few similarities with the games since i adore most of them, the big competitions like Contests and Leagues and also the PokeGirls' development.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I mainly watch this show in the hopes of someday getting closure with my childhood by witnessing my first anime hero finally attain his dream. As a consequence my main concern when watching this show is Ash’s character and skill progression. I also enjoy seeing my favoirte Pokémon animated as well as seeing animated Pokémon battles. There are plenty of other aspects of the show (e.g. Companions, world building of the Pokeverse, moral lessons of self-betterment and perseverance etc..) that I enjoy; however, those are mainly just “bonuses” for me. If it becomes apparent that the writers no longer have any intention of letting Ash progress further towards his goal (I’m giving them till gen 8) then I will cease having a continuous investment in the anime and will only check-up on it from time to time in order to see my favorite Pokémon animated and watch epicly animated battles.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Two words: drinking game

The anime is such a run down collection of gags and tropes that I've given myself over to the water. Seriously, every gag in BW, every stock audio in XY, and every slapstick in SM make an amazing game.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I mainly watch it for the interactions between the main characters and the Pokemon plus it's a lighthearted show which is good for me to kill some time.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Because I love and am still entertained by the anime. The characters, mainly Ash and Pikachu, are the drive to this show and I love watching their adventures and conflicts. Simple as that. This thread existed before.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I mainly watch it for the interactions between the main characters and the Pokemon plus it's a lighthearted show which is good for me to kill some time.

Pretty much this. And I only watch non-filler episodes, though.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I keep watching the anime for the same reasons I always did, to see Ash's progression in his journey to become a Pokemon Master and because I love the concept of the show as a whole.

VoltTacklingPika

Because there's no other show on the market that does the whole magical pets thing as well as Pokemon does. With the games still limited in their expression, the anime brings those lovable creatures to life in a way you just don't see anywhere else.

Doubly so with SM, which has ramped up the expression and craziness to an extent that it got me following the show on a weekly basis again. I probably would have never got back into it had it not changed the way it did.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I keep watching the Anime to see if Ash ever fulfills his promise of returning for his Pidgeot. I'm still holding out hope after all these years.

Pretty much what Genaller said and basically once you get in, its hard to leave. Nostalgia keep you in.

I honestly hate the anime right now, but anyone saying " Then you should quit, that's always an option " is a blowhard.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I keep watching the Anime to see if Ash ever fulfills his promise of returning for his Pidgeot. I'm still holding out hope after all these years.
Oh dear Arceus!! I'm dying! :p:p

Pretty much what Genaller said and basically once you get in, its hard to leave. Nostalgia keep you in.

I honestly hate the anime right now, but anyone saying " Then you should quit, that's always an option " is a blowhard.
Well it's true. No one but yourself is forcing you to watch something you hate. No different from those TTG people who whine and complain about the show yet hate watches it just to complain how stupid it is. You probably don't want (or is fine to) admit that you have a soft spot for this anime seeing that you grew up with it and enjoyed the previous saga. There's only so much nostalgia can do. I remember back in the DP days, I temporarily stopped watching for a few months since I wasn't enjoying DP and sure I'll catch up on a few episodes and eventually went back to watching it but man was I overjoyed (but sad at the same time despite my past feelings) when it ended and started a new saga.

A lot of people don't want to hear you complain and whine over something for only so long when you yourself aren't doing anything to solve your predicament which is why blowhards tell you to that quitting is an option.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Mainly to see my fav Pokemon brought to life

Now that I think about it, that might be a big reason why I'm so fond XY - all four of my joint no.1 mons (Squirtle, Blastoise, Luxray, Greninja) got pretty nice showings