• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you keep watching the anime?

Slapstick-Olivia

For me personally it is to meet at least one new favorite character or Pokémon I can add to my list. I noticed that in all anime series besides XY I actually could find one character that I really liked and wanted to see more of them. In the original series it was Ash, Misty, Team Rocket, Ekans and Koffing, in Advance Generation it was May, Team Aqua and Brawly, in DP it was Dawn, in Best Wishes it was Iris and in Sun and Moon I found my new favorite character in Olivia.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Because I'm still the 5-year-old inside who first watched it. I just love it unironically.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Honestly, I still like the anime. I like the animation and the action throws me for a loop. It doesn't really matter what season I'm watching. I really love to watch what this series has to offer.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I continue to watch the anime because it helps me feel immersed in the current generation. Getting to see the characters and Pokemon I've seen in game are now more lively in the show.

Minuy600

Eon Fan
Why does it feel embarassing?

Excuse me for the late response, but everyone around me except for close friends with similar childhood interests thinks it's laughably childish. My parents also love to act silly when I watch 'kids' shows, randomly mimicking stuff or thinking they amuse me by giving me boring childish things as presents.

Not to mention the Dutch dub barely does it's best to sound fun for anyone without much knowledge anymore. If I wasn't so shaky on illegal services to watch anime and I wasn't so nostalgic for this version, I would've jumped ship long ago.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Not to mention the Dutch dub barely does it's best to sound fun for anyone without much knowledge anymore.
It's surprising you say this because @Sceptile Leaf Blade seems to really like it from what I can tell from the episode threads.

Minuy600

Eon Fan
Oh, the first 4 generations are really solid in my book. It's more so the newer episodes that fall a bit flat. The jokes are questionable, Ash's dialogue is basically just the battles and 'wow how rad!' and they're running out of proper voice actors for the new characters. For example, after Meowth's second VA quit in season 15, he since is voiced by the same guy who does Brock. He does his best to sound like his two predeccesors (or 3 if you count movie 4-7), but it's hard to tell them apart.

Tl;dr It lacks a touch of the old soul it had.