• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do YOU like Pokémon?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Why do YOU like Pokémon?

Title says it all. Created this thread because I'm pretty sure the old one died out.

Anyway, I like Pokémon because of the strategy invlved, the story (which is IMO very good in basically all games), character/Pokémon design, and just on how prettyful the art, landscape and areas of the games/anime/manga are.

NOTE: as side discussion, also include why people would play it, so as this thread can be merged easily with similar threads.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
I like these little cute monsters that can even change through time and that can have various attacks to their disposal, I like the strategy, the graphics from the different areas, the harmony between Nature and the people from the games, the freedom that is given the player to build his/her own pokemon team,....

I think before starting to play pokemon I played a similar one with dinossaurs that you also used for fighting against other wild dinossaurs, which I also loved

Last edited:

Ditto B1tch

Because they're cute and fun, so I enjoy myself for hours and even when I am not playing any game I'm still thinking on Pokemons. They stole my attention like anyone/anything else did before.

Last edited:

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
The Pokemon are all sorts of cute,interesting, and awesome critters. They have lots of fun things to in the games and the characters are pretty cool. I don't think we ever had characters people hated to death. The battles are fun and the moves really fascinate me.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It's one of the better JRPGs out there, and has a consistent quality in its games. The environments and combat are polished extraordinarily well.

You should play it if you like well-made JRPGs.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
coz its the best. i play t for the adventure of discovering new place. Pokemon does have some really original places and cities that I always surprises me. It's also heavily repayable. and also for that brilliant music.

takecare

i like animals! as a kid, ever since i saw those animal-looking creatures i went ballistic, i started watching...i saw kanto and some of johto over and over again, i knew all ep by heart! now, ALOT of years since, i still have some interest in it, just curious what new poks they make, what ash catches, battles, companions ...stuff like that!

ysmr97

It's just a fun concept. Very unique.

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Because the voices tell me to.

Not really, I just think it's a fun concept that uses a lot of imagination. The world it takes place in is also very immersive.

Cutty

Forever now
Its the pokemon and the game concept. Its a kind of rpg game that I can play over and over again without feeling bored.

I like Pokemon, because there's many different type of Pokemon to fit many different people. There's cute, cool, calm, elegant, brutal, and mysterious Pokemon. The characters are amazing and as the years go on, it gets better.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Pokemon is a simple and fun experience that appeals both to the casual and competitive communities. It's one of the best JRPGs ever made alongside with having unique critters, great landscapes and a new feel within each region. That's my two cents on why I like the Games/Anime/Manga known as Pocket Monsters.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
i like pokemon because it's a RPG that people of all ages can ralk about, and that there are different kinds of pokemon to reflect on people's personalities and preferences. It also gives something to be competetive about, if you aren't usually.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Because I played it since I was a little kid and it's like a childhood memory... Plus Pokemon are cool.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
It's just a lot of fun. Also, there are so many pokemon to choose from, you can play through the games as many times as you want and it will feel like a new and different experience every time (which can't be said about a lot of games).