• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do YOU like Pokémon?

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
The thing I love the most about Pokémon is he variety of creatures you can find. In fact, I have all Pokémon (except event-only) in every game of mine, because I love how it feels to complete the Pokédex

zebbystrika

PokeMaster
I love pokemon because i spent my childhood with them. It started out in first grade when I was watching my best friend, Kyle, playing pokemon on his gameboy. I tried it, and it was the best thing I had ever played. That summer, i watched the anime every chance i got, and stocked up on pokemon cards. I got a gameboy that Christmas with pokemon silver version, and I played it all the time. I appreciate all of my pokemon from every game, and made a mistake using an action replay on diamond; i had to erase my file. Pokemon are and will always will be my best friends, and after all these years, I've been striving to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Cressy

Pokémon has been in my life for at least 11 years. So a lot of fond memories with it. And i just love the concept of it. It may have its ups and downs but thats what makes it great :3 and i enjoy being able to interact with other players over wifi like we can

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
The feeling is what got to me as a child. Starting as a boy, in a small city. You get your Pokémon, and go ahead, discovering the good and bad of the world, only you and your partners. You become stronger, with your Pokémon friends. You choose your team, from the wide variety of Pokémon at your disposal, and win with them by your side. And, just like that, you see te entirety of the world, you face it's hardships and become a master. That feeling of progression. The feeling that you get of "growing up", alongside your Pokémon. Overall, the feeling of the games is what makes them so magical to me. From a young boy with little understanding about the world and Pokémon to a Pokémon master, that journey is forever engraved in my memory.
While I was typing this, I realized that the reasons why I like Pokémon are pretty similar to the reasons of why I like Earthbound. Go figure...

Nyrholnen

rpg, pokemon is the best rpg ever.

grayfoxz

Well I got into pokemon from the blue version here in europe, have owned every game (rpg) since, watched the anime.... basicly I grew up with it.

Besides that, I find the world and stories facinating. The fact of going on an adventure, discovering new lands and creatures, the myths surrounding the legendary pokemon.
Dunno, I like the charm it all has, game and anime alike. :D

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I play for the adventuring aspect.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Been there since the start and the games are still fun, I don't think I'll be dropping out anytime soon despite being in my early 20s.

It's a cool and creative concept, the designs are great and imaginative. The best part though is the battle system was tight and slick and still is. I haven't been able to pick up any other typical RPGs like Final Fantasy.

XxVascoxX

The mechanics, competitive area and more importantly the myths, fan theories and the history of the pokmon world
Basically i play each gen in order to complete a new story and see more content in terms of pokemon history.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I don't know exactly what attracted me to pokemon. I started watching the anime and I loved it within 5 minutes. As for the games, the first game I got was Pokemon Yellow, just because Pikachu was the mascot (I just loved Pikachu) and slowly fell in love with the games from that point on.

I did have people make fun of me (The anime came out when I was in high school, bought my first game as an adult) but for the first time in my life, I didn't care what other people thought.

grayfoxz

I did have people make fun of me (The anime came out when I was in high school, bought my first game as an adult) but for the first time in my life, I didn't care what other people thought.

Yeah same here, At school people were allway looking at me in a weird way whenever I was playing on my gba or on my ds. But I didn't care. I knew better. And now at work... well, I plain just don't care :p

Bananarama

The light is coming
I have enjoyed the Games and Anime for quite a while now, and I just like the collectability of the Pokemon. I also have a thing for battles, but not competitive.

Starsurfer

Pokemon Idol
I love Pokemon for the adventure and Mythos in the games. I love the idea of going on an adventure, seeing new places, discovering new creatures, and facing new challenges with the Pokemon you befriend. I also love learning about the various legends of the region, and how they incorporate the deity-like legendary Pokemon into them.

Overall, it's just a whole lot of fun and the fact that I grew up with it just makes me love it even more :)

I have liked pokemon since i was two years old, i am now fourteen. it started when my brother who was six at the time was stuck on the seafoam islands on pokemon red and he handed the game to me. i could (belive it or not) read around 90% at the time. I tried teleporting with his kadabra but it failed being a cave. by dumb luck i fell though the right boulder leading to articuno. when i saw my brother happy face when he saw i got to it, it inspired me to play pokemon. I was waking up as early as six to watch pokemon after this happened. now i am a pokemon encylcopedia and there not one day when i don't think about pokemon. i have brought pokemon games from game boy colour to nintendo 3ds and I have never been disappointed in it and hopefully never will be :)

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Pokémon is simply amazing. The whole concept, the RPG aspect is perfectly balanced and it's all beautifully done. Been with Pokémon since 1999 and haven't stopped loving it since.

Trainer Eric

Going back to 99 when I was 10, first RPG I played, first anime I saw, first video game I owned... you know how it is with 'first' stuff, just alot of feels there. Before Pokemon came along the biggest thing around was Power Rangers. But it had dragged on for so long everyone was ready for something new. And Pokemon really was something new! But the biggest reason I like Pokemon would have to come from an artistic point of view, the artwork, the designs (not anime specifically). I would draw them all the time. That's what I really liked.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
Come on. Any game that features leaving the house at ten to forcefully capture and enslave monsters to fight against each other in ruthless and intense battles is my kind of game!
Nah, but seriously. I'm not sure what really caught my eye as a child to become completely in love with Pokemon (Let my say I was really REALLY obsessed as a kid). Perhaps it was the Pokemon themselves. I'm a huge fan of the giant monster franchise (Particularly Godzilla), and I've always thought that monsters and creatures were just cool. Besides, I want to be a Killer Whale trainer when I'm old enough. Training is in my BLOOD.

I love Pokemon, SON.