• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you like pokemon

FlashCannon

I Love Miltank!!
Because of Ash.

I Love him ( no homo)

(Okay,Homo)

We were visiting some family friends, whose son was several years older than me (I was about five or six), and he showed me his pokemon cards. He and his sister had collected every pokemon from 1-150. He gave me a few that he had doubles of, and for weeks (maybe months) I'd just examine them. Eventually I decided to ask for a gameboy color, which I got for Christmas when I was seven, along with pokemon yellow and crystal.

Oh yeah, and at the time I also watched the anime, but around the end of the Johto seasons, I got bored of it and went back to the cards and games. Now I only play the games, but I still have a binder stuffed with pokemon cards.

I Am Become Death

Sinnoh League Champ
Cause its one of the three original top selling Nintendo series. The other two being Mario stuff and Legend of Zelda. Its one of the funnest RPG games ever created, and its so addicting. I tried quitting it but I couldnt stop myself from wanting to play it. lol. So I'm back in it again.

Sh1ny_Scizor

Rare Pokémon Trainer
Well it introduced me to something new. And yeah all the pokemons were creative and had catchy names (something which sadly do not remain in todays generations). It also gave you the feeling that everyone could be a pokemon trainer, and let you dream of another world you yourself wished you lived inn. It was simply brilliant.

Well, Red, Blue, and Yellow were some of my first games (I don't know how I got them, my parents weren't big into buying me videogames)... and that started my love for videogames...
Then Gold and Silver came around... I got Silver the day it came out, went to school the next day, and every other guy was jealous (some girls were too) because I had it and they didn't... Got Gold for Christmas, and then then I entered a hiatus... Never got Crystal, don't know why...
Ruby and Sapphire showed up and I didn't really have any interest by then... until they started talking about FireRed and LeafGreen and Emerald... Somehow that brought me back into the games... Got two Emeralds and FR and LG... they never had ruby or sapphire around when i went in, so i decided to get two emeralds... now they have Sapphire again, it's like they are mocking me...
And now we're to the present Generation... I got Diamond, I don't know, a few months after it came out, got Pearl shortly after that, and got Platinum a week after it came out... Now I'm waiting for SoulSilver and HeartGold to come out...

So, I guess I like Pokemon because it is one of the few things from my childhood I enjoyed that I still can... if only I could stay up 'til four in the morning and wake up and six and feel completely rested... It's also consistent for the most part... And I just really enjoy it... (Wow, that was a really long explanation)...

Innocent Squirtle

i got into pokemon b/c most of my classmates in 4th grade own a copy of the game.

but i did like pokemon for the unique creatures they designed. I always put they in three categories according to design basis: animal, plant, and abstract. the first two are obvious but abstract has to do with ideas, for pokemon that do not borrow their design from any particular living being, like wobbuffet,gardevoir, alakazam, weezing, brozong, snorunt, nosepass, and so much more. that's wht makes dem awesome.

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
I've loved the show and the cards since the begining. For my 10th brithday my mom bought me Fire Red for my birthday, because they didn't have the game I wanted and my brother picked that one out, because he knew I loved the show.

I've been hooked since.

Why? Well, I have no idea. I'm not the girl who is into violence and fighting and what-not... But ever since I was small, I LOVED collecting things. The Pokemon Cards for one, but the games... You can collect Pokemon. My boxes were full and I loved all of the Pokemon in there. I loved getting all different kinds of them and then giving them cute nicknames.

Then, with the introduction of the 4th Generation, there was Wifi. There was chaining. Now, you could EV train Pokemon and battle other people. Suddenly, I got into collecting events. Hundreds of events exsist, and I have almost 200, and I'm no where near close to having them all.

I think it's the fact that Pokemon has no end. The game could go on forever, and you wouldn't run out of things to do.

Qwizmaster

Pokemon Trainer
the games are fun... don't like the anime as much as i used to

BOYA! :D

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
they're fun and addicting, (i've been playing since RBY when i was 6, and i'm still playing...) XD

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I like pokemon because it represents a positive struggle. As a show, pokemon (at least the earlier ones) was constituted of good morals and teaching reward from sacrifice. As a game, it has always emphasized strategy and freedom to choose equally. All in all pokemon is cleverly comprised of deep meaning with a cute demeanor.

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
I basically like it because of my sister she is the person who got me into it.

It's so awesome!!!

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
I like it because it reminds me of dog fighting (Pokemon battles) and universal health care (pokemon centers). Those are my two favorite things in the world!

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
I like the monster designs. Sugimoro does great work (wish I had his drawing talent). The fact that some many are based on wildlife is a def. plus as I've always loved animals and just this year began pursuing enviromental studies as my major.
Of course this means I have less free time to play of discuss the games, which may explain how in 2 years I still haven't completed Diamond's pokedex but such is the price of growing older. [Strike]But if my little bro texts me once more to boast abt HIS vacation I will pop him one.[/Strike]

squirtle_123

Well when i was six, my Aunt Francis bought me a gameboy and pokemon red version. It took me only a couple hours and i was hooked. I guess you could say hook lined and sunk. From that moment i was way into pokemon and it hasn't stopped yet. I was into the cards (until johto) and ito the show (until hoen). I got gold and silver the christmas they came out and loved it. I got crystal but didn't play. Same almost for ruby and saphire. Fire red and leaf green sparked life back into pokemon for me and i have been into it ever since. I got emrald and loved it. That was the only game i had level 100's in the third gen. The fourth gen came out and i love diamond, pearl and platinum. So i guess it been ten years since pokemon came into my life. What an amazing ten years it has been....

bleachaddict

Death God
A friend of mine bought one and at the time I didn't care. After a while I got envious and bought one for myself ever since then I've been hooked.