• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do YOU play Pokemon?

DawnRevo

Princess of Doom
Other than, "Because it's fun", or, "It it gives me something to do".

I play Pokemon to escape the all the stress in my life and to befriend all Pokemon.

How about you?

blackrose

i play pokemon because it is the best damn show ever and i want to keep them alive, plus its fun :p

I picked up a game and played it. I've been hooked ever since. No real reason. It's just a good time waster.

DawnRevo

Princess of Doom
Haha. Those are good reasons, I guess.
I don't really care much for the anime, mainly because I don't have Cartoon Network, and it's be weird if one of my friends caught me watching it. I'm a 15-year-old girl! LOL!

And also, good for you for trying to keep the franchise alive! I'm sure Pokemon will continue to grow over the next few...say... decades? Haha.

mangaeyes

*New pokemon/evolutions
*New region
*New story
*New features
*For fun
*Because they are hard to fully complete
*Good wifi activities with other players

Z-Byte

Dr. Matt
OCD, mostly. I'm compelled to catch 'em all.

But I also like looking through the games and finding all the little flavor-texts and things that they put in. I'm not really interested in the game's stories, because I can use the attitudes of my Pokemon and the information from the Pokedex to create my own. It's the easiest medium for me to write off of, as there can be so much drama and action in a story that involves sentient creatures and the trainers who work with them to accomplish goals.

That, and each new series has a new set of Pokemon that I like. I started off falling in love with the game ever since I saw a picture of Charmander in a Nintendo Power, and haven't looked back since. If I get bored with a game, I simply find a new way to play it. Tired of battling? Train for some contests! Tired of contests? Put my Pokemon on the Wii Ranch and see how they interact with the other legendaries.

Tired of all of it? Start a new game and write a day-by-day story based on the whole adventure from the eyes of the trainer himself, seeing how I'd 'play' myself if I were in the game. I find it makes getting more than six Pokemon difficult, because after I look at the natures and traits of the Pokemon and put them into my story in some defining way (such as having my Piplup jump into the nearest fight he can get his flippers on, or having my Machop, who likes to clown around, juggle the stones he breaks off of a boulder after Rock Smash to the delight of his 'adoring' fans), I get attached to them.

It must be how Ash felt, I suppose... but playing it like that has certainly given me a new way of looking at the game.

Last edited:
I play my Emerald Version because I love the graphics and the Battle Frontier. I absolutely love the Battle Frontier, even though I never was able to earn a Gold Symbol as of now. I play my Pearl Version because I love the GTS, as every time I trade, I have a better chance at the lottery, and I get to see where the person I traded with was located.

Jirachi_Star

Fiddlesticks!
Well it's not only fun. It's challenging for the player. ;)

I guess cause I'm hooked to it since I got Blue.

Last edited:

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I've always been fascinated by cute (and sometimes not-so-cute) creatures with magical power. They may just be data, and I'm aware of that, but at the same time, I can't help but feel a twinge of pride when my team takes out the Champion.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I've always been fascinated by cute (and sometimes not-so-cute) creatures with magical power. They may just be data, and I'm aware of that, but at the same time, I can't help but feel a twinge of pride when my team takes out the Champion.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
When I first heard about it I thought it was really interesting. Now I play for fun and to complete the pokedex of course. The new pokemon add to it as well and evolutions and stuff, but the main reason for me is because it's fun.

Jason-Kun

I playit cause it's fun. It's like going on an adventure. I know it may sound silly but too me my pokeon aren't just pixels, they're my friends.

Jason-Kun

I playit cause it's fun. It's like going on an adventure. I know it may sound silly but too me my pokeon aren't just pixels, they're my friends.