• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you still play PBR?

Jakeyjake100

Nooby Trainer
Well, this game is roughly 4 years old now, and I'm sure alot of us still play. I still play because customizable trainers is AMAZING in my opinion. Theres also the fact that there is random online matches. Which no other (4th gen) Pokemon Games do.
So, why do you play?

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
i still play for the reasons as you do i like facing random people even though i would like to at least be able to communicate with them and i love raising my pokemon and seeing if i did a good job and plus there in 3d its awesome

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I also appreciate the customizable characters, but I mostly play Pokemon Battle Revolution because of the attention to detail. I really like the graphics, so I usually play it when I'm in the mood for something visually pleasant. I also have a lot of memories from playing this game, so I often play for nostalgic purposes.

Antar

Researcher
The customizable characters and the ability to actually see the pokemon interacting on the screen.

I'm moving away from PBR because it's gotten so hard to find people to battle, but every time I edit a battle to upload to my Youtube channel, I find it so striking how much more compelling PBR battles are to watch than B&W battles.

Accelgor

METAGROSS SMASH!
The graphics.

Shadow XD001

I mostly play when two of my friends are over (it could just be one of them) because we do Tournament on PBR and like you guys said, the graphics are better than the 4th Generation games, so it's more fun that way.

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
I'm still playing PBR because I love the graphics and the animations (well, not all animations), also because I can get many prizes like TM's or various items for my past games. I think I will stop playing it when I get all the Trainer Cards, so that means I will still be playing for a long time because I don't have Wi-Fi, so I can't get Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza cards.

SapphireMemories

Michief Maker.
The graphics are a big positive towards me playing PBR still but it's mainly due to the fact that there are so many different ways of battling in Battle Revolution.

I stopped ever since the good trainers stopped appearing for me on Random Wi-Fi. A.K.A. the time around Black/White's release.

Spyro1999

I play because when I get bored I'll start playing it :p but fun game and cool how we can customize or trainer card and all of that stuff.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
I won't be buying 5th generation games, and it doesn't have the ridiculous network security constraints or friend code issues of the 4th Gen DS games.

manaphy72

definitly the graphics! I hope that they come out with a Pokemon Battle Revolution for
the 5th generation as well as the 6th, If that ever comes out. Also I believe that people still play Pokemon battle revolution because of it actually showing the pokemon doing the moves. I mean the game shows the move being done but the pokemon itself
isnt actually doing it.

Example is the move cut. It doesnt show the pokemon running up and cutting the pokemon.

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
because i still like it...and i still have yet to beat the 100 man survival battle in courtyard colosseum...

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Because it's the latest Pokemon Stadium like game out right now. It's the only game where I can see full models of Pokemon.

That and it's actually somewhat intelligent (the A.I., I mean). And I can dress-up/create my own character? Man. So good. haha