• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you still play Pokemon?

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
Because when people ask you "Do you seriously still play Pokemon?" and you say yes, they suddenly stop badmouthing it. And besides, there's always more to do, and more to master.

lol I did that to my friend the other day. He was jokin at the fact that his 16 year old brother has bought HG/SS I can't remember which, and I said yea so have I, so what? And he shut up XD

landon9991

Trainer
because its the best game EVER also im 13 and i hate it that my friends call me sad because i like pokemon and i say its not just for kids its for adults/teenagers to and then they call adults sad i hate them SO MUCH

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I've played Pokémon in 10 years and I'm still not getting tired of it. It's a huge part of my life now and I don't think I'll ever quit. I don't care if the series end at the 5th gen, which I really doubt, I will keep playing these games to remind me of the good old days.

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
well, the thing is, why NOT play pokemon? its a fun, addictive game. :)

I still play pokemon because I carry many memories from my childhood that involves it. I started watching and playing pokemon when I was 10 back in 1998. From there on my first version was blue, second was yellow, then finally red. I remember having both good and bad experiences with the game such as not being able to pass a checkpoint because a guard was thirsty, then finally realizing what to do. I also remember finally defeating lance and then blue/green after so many tries.

When the year 2000 came, I remember seeing box art for pokemon gold and silver for the first time in a k-mart booklett and was really excited about it. I didn't have the money to buy gold on its release date, but managed to buy it a month later after saving up. God knows how many times I replayed that game. A few months later I ended up getting silver for free from a friend, then a year later when crystal came out, I didn't plan on getting it. I got it a week and a half after my birthday, because what I originally planned to get was out of stock. I would keep going but you guys get the point. I play pokemon because I "grew up" with it. From the show and games to the tunes from both, I guess it is what keeps me going...

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Because it's hella tight. Nuff said.

And it's up there with Mario as the second-largest gaming franchise ever produced.

Ryze

----
I still play because I learn something new about it every time I play it.

When I first played R/B/Y I was just a little kid who didn't know how to play the darn game and eventually found the Missingo Trick and cheated my way up. I still enjoyed it, but let's face it, I was an idiot about how it all worked.

G/S/C made me learn about basic strategy, soon developing a team ( although it consisted of two legendaries but..hey I was 10 so sue me)

R/S/E taught me how well moves work together, what pokemon were good for what and my strategy evolved to an Advanced-Basic level. Plus this is where my love of specific types came into play instead of just the most powerful (Also Coliseum did that too, as it made me love Bug pokemon for life)

D/P/Pt opened me up to more advanced ideas, strategies, and semi-competitive play. Now I understand Game Mechanics well, from Ev's, Iv's, what Nature's do and many other things. And now since I realize that there's a huge competitive field out here, it'll just make me want to keep playing it to see what changes...although I'm not any good at battles (still feels like a noob >.<)

I think I'll be playing this until I'm old and develop arthritis, and even then I'll be playing with my teeth or something

This actually perfectly describes how i experienced every pokemon game haha

Orion

Psychic Master
I'm 24 and started to play pokemon when I was on 7th grade. So by now, it's just natural, if there's is a new pokemon game, I have to buy and play it, it is a must. But unlike back then, I play the game only once. Once is completed, I put it back on the case, and I don't play it anymore, since, I have never met another Pokemon gamer ever.

But, I'm starting to get tired of the trainers on the games. Lately, the trainers have really low level pokemon and use usually the same pokemon over and over again.