• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you still play Pokemon?

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I still play it because Pokemon happens to be one of the first (probably the first) game series that I have really gotten into. Also, its the best rpg game that I have played. I expect to continue playing Pokemon for a while.

Ivysaurus

ONYXceptable
It's a great RPG, there's a good chance you can find a Pokemon you really like, and being introduced to it as a kid really got me hooked, other than that I'd tell you that it's just awesome

FireKero!

SWABLR
Nothing else better to do. It's an iight game anyways. I play on and off, and it never really gets repetitive.

kinshara

Aero Head
1st im like attracted to the game then get bored with it so i stop playing but then like 1day later i wanna play bad!

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Simply put. It's because it's FUN.

I mean. I can go back and play Green all the way to SoulSilver and never get bored. It's a fun, simple game that just has a fun little niche that keeps you playing. I like catching the same 493 Pokemon all over again. It's just so FUN.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Because it's fun, as simple as that.

Jerre

Gogoat!
Since i started playing Red, it's a great RPG and one of my fav series. Because it's fun catching Pokémon and raising/trading them.

I enjoy the gameplay and the Pokemon themselves, and with Bionicle (another franchise I like as much as Pokemon) cancelled, it's pretty much all I have left. :mad:
Uh...Bionicle is not actually cancelled. The comic said the story would end, but it...didn't. (Lego is still making Bionicle sets, BTW.) Bionicle and Pokemon have interestingly similar success stories though (see below), and I like them both.

I still play Pokémon because it has become a part of me. Playing it from Red Version hooked me to the series. It was a fad, and I stuck with it. I'll be playing it the rest of my life.
Wow. It looks like I'm Mr. Disagree today. Though it has often been labeled a fad, Pokemon is not a fad. The simple fact that people kept buying the games proves that it was more than just a fad or a craze. It started out with phenomenal success, but it has now settled into a long term popularity.

So I guess I'm still playing Pokemon... because I just love it! 8D Always have, always will. It actually also helped me learn to read as a kid (I pretty much taught myself and a lot of that is thanks to this game). ;026;
That's cool! The Pokemon TCG was a major reason my youngest brother wanted to learn to read.

Okay, now to give my reasons:

First and foremost: Quality. These games are exceedingly well made. They are not too complex to understand, but at the same time they do have quite a lot of depth.

Second: Morality. I'm not condemning those who like M-rated games, but Pokemon is good for everyone. Children will not be learning bad words or how to drive viciously. Some people can complain about animal cruelty all they want. Pokemon is not about cruelty to animals. It's not gory even when some nature documentaries are understandably gory.

Both of these are areas where Nintendo excels.

EmzStar

Relax, take it easy!
I still play pokemon because, from that moment I unwrapped Ruby at Christmas when I was a little kid and saw Groudon on the front, I was hooked.
Great storylines, great art, great music, great.....well, everything!

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
I play for a lot of reasons.

For one thing, definitely the nostalgia. I mean, I have played Pokemon since I was a very young kid. My first Pokemon game was Gold, and when I bought it, I was so addicted to it that for a very long time I ignored all of my other games just to pay attention to my gold. Then I managed to get Silver and Crystal, which totally stole my heart away.

Another thing, Pokemon is addictive as hell. I would like to see someone who actually enjoyed the games just give it up. It's almost like a person and his drugs. He can give them up, but it feels different and most of the time you have cravings and just aren't happy. I don't much care for RPG's, but Pokemon I am more than happy to play.

Another thing is the fact that when I was little, I wanted to create a perfect team and have battles with all kinds of people. I couldn't due to the whole Game Link Cable deal, but now that we have Wi-Fi, I'm pretty much ready to fight anyone I choose.

There are all kinds of reasons, those are just some of the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Probably nostalgia thanks to growing up with the series. I feel like I have to play the newest game for whatever reason and it's almost always fun the first time around. It gets boring pretty quickly though and I usually always head to something better in the end, but I just can't drop this series.

It's like a leech I can't shake off.

FEEPtheFlareon

Crazy but not insane
I love rpgs and it's still a good rpg. Of course, after the story is finished, it's kinda boring, but I grew up on pokemon and was my first rpg.

WhereIsMyWonderland

Poison Master
I play for a lot of reasons.

For one thing, definitely the nostalgia. I mean, I have played Pokemon since I was a very young kid. My first Pokemon game was Gold, and when I bought it, I was so addicted to it that for a very long time I ignored all of my other games just to pay attention to my gold. Then I managed to get Silver and Crystal, which totally stole my heart away.

Another thing, Pokemon is addictive as hell. I would like to see someone who actually enjoyed the games just give it up. It's almost like a person and his drugs. He can give them up, but it feels different and most of the time you have cravings and just aren't happy. I don't much care for RPG's, but Pokemon I am more than happy to play.

Another thing is the fact that when I was little, I wanted to create a perfect team and have battles with all kinds of people. I couldn't due to the whole Game Link Cable deal, but now that we have Wi-Fi, I'm pretty much ready to fight anyone I choose.

There are all kinds of reasons, those are just some of the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
:\ Not a whole lot of things to say after that.. It pretty much sums it up. Except that I can't see myself ever stopping from playing these games. I love them too much.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
Because i find it simply awesome ;)

People may think i'm weird because i've stuck loyally to Pokémon since i was 6, and i'm now 17. I'm never going to grow out of it. It's what gives me my art and writing inspiration and its just a plain good rpg. (I only have 2 games that aren't Pokémon- Yu-Gi-Oh and Spyro XD)

And i love the tcg too, there's always something new and it's fun to play.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
For me, Im at that age that everyone is like "Wow you still play pokémon" And Im like yeah! To be honest, And I suppose as Ive got older I have got more Hooked. I will be once again hooked when HG/SS comes out, and will again when the 5th gen does! Although for me

RichRI322

Because it's a damn good RPG and the only one with extremely refined game mechanics.

I still play Pokémon because it has become a part of me. Playing it from Red Version hooked me to the series. It was a fad, and I stuck with it. I'll be playing it the rest of my life.

I agree 100% with you both. Some people look at it as childish, but it really isn't. It represents growth, maturity, life and responsibility. It's an extremely addictive and fun game. I have every version of the RPG.

pokman

Resident Wanderer
Meh..
For me, to pass time.
Because its addicting.
And Its really fun making new adventures all the time.

Also a nice way to have fun with friends. ^-^

Zetawilky

Casual Trainer
i played blue version when pokemon first came out and loved it! stopped playing after crystal version(i was 11) but randomly when i was around 17 i wanted a good old fashion RPG to play so i got ruby then fire red which i played for a bit then stopped but last year i got a job at a daycare and when the kids got free play they all got out their DS's and played pokemon and for kicks i got pearl and feel in love with pokemon once again. now i cant wait for Soul Silver lol