• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you still play Pokemon?

R_N

I enjoy the gameplay, putting together six pokemon that I like and using them.
Wandering through the region is nice, too.

And there's so much variety to choose from, that I virtually never pick the same pokemon twice.

flygonabsol99

Because it never ends! You can play the game over 100 times and still have fun.there half a thousand(aproxametly)pokemon to chose from,so its endless fun. Since I love fantasy,I like pokemon a lot. Once,I tried to quit,but it lasted 5 days before i was back on it

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Because they're just genuinely fun games.

Even Ruby which disappointed me quite a bit was really fun.

I really couldn't care less about Pokemon outside of the main games anymore, but the main games themselves are totally awesome. Crystal remains among my top favorite video games ever.

Private Caboose

Enthralled
I play when I'm bored or when a new game comes out. It just makes me feel like a kid again.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
i havent stopped playing since the day Gen 1 came out in japan and i was 5 when that happened. theres just something about the games that make you not being able to stop playing them. kinda like taking ecstasy and cocaine once you get stuck into them you cant help youself.

HappyEmo

For me cuz its addicting, pokemon games are like my drugs i just cant stop. And ive ben playing since blue version came out back in the day. and now I am 20 yrs old, in the army, and still plays pokemon. But hey its a fun game, easy to beat, easy to understand, and when my company goes out to the field, its a great time waster.

Snicker

The Grinning One
Because my pokemon are my precious little babies! D':

...I'm half-kidding. XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Because Pokemon is my life

Lol in all honestly, the games are some of my favorites and I think they involve a lot of problem solving which is good for the brain. I love the characters like the Pokemon themselves as well as the rivals, gym leaders, Elite Four, etc. I think their designs are very creative and I simply enjoy them. I enjoy the thrill of exploring a new region and catching a new Pokemon.

ILOVENINTENDO234

flygon Rules!!! =D
I've been playing pokemon ever since pokemon red, when I was like 5 and now I'm 17. Idk I've always been intrigued by pokemon (the games at least) I stopped watching the show after the first Hoenn season. But the games have always kept me interested, I'm soooo excited for HG/SS though :D ;152; ;155; ;158;

uber9001

IN THE BATHROOM!
It's a great game that seems simple, but can be extremely complicated. Pokemon still has many secrets.

I play Pokemon games, because they entertain me. They're very nice strategy games in my opinion, and I also like the large variety of Pokemon, itmes, and such.

Veeri

The games are wonderful and addictively fun, no matter what age you're at, whether you're catching pokemon based on how cool they look, or trying to calculate EVs and team balance. And they only keep getting better with every new release (IMO, anyways- I know there's a lot of die-hards who still like to hold on to their original Reds and Blues).

The anime was great for all ages, up about half-way through the Johto arc. I remember my parents liking to watch it just as much as I did back then. It was still tolerable through the rest of Johto and Hoenn. Ever since Battle Frontier, it's been much more fun for elementary-age kids than any other group, and there are some episodes which are barely watchable at all. But for a long time, it appealed to as wide of a demographic as the games- I still go back and watch the older seasons every now and then.

takezo

Wandering swordsman
it is a very deep strategy game despite it's kiddy exterior, and once in awhile will slip into slightly more adult subjects such as breeding, pokemon dieing, being used as a food source. and lets face it.. arceus might as well be god >.<

Luckster

LET THE MUSIC PLAY!~
I ask myself the same question every time I pre-order a game. I have no clue....It's just fun to me, despite what people around me think.