• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you still play Pokemon?

I'm actually that a lot of people, even adults, still play the games. So I think it would be fun to know why you do it.

As for myself, it's because of all the paint chips and Febreeze Effects I've been dining on. Actually, I'm at rock bottom right now. Incredibly stressed out, and playing makes me...I don't know, like I'm in elementary again. I guess people really are happiest when they're children.

Riversong

Buggy down.
It's entertaining.

Silver_Seoul

I've honestly tried to quit multiple times. I used to view the series, like many others, as a stereotypical children's fad. But alas, I've been hooked for life. Often to the point that it's seen as unhealthy by some of my family members.

What probably hooked me is the fact that to, on the exterior, appears to be some childish game with no motives whatsoever, However, when my father had me buy a Pokemon game for my little brother, and he started having trouble with it, my father decided to try and help him out. He discovered that it isn't some kiddy game with no point to it at all.

[Not saying it's my entire life or anything, but I do enjoy the series.]

So, my father couldn't help my brother, as he found it too difficult. I explained that there's a lot more to the game than just getting Pokemon and trying to pass through every single city. I explained the mechanics, from natures and types to STAB and breeding. I covered it all, and my dad was amazed at how great this game was on the interior.

SO, what I'm trying to say, i think, is that no matter how "childish" Pokemon is/was/will be labelled, I will always view it as one of the best series ever.

:)

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Because it's the best RPG ever, just above Mother/Earthbound and Final Fantasy.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I enjoy the gameplay and the Pokemon themselves, and with Bionicle (another franchise I like as much as Pokemon) cancelled, it's pretty much all I have left. :mad:

Rakarei

EXCELSIOR
Pokemon is like your best friend who goes to boarding school. He comes home every once in a while, and when you hang out with him you realize that although he's changed, he's still your best friend and nothing could every change that.

Pokemon is fun, always has ben fun, and for the foreseeable future, it will be fun. That is why I play.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
I still play because I learn something new about it every time I play it.

When I first played R/B/Y I was just a little kid who didn't know how to play the darn game and eventually found the Missingo Trick and cheated my way up. I still enjoyed it, but let's face it, I was an idiot about how it all worked.

G/S/C made me learn about basic strategy, soon developing a team ( although it consisted of two legendaries but..hey I was 10 so sue me)

R/S/E taught me how well moves work together, what pokemon were good for what and my strategy evolved to an Advanced-Basic level. Plus this is where my love of specific types came into play instead of just the most powerful (Also Coliseum did that too, as it made me love Bug pokemon for life)

D/P/Pt opened me up to more advanced ideas, strategies, and semi-competitive play. Now I understand Game Mechanics well, from Ev's, Iv's, what Nature's do and many other things. And now since I realize that there's a huge competitive field out here, it'll just make me want to keep playing it to see what changes...although I'm not any good at battles (still feels like a noob >.<)

I think I'll be playing this until I'm old and develop arthritis, and even then I'll be playing with my teeth or something

MechaLugia

Misses Toonami
Pokemon is like your best friend who goes to boarding school. He comes home every once in a while, and when you hang out with him you realize that although he's changed, he's still your best friend and nothing could every change that.

Pokemon is fun, always has ben fun, and for the foreseeable future, it will be fun. That is why I play.

I do believe you deserve a reward for that response.

Floydyboy

Oink oink
Because it's the only good RPG that isn't Final Fantasy or a rip-off of Final Fantasy.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Well, I quit after G/S/C had run it's course and didn't start again til 2006. I just think it's something you can pick up and put down whenever you want. I play it because I loved it as a kid and still find it interesting as a teen, even though I don't play it nearly as much. Yet here I am, again, anticipating another Pokemon release.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
It's probably nostalgia having played since the beginning red and blue days.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Cus I feel like it.

heytheredevon

It keeps me hooked! I learn new things and I always have new goals: Beat the E4, complete the pokedex, find all the possible berries, level up a pokemon to 100, win a master rank contest.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
For me it's an escape from the real world, which I am not a big fan of, and has simply become a part of me. I honestly can't imagine my life without Pokemon and will probably play and watch it forever.

Antiyonder

Overlord
While I do enjoy some of the new games with the more movement based gameplay like Ghostbusters on the Wii, it's nice to have games with good old fashion simplicity.

While aspects of Pokemon can be challenging (like catching the rare Pokemon or coming across uncommon ones) it's still nice and simple just the same.

That and it can be addicting.