• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you still play Pokemon?

Darkfirex34

Begining shinyhunter
Because when people ask you "Do you seriously still play Pokemon?" and you say yes, they suddenly stop badmouthing it. And besides, there's always more to do, and more to master.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I don't have anything better to do with myself.

Recently I've gotten an iPod Touch which probably has about $30 worth of games on it, but none of them have the sheer length and replayability of Pokemon.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
In the same way our parents collect hockey cards or comic books our generation is hooked to things like Pokemon. I don't think the games are childish or juvenile at all. It's the anime that makes the games look childish. Not that I don't dislike the anime but kids shows give off that sort of vibe.

Cryptic Blaze

Blinded by the light
I still play for two reasons mainly.

Reason 1: It brings me fond memories of back in the day with Red/Blue versions

Reason 2: It is still an incredibly fun game for me to play, and it remains fun no matter how many times I play it.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I think Pokemon is a fun game to play.

Plus I find a lot of the Pokemon cute, cool, what have you not. I mean I like animals and Pokemon are like animals (most of them anyways). So it just kind of goes hand in hand.

Sushich3f

Munchlax Trainer
I like the gameplay style (catch a pokemon, raise it, face people in battles) and I like collecting things so trying to get all 493 pokemon is great.

The game mechanics have never drastically changed, it follows the same simple formula even though there are improvements in gameplay and the graphics etc. The thrill of a new Pokemon game is one of the best feelings.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
the epic childhood I had, raised by Nintendo games!

Larris

Barney Stinson!
Because of all the memories and of course because it's fun! :)

Totokip

Black Triangle
Because it's the only game series besides Mario that I found fun+addicting,I wish they kept contests the way they had them in R/S/E because I can win all the way up to master rank smart contests with a trapinch 8II got my first pokemon game one christmas around the time of super mario world on the gameboy,before I was the mario man,I was addicted,although I sucked at it,I randomly got good at it 6 years ago...

Senkou

Holier than thou
What can I say, ne? Old habits die hard ;P

barath

because of the memories , and i always see pokemon as a hard strategic game to be played.. because u have to be careful and choose your moves accordingly in battling, also i really appreciate the 4th gen and HGSS pokemon gym puzzles.. they really give lot of work to our brains to actually think and solve it.. [ i took almost 1 hour each in veilstone gym and snowpoint gym to solve the puzzles without walkthroughs]