• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you think AG gets ignored so much?

Teshub

Banned
I've noticed that the series that get talked the most about are OS, Johto (usually something negative), and DP. Then there's the addition of BW.

It seems to be that AG is like the middle child no one really has any strong feelings towards to, neither too many haters/likers. Hence it seems this generation will be the most forgotten as time passes. I know many people will say AG had many accomplishments, like introducing contests, etc. but that is not what the thread is about.

It's about why it gets a lower quantity of attention and discussion as we move forward.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Because people has nothing to complain about. AG has contained 4 people in the group and was the best in my opinion. Max wasn't so interesting, people think. May returned in DP so people don't need/want to argue about her anymore. Ash didn't have a rival too. That's why.

Shadow XD001

Because it's over and done with. It ended about five years ago, so complaining about it, wouldn't change anything. (same with DP now)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Because it's over and done with. It ended about five years ago, so complaining about it, wouldn't change anything. (same with DP now)

OS is over and done with too, yet people still complain about it so your argument is a little confusing. I think people just don't really have much to say about AG. It was a decent saga with decent characters and it had a decent storyline albeit for the Kyogre/Groudon finale. Everything about it was average so there's not much to say about it. It was just ok with many people.

Teshub

Banned
I remember when I made a poll about who should be the 4th member in BW and May got like 3 votes, and Misty and Dawn had over 20.
My guess is that not many people found May that memorable, probably because of Max.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Well, from my observation, a lot of people not only left the show but left the franchise in general around the 3rd Gen. So a lot of people didn't even see AG, so it's less talked about than the other saga's.

PePer

I remember when I made a poll about who should be the 4th member in BW and May got like 3 votes, and Misty and Dawn had over 20.
My guess is that not many people found May that memorable, probably because of Max.

It's not because of Max, it's because people are generally satisfied with May's characters, she had 2 GF's and great DP cameo, whatever you say but she is memorable.

Last edited:

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus

matt0044

To be honest, I started watching the Anime when it entered the Advanced Generation series. I really liked how they adapted concepts from the games while adding somethings of their own. Not to mention my first Pokemon games were Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

So to me, AG will always have a special place in my memory as a Pokemon fan. It may not have been the greatest arc but I liked it. Mostly because of the dialogue for the dub.

Manene!

Or maybe May fans are just more realistic? Not holding on to something that's gone...

So all of Cyber's threads and posts about Hoenn and AG wasn't enough discussion? Heck, even I added some AG references in some of my posts because it's actually one of my favorite series along with D/P.

Well I guess AG's not really brought up because unlike Johto and some of D/P, there's not a lot to complain about. Unlike BW, it's not the new saga. And unlike the original series, it's not a region where a lot of people are stuck in the past with.

So there's not much to talk about except the positive things about it which I personally do sometimes. But I wouldn't say it's ignored. I would say AG just doesn't have any complaints or other things that people want to talk about.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
People like to complain; it's that simple. Given that AG didn't really have too many character issues (you could talk about the lack of rival, but the characters there were great), there's not too much to complain about. Anyway DP is now, and OS was the first.

Hell, 5 years down the road I may be asking "DP who?" for this same reason.

raz1337

Miju Miju!
AG is the only region I watched front to back. I was watching the Silver conference around 2 years ago on the internet, got to the end of Johto, and then decided I wanted to continue on to see AG since I never did. So, I ordered it from Netflix, DVD by DVD.

I saw nothing wrong with AG as I watched it all. Ash was awesome to watch. He just came off competing in Indigo, winning the Orange League, and then placing top 8 with fierce battles in Johto. He was very confident at the beginning of AG and I understand why. Watching May, an inexperienced trainer, travel with Ash, an seasoned trainer, was entertaining, especially in the first few episodes. "Torchic, use amber!"

May just had a distinct personality. In addition to her sudden desire to compete in contests, she was fascinated with restaurants, gave us fun with May's expedition. I just got the impression that she had a life of her own. Dawn didn't give that vibe to me.

Then there was Drew and Harley. Personally, I loved watching Drew and Harley, especially Harley. He was mean and fun at the same time. :D However, Harley was a little stale in the beginning of Advanced Battle and didn't become fun and entertaining until the end of Advanced Battle through Battle Frontier.

AG also broke a lot of game rules. Thunder armor against Tate & Liza sticks out. The whole series just will stick out since I put the time and effort into watching it, and I felt like I watched all the characters grow over 3 seasons. They grew on me.

Sayho1234

I've noticed that the series that get talked the most about are OS, Johto (usually something negative), and DP.

Johto IS a part of OS -_-

Also (positive or negative) OS will always be talked about simply because it was THE first Pocket Monsters anime series ever. This section of the forum alone, the anime section, wouldn't exist without the creation of OS.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
I think AG is far better than DP (at least Hoenn because Sinnoh IMO was better than BF) it was cool when there were 14-15 episodes gaps between gyms and the character development was nice.

and I think the group was more dynamic.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Because the characters got a satisfying conclusion and it's not the latest saga, expect the same to happen to DP once BW ends.

And OS consist of Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto, every site has it like that.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Because the characters got a satisfying conclusion and it's not the latest saga, expect the same to happen to DP once BW ends.

And OS consist of Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto, every site has it like that.

Sayho1234

AG also broke a lot of game rules. Thunder armor against Tate & Liza sticks out.

This entire anime series as a whole has been breaking a lot of game rules from the very beginning. Thundershock being effective against Brock in episode 5 sticks out.