• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you think Iris has become popular already??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Alright, BW is shaping up to be the best saga ever. One of the reasons is Iris being Iris. She's hilarious, she's the DW Read look it up of Pokemon.
I'll raise my hand to answer this question.

So, what do you think??

Bubblewrap

Who knows. I didn't even know she was that popular on these forums. Though I guess it's a different perspective in Japan, right.

In my opinion, whilst I do actually quite like Iris, I wouldn't say she was one of the main reasons why BW is the 'best saga ever' (not my opinion I'm just quoting you).

I guess she's new so lots of people like her.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
She brings something new to the table regarding female characters.

She's not a coordinator... she's didn't have a bike... No family of hers has been shown so far..., etc.

Also, she's skilled in medicine, and has a unique goal. She must raise Axew into a powerful Haxorus.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She doesn't really have the massive fan following the previous girls had, at least not yet, but she is decently well-received.

Although if she doesn't do much for the rest of the arc, I can see people losing interest.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Iris is popular?

In Japan maybe a bit at the level of Misty and May (and that's way less than Dawn BTW) but not in the verbal American forums.

Even I can't give a reason for that. I can't even give the voice actress reason. Aoi Yuuki is kind of famous but not like Miyano famous.

I will say though she has to have the second-most amount of fanart (though, considering the girls tend to get the most, that's not saying much)

Last edited:

Blazenuva

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't the initial reaction to most new characters in Japan almost always positive?

AdvancedK9

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!
Of course, Iris is Popular in Japan. I would think it's because she has purple hair that simply doesn't seem to get dirty at all with all the time she lives in the wild. She's my hero

And I'm sure she'll get good feedback in the US as well.

Dax

Legend
I actually think one of the reasons the characters are so popular is because their personalities are compatible with each other, creating a chemistry that makes the viewer enjoy the show. What makes the personalities compatible is the difference between them. Each personality is extreme yet manages to find a way to compliment the other characters.

Honestly, without Dento and Ash, I wouldn't be able to enjoy Iris. The same happens with Dento, I wouldn't be able to enjoy him without Iris and Ash. Somehow, (at least for me) the character interaction and the chemistry between them is what makes them popular. For the first time in a long time they feel like a group instead of separate characters with separate journeys traveling together.

Blitz Lucario

I don't really care about Iris right now. She hasn't really had much development as a character and her goals are a complete mystery.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
because she's awesome, and hot. She's a gym leader in Black or white(forgot which one), and she has a strong pokemon.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
Iris is popular for the same reason the other three girls were. Because she one of the main characters.

It's as simple as that. How many people thought they wouldn't like Dawn? There were some, to be sure. But a lot of them did end up liking her in the end because she is one of the main characters and we saw her all the time.

People liking Iris is just another example to show that advertising actually does work.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
:D Maybe we should make a thread saying "Why is Best Wishes/Black and White Popular?" ;)

Hmm...I didn't know Iris was too popular it Japan. Well, I couldn't tell by looking at the forums and seeing White's/Dawn's fanboys in tears. However, I do think she is growing more popular on the forums...

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Iris is popular for the same reason the other three girls were. Because she one of the main characters.

It's as simple as that. How many people thought they wouldn't like Dawn? There were some, to be sure. But a lot of them did end up liking her in the end because she is one of the main characters and we saw her all the time.

People liking Iris is just another example to show that advertising actually does work.
Isn't that why Tracey was so popular? Wait...no...that didn't happen.
I don't really care about Iris right now. She hasn't really had much development as a character and her goals are a complete mystery.
Minus the evolve Kibago to Ononokus thing right?

I actually think one of the reasons the characters are so popular is because their personalities are compatible with each other, creating a chemistry that makes the viewer enjoy the show. What makes the personalities compatible is the difference between them. Each personality is extreme yet manages to find a way to compliment the other characters.

Honestly, without Dento and Ash, I wouldn't be able to enjoy Iris. The same happens with Dento, I wouldn't be able to enjoy him without Iris and Ash. Somehow, (at least for me) the character interaction and the chemistry between them is what makes them popular. For the first time in a long time they feel like a group instead of separate characters with separate journeys traveling together.
Yeah, this.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Wait, wasn't there a Why Do you think Dento has become poplular already Thread?? Now an Iris thread? I'll be doing a BW Ash thread in a few days, and hell maybe even BW TR.

I don't get where people are getting their statistics from... well I can't read japanese, so I wouldn't know if Iris or Dento are popular.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
It matters.

To quote thunderblade12

*Has contributed*

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Iris is well liked because she is thus far the most effective "replacement" misty, so much that she is not a replacement but unique.

As already mentioned this trios chemistry and Iris belittling Ash "Kodomo wa ne~~"

It all just works in her favor.

No matter what direction Iris develops into, I'm sure I'll enjoy more so than Haruka or Hikari, who I Also enjoyed in a different way since they were coordinators and Iris has yet to demonstrate such interests.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
You're right Best Wishes is shaping up to be the best saga ever! :)

I feel a great chemistry between the group again.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Because she is actually cool and not annying like a certain female and her penguin, not gonna name her but you guys could probably figure it out.

Plus she is like a breath of fresh air in that she is not all girly and that she can probably kick ash's butt if she needed to (not in a battle but like actually). She has some of Misty's characteristics but is still original enough that people dont go rehash rehash (well some of you already have but to me she isnt).

Status
Not open for further replies.