• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you think The creators made Brock leave

Do you WANT him back

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokemon fan 132

It's pretty much a given that fans will get bored of something eventually, no matter how awesome that something actually is/was.

Not always though.Some people can get tired of things very quickly while to others it doesnt matter how long character will stay as long they find him enjoyable being given some purpose(something to do).

This can be noticed best in pokemon with long stay characters like Ash or Team Rocket.Some people grown sick of them wanting them to leave and be replaced while to others they are still entertaining.Same with Brock,some people wanted him leave while others would like him back.
True there were quite a lot of complaints about him but most people didnt wanted Brock to leave but actually being given some purpose and more screen time.

In other long running shows like One Piece or Naruto which keeps same characters some could assume how fandom is bored of them,but that obviously isnt case with majority appreciating characters being developed further.

Im of belief how Brock would most likely stay past Sinnoh if BW games werent revamped so much carrying out vibe of "fresh start".If his role was problem than writers would get rid of him long time ago.Either at end of Johto or Hoenn.

Well I was tired of Brock as a companion. Him flirting with all the all the Nurse Joys was getting a little tiring as I got older.

CupidKirby

Not always though.Some people can get tired of things very quickly while to others it doesnt matter how long character will stay as long they find him enjoyable being given some purpose(something to do).

This can be noticed best in pokemon with long stay characters like Ash or Team Rocket.Some people grown sick of them wanting them to leave and be replaced while to others they are still entertaining.Same with Brock,some people wanted him leave while others would like him back.
True there were quite a lot of complaints about him but most people didnt wanted Brock to leave but actually being given some purpose and more screen time.

In other long running shows like One Piece or Naruto which keeps same characters some could assume how fandom is bored of them,but that obviously isnt case with majority appreciating characters being developed further.

Im of belief how Brock would most likely stay past Sinnoh if BW games werent revamped so much carrying out vibe of "fresh start".If his role was problem than writers would get rid of him long time ago.Either at end of Johto or Hoenn.

Yeah, but it's Pokemon. They're limited in what they can do with Brock, plus they worn out that small margin pretty quickly. Manga's like One Piece have more breathing room and the author progresses them at such a complicated pace which is why it's been going on as long as Pokemon but feels like we've just started diving into most of the characters.

pokemon fan 132

Yeah, but it's Pokemon. They're limited in what they can do with Brock, plus they worn out that small margin pretty quickly. Manga's like One Piece have more breathing room and the author progresses them at such a complicated pace which is why it's been going on as long as Pokemon but feels like we've just started diving into most of the characters.

True about whole breeder thing,but since Brock changed his career there is whole unexplored territory regarding doctor thing allowing writers in reality to take his character in new directions.While pokemon was never some complicated show sometimes writers tend to do great work regarding character development providing little more depth and if someone role is not working anymore being worn out they can revamp it to maintain people interest.

Like thy did with TR for example adding new dimensions by Jessie starting to do contests in Hoenn and onwards later on whole trio being given mission in BW becoming more threatening and important to show plot.

Granted that doesnt work for everyone,but its impossible to please all people with everyone having different tasting.Personally i believe Brock could work in show again if writers provide him with more valuable role.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
like everybody else has said the charter got old but still i think it would be good to have all the main old charter return at some point just for one or to episode.

pokemon fan 132

I guess we will never know real reason behind Brock departure unless someone from pokemon staff explains it.Similar how mr.Hidaka at least explained why girls are getting replaced(which also revealed how writers are sexists to certain extent).

I see many say how Brock left because he was "stale","old"etc but i highly doubt that something so artificial played any saying regarding this.Ash,Jesse,James and Meowth are "old"too but as we see thy are still part of show.

All of above reasons are solely just opinions being based on subjectivity and personal preference with there no being right or wrong answer about someone being interesting or not.
If writers wanted to keep Brock they could refresh his character,open new subplots and do something different in order to reinvent people interest.Its never too late to correct mistakes and get someone back on right track.They did it with TR and others,thy were surely capable of reviving Brocks role as well.

Pokemon anime serves primarily as marketing tool which promote new games and reflects their changes by incorporating them within itself and i believe there was more than one factor which brought decision of Brock ending up removed from cast.
Fact that Brock was kept for 13 years with writers not removing him until games experienced revamp providing vibe of "new start" with anime mirroring this by excluding older pokemon with Unova seeming completely foreign says alot for itself.

Coincidence?I dont buy it.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
i only wanted him gone because his dub voice made me gargled plus he was booring! if he were to return more like his kanto self id welcome it plus if i hear cilan say recipe one more time!!!!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think he left because people probably wanted a change from Brock as a partner

Pupmon1

Dark-Fire
I've only watched the first few eps of B&W and I have to say I'm glade Brock's gone. His running joke with Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, and the other ladies, were getting annoying. In Kanto it was funny but it got old really fast.