• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do you think the writers made Max join Ash in AG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh i definitely agree. OS had great writing when it comes to comedy, emotion, battling and uniqueness but to be fair in Hoenn writers improved on some things like giving to group pokemon more screen time and focus, traveling companions getting more development with goals being more defined, rivals being treated better by bring given more focus etc.

They simply learned on some past mistakes learning how to handle certain things better during Hoenn, but in exchange some other things which added appeal before were toned down.

I agree completely. If the Pokemon took everything that was great about the OS and combined it with everything great about AG, DP and BW, then we would have the perfect Pokemon anime filled with great battles, developed characters, emotional moments, great rivals, great villains, great comedy, etc.

But later over time she didn't care about the bike anymore & If I continue any longer this'll become a shipping discussion.

But it was still a big part of their relationship in Kanto. But anyway, you're right. Let's not get too off of topic here. Speaking of Max, I am actually not quite sure why they added him. I agree with a lot of what Pokemon Fan 132 said about him adding conflict and helping with navigation but really Brock also helped with navigation. I think that Mx was actually there so we can see how young kids who haven't reached the age of 10 react to the world of Pokemon. Obviously, at the age of 10, you can get your first Pokemon. However, prior to reaching that age, you really have no experience in battling, discovering the world of Pokemon, meeting new people. So really this was Max's first glimpse at the world of Pokemon and we really got to see how he reacted to all of this. Every character Ash has gone on his journey with was atleast 10 years old and had a goal. Max wasn't yet at the age of 10 so he couldn't start his journey yet but he did get to actually discover the world of Pokemon anyway. That's what I make of it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Maturity- With Max being the youngest May had alot of times had started to step up and help her little brother at times. Ash bonded with Max alot. It was good to see that Ash could be a big brother if he wanted to. Since we usually see him as an only child, I feel that Max brought out some qualities in Ash that we didn't see before.

Agreed.

I think that's what made Max's addition so interesting.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For a character with no pokemon they sure made certain to give him a decent size amount of episodes for a sidekick character.

I also found it funny how he got a movie before May did, although I guess that IS because they wanted to promote him right away since May was doing the contests at the time.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
For a character with no pokemon they sure made certain to give him a decent size amount of episodes for a sidekick character.

I also found it funny how he got a movie before May did, although I guess that IS because they wanted to promote him right away since May was doing the contests at the time.

It's funny how you call him a side character when people today call Iris and Cilan who has done more than Misty and Brock combined side characters too. It's funny.
But I guess we need to understand the definition of a true side character.

Max had no Pokemon, no true goal and no real reason for being there. He however, begged and his wish came true by his parents apporval.

Everyone else doesn't fit that profile. However, ear pulling, carrying around PokeNav's, and to help the other characters become more mature was a few of the writers fixes. But so was being a alittle know-it-all when Brock was there and wearing his sister down.

pokemon fan 132

It's funny how you call him a side character when people today call Iris and Cilan who has done more than Misty and Brock combined side characters too. It's funny.
But I guess we need to understand the definition of a true side character.

Max had no Pokemon, no true goal and no real reason for being there. He however, begged and his wish came true by his parents apporval.

Max was definitely sidekick. He didnt had any real goal, story wasnt centralized around him like it was case with Ash or May and he didnt had on going quest. That doesnt make him less worthy as character because he contributed to AG series giving his share, but since he had smaller role he is classified as supporting character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Why they made Max join?
Probably because they were stoned as fock

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Even though the ear idea came originally from Misty, I'm glad it was Max that pulled Brock's ear, and NOT May. I can't imagine the backlash if she did.

What does it matter if May or some other person did it? They still could have had Max on the show even if someone or something else dragged Brock's ear.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Max was definitely sidekick. He didnt had any real goal, story wasnt centralized around him like it was case with Ash or May and he didnt had on going quest. That doesnt make him less worthy as character because he contributed to AG series giving his share, but since he had smaller role he is classified as supporting character.

Where did you get this idea from? I never said he wasn't worth anything. I was just giving him the definition of what a real side character is. But he was apart of the main cast just like everyone else was. That doesn't mean he was less than everyone else.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Okay? and don't imply that I said that.

Backlash just because another girl pulls Brock's ear is not bad. Like I said before rather if it was Max or someone else, it would be just another gag, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.