• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why does everyone hate AMERICA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Revive yourself by making American Soccer teams decent.

But I don't give a damn about something so trivial as sports.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
Six years of amazing economic growth right out of a recession and the destruction of one of our major financial hubs. Not to mention near record low unemployment. Yeah sounds like a real screwed up economy.
You didn't read the whole article did you? The USA is heading right into a recession as we speak.

He did a pretty damn good job looking after this country. If he didn't then the economy would have been the main issue during the 04 election.
Maybe not then, but it is now. Unless the news in America is censoring its own horrible economic state :rolleyes:
Well to start out, duh if you make more money you will get more of a tax cut. Anyway the tax cuts were designed to help buisnesses and help the economy. It wasn't the poor that were laying off workers becuase they were losing money hand over fist. It was the rich and the companies they owned. The tax cuts were designed to combat that and to allow people to keep their jobs.
For one the poor only become poorer if they do not have jobs and are unable to get out of the situation they are in. The rich have been taxed harder than anyone else, especially in the 90s. Now right after 9/11 when the country was losing jobs, and we were heading into a deeper recession. What do you think saved the country? The Rebates and the Tax Cuts.

Yes they helped the rich, but the rich turned around and spent it, they spent it on employees and they spent it on goods and services. Or do you think it is just coincidence that America had unemployment at 4% for so long after the tax cuts? So yeah the tax cuts helped the rich, but that turned around and helped the poor by allowing them to keep their job and helping companies stay afloat.

I hope that's a joke. I'll forgive your ignorance since you're probably too young to understand how taxes work, but explain to me how people who earn hardly any money only get $45 off their tax bill, while people with millions in disposable income get an extra 140k to keep for themselves? And also, the 4% unemployment only counts people who are collecting unemployment. It doesn't take into account those who don't qualify for unemployment or those who are unemployed for longer than 6 months. And even then it doesn't take into account underemployment - ie. engineers who can only find work at McDonalds. I suspect the true unemployment rate is somewhere around 9-10%.

If you tax the living daylights out of everyone except the rich, how the f*** does that stimulate the economy? No one can afford to buy anything except stuff that's been made in China! As people lose their homes, more strain is put on welfare for them. Mortgages default and investments lose their value. Everybody loses. Don't agree? Look at what's happening to the US economy right now.

I'm sure when you read the whole article instead of just the quote you'll understand the gravity of it.

Newsflash, wars cost money. If America decided it's wars by their cost, we would have pulled out of World War 2 long before it was over.
I love it.

In fact, I'm so speechless at this ignorant statement I can barely bring myself to counter you.

Doesn't two trillion dollars strike you as a little expensive? Considering there was no need for the USA to even go to war with Iraq in the first place, and that countless lives have been lost (for which no value can be put), $2T seems a bit much. Especially when that would have been better spent on the USA itself.

This has nothing to do with Bush, but the World Economy.
Actually, it had everything to do with Bush. The US economic system has affected people all over the world. Read the article.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/12/bush200712

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I like how this thread has split into predominantly two groups: one that makes fun of Bush's "defiances" for no reason other than to be a jack-***, and the other defending his administration's policies as if they have a wealth of experience and knowledge, and confuse menial short-term positives to be actually a good indicator of president and ignore the obvious long-term negatives that is thrusting the U.S. into a downward spiral.

They basically sum up two of the most apparent ugly types of people in this country (and consequently an image that foreigners have of us and hate us for): those that are flat-out jerks for no reason and are praised for it, and those who ignore or brush off the problems until it's too late and we are in deep, deep ****.

History hates both of you.

Oh please, I know a lot of people disagree with Bush, WE ALL KNOW, but now it seems like people are just using that as an excuse to hate America. People just spout off what everybody else says about him again and again and again. What are you going to do when his second term ends and he is no longer president? Oh, that's right, everybody will be on a roll already and just insult the new president regardless of who it is, and then maybe pump up the fat jokes a little. Another crack in the broken "insults of America" record.
You know what's funny. When some of the people here state that "Americans think they're the best and that they are the only country who matters." Sounds more like people who say that think America is a pile of garbage and they are the best.

If you want to solely look at the negatives of every country, then every country sucks. End.

But I don't give a damn about something so trivial as sports.

You do know that you are just kindling the silly little fire he has intentionally lit about a reason as rediculous as sports. Just ignore it.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Oh please, I know a lot of people disagree with Bush, WE ALL KNOW, but now it seems like people are just using that as an excuse to hate America.

Huge Chavez, anyone?

Oh, that's right, everybody will be on a roll already and just insult the new president regardless of who it is,

Depends on what they do. People will inevitably mock their leaders, but to varying degrees depending on how their own lives are concerned.

Most people are frustrated with how their lives are, and how it seems the country as a whole is heading into darker waters. Not to mention various other factors. So they target the leader: Bush.

and then maybe pump up the fat jokes a little.

We are a bit chubby compared to a lot of the world, though.

Just sayin'.

BigLutz

Banned
You didn't read the whole article did you? The USA is heading right into a recession as we speak.

Yes we are heading into a recession right now, we are not currently in one but we are heading into one. Either way you are neglecting the past 6 years in which the economy has done amazing things under Bush. And even now, while we are on the path to a possible recession, we still have unemployment at 5% something that would have been considered great during past economic times.

Maybe not then, but it is now. Unless the news in America is censoring its own horrible economic state :rolleyes:

Which brings me back to my point, if Bush had done such a horrible job with the economy, especially with the poor economy he was given at the end of the Clinton era. It would have been a main topic in 2004. Instead the economy was thriving then, and up till the last few months it was still thriving and beating estimates on it's growth.

You have provided nothing, absolutely nothing to counter the facts that under Bush we have seen amazing growth and low unemployment. Yet you still spout off about how he screwed up the economy.

I hope that's a joke. I'll forgive your ignorance since you're probably too young to understand how taxes work,

Cute kiddo, but how about we leave the personal insults out of it?

but explain to me how people who earn hardly any money only get $45 off their tax bill, while people with millions in disposable income get an extra 140k to keep for themselves?

Becuase the people with Millions in disposable income are already paying more of a percentage into taxes than the person that gets $45 back. Also the people that have the millions in disposable income are the ones that hire the ones with the $45 dollars tax rebates, and with out them they wouldn't even have a job.

And also, the 4% unemployment only counts people who are collecting unemployment.

That has been the standard for measuring unemployment, it still is not a rebuttle to why under Bush it was at such a low.

The real unemployment rate I suspect is somewhere around 9-10%.

And of course you have proof to back this up?

If you tax the living daylights out of everyone except the rich, how the f*** does that stimulate the economy?

Hey guess what? We are already taxing the **** out of the rich. Yet in 2002 and in 2003 when jobs were being lost like crazy and companies were going under, it isn't the best time to continue to tax them. ESPECIALLY if you want them to keep their employees.

No one can afford to buy anything except stuff that's been made in China!

What a over exageration.

As people lose their homes, more strain is put on welfare for them. Mortgages default and investments lose their value. Everybody loses. Don't agree? Look at what's happening to the US economy right now.

People are losing their morgages becuase of their own ignorance. They set themselves up for it and believe that they should be bailed out by the Government when it falls through. So care to explain how this is Bush's fault?

Anyway yes the economy is declining now after 6 years of amazing highs. Yet unlike the .Com Bubble Burst, the housing market will always rebound, stimulus packages or not, the market will rebound, just a matter of when.

I love it.

In fact, I'm so speechless at this ignorant statement I can barely bring myself to counter you.

In other words, you have nothing to say, so instead you try to insult the statement to make yourself look all big and tough.

Doesn't two trillion dollars strike you as a little expensive?

Considering the price of other wars, not really.

Considering there was no need for the USA to even go to war with Iraq in the first place,

That is a opinion.

and that countless lives have been lost (for which no value can be put), $2T seems a bit much. Especially when that would have been better spent on the USA itself.

Ahh so we should focus the money on ourselves instead of dealing with the insane dictator in the Middle East who is attempting to get nukes, violating treaties, and killing his own people. Its funny how that kind of ignorance during the last thirty years has led the Middle East to be the ****ed up place it is now.

Actually, it had everything to do with Bush. The US economic system has affected people all over the world. Read the article.

For one he is placing the blame on the Housing Market which as I have said, has nothing to do with Bush and would happen under any President with the circumstances that were presented. Second, you are blaming the woes of the people all over the world on Bush and the US Economy. You fail to take in countless other factors with the world market, instead you would rather just place the blame squarely on Bush.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
Yes we are heading into a recession right now, we are not currently in one but we are heading into one. Either way you are neglecting the past 6 years in which the economy has done amazing things under Bush. And even now, while we are on the path to a possible recession, we still have unemployment at 5% something that would have been considered great during past economic times.

Which brings me back to my point, if Bush had done such a horrible job with the economy, especially with the poor economy he was given at the end of the Clinton era. It would have been a main topic in 2004. Instead the economy was thriving then, and up till the last few months it was still thriving and beating estimates on it's growth.
Yes, up until. But Bush is still in charge of the country and therefore is responsible for the economic condition of America.

You have provided nothing, absolutely nothing to counter the facts that under Bush we have seen amazing growth and low unemployment. Yet you still spout off about how he screwed up the economy.
My aunt lives in Cleveland, Ohio. She said a few months back a WalMart opened and they advertised 300 jobs. Six thousand people turned up, for a job at Walmart. If there is ample employment for everyone, explain that.

Becuase the people with Millions in disposable income are already paying more of a percentage into taxes than the person that gets $45 back. Also the people that have the millions in disposable income are the ones that hire the ones with the $45 dollars tax rebates, and with out them they wouldn't even have a job.
So that entitles them to keep more money than people who have almost nothing? Those who make millions can afford to sacrifice as much as they do. They already have plenty of money, they don't need a huge tax cut. People who are making 20000 a year and trying to support a family are the ones who should be getting a tax cut.

Such are the flaws of the Bush Administration.

That has been the standard for measuring unemployment, it still is not a rebuttle to why under Bush it was at such a low.
You misunderstand. Under Bush, it was a 'low' 4%. But that wasn't a low 4% of the population does not have a job. That was a low 4% of the population collects unemployment benefits.

It doesn't take into account people who dont have jobs but don't get unemployment benefit, who are ineligible for it, or people who have jobs but are paid too little to sustain a reasonable life and/or are being paid too little in their area of expertise.

And of course you have proof to back this up?
No, I said I suspect - it was only an educated guess after factoring in all the people who technically do not have jobs (or at least decent ones) into the figure.

Hey guess what? We are already taxing the **** out of the rich. Yet in 2002 and in 2003 when jobs were being lost like crazy and companies were going under, it isn't the best time to continue to tax them. ESPECIALLY if you want them to keep their employees.
I know you are, you don't tax enough out of them. While low-class families are struggling to pay the rent and put food on the table, people who are rolling in cash are getting even more money back!

Whatever your comeback is, plain and simple that is not how you run a country. The burden of Bush's spending should not have to fall on the shoulders of citizens who do not have enough to even keep themselves out of bankruptcy.

People are losing their morgages becuase of their own ignorance. They set themselves up for it and believe that they should be bailed out by the Government when it falls through. So care to explain how this is Bush's fault?
Here you go, somebody already has.
The administration crows that the economy grew—by some 16 percent—during its first six years, but the growth helped mainly people who had no need of any help, and failed to help those who need plenty. A rising tide lifted all yachts. Inequality is now widening in America, and at a rate not seen in three-quarters of a century. A young male in his 30s today has an income, adjusted for inflation, that is 12 percent less than what his father was making 30 years ago. Some 5.3 million more Americans are living in poverty now than were living in poverty when Bush became president. America’s class structure may not have arrived there yet, but it’s heading in the direction of Brazil’s and Mexico’s.
You’ll still hear some—and, loudly, the president himself—argue that the administration’s tax cuts were meant to stimulate the economy, but this was never true. The bang for the buck—the amount of stimulus per dollar of deficit—was astonishingly low. Therefore, the job of economic stimulation fell to the Federal Reserve Board, which stepped on the accelerator in a historically unprecedented way, driving interest rates down to 1 percent. In real terms, taking inflation into account, interest rates actually dropped to negative 2 percent.

The predictable result was a consumer spending spree. Looked at another way, Bush’s own fiscal irresponsibility fostered irresponsibility in everyone else. Credit was shoveled out the door, and subprime mortgages were made available to anyone this side of life support. Credit-card debt mounted to a whopping $900 billion by the summer of 2007. “Qualified at birth” became the drunken slogan of the Bush era. American households took advantage of the low interest rates, signed up for new mortgages with “teaser” initial rates, and went to town on the proceeds.

All of this spending made the economy look better for a while; the president could (and did) boast about the economic statistics. But the consequences for many families would become apparent within a few years, when interest rates rose and mortgages proved impossible to repay. The president undoubtedly hoped the reckoning would come sometime after 2008. It arrived 18 months early. As many as 1.7 million Americans are expected to lose their homes in the months ahead. For many, this will mean the beginning of a downward spiral into poverty.
from the article I keep encouraging you to read.

In other words, you have nothing to say, so instead you try to insult the statement to make yourself look all big and tough.
Not at all, I've just realised that at this point you've been brainwashed by George Bush's antics so much that no amount of hard fact can convince you of the truth.

Ahh so we should focus the money on ourselves instead of dealing with the insane dictator in the Middle East who is attempting to get nukes, violating treaties, and killing his own people. Its funny how that kind of ignorance during the last thirty years has led the Middle East to be the ****ed up place it is now.
Absolutely. America has no obligation or responsibilty to the world to keep us safe from 'insane dictators'. Every respectable country in the world kept to the own business and stayed out of Iraq. Bush had this idea that keeping this Hussein under control was more important than looking after his own country.

How did he go about it? Spent trillions and cut taxes for everybody, violating a basic rule of fiscal management.

For one he is placing the blame on the Housing Market which as I have said, has nothing to do with Bush and would happen under any President with the circumstances that were presented. Second, you are blaming the woes of the people all over the world on Bush and the US Economy. You fail to take in countless other factors with the world market, instead you would rather just place the blame squarely on Bush.
Another pre-written response for this common 'argument':
Globalization means that America’s economy and the rest of the world have become increasingly interwoven. Consider those bad American mortgages. As families default, the owners of the mortgages find themselves holding worthless pieces of paper. The originators of these problem mortgages had already sold them to others, who packaged them, in a non-transparent way, with other assets, and passed them on once again to unidentified others. When the problems became apparent, global financial markets faced real tremors: it was discovered that billions in bad mortgages were hidden in portfolios in Europe, China, and Australia, and even in star American investment banks such as Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns. Indonesia and other developing countries—innocent bystanders, really—suffered as global risk premiums soared, and investors pulled money out of these emerging markets, looking for safer havens. It will take years to sort out this mess.

Last edited:

Vantage

I ain't witty, so no
Thought I’d clear a few things up in this thread. No, I have no issues with Americans, but I do have issues with idiotic people.

People, George Bush is a ****, but he is not what’s wrong with America, and neither is fast food. America was hated long before both were around. Most of the other things stated, though, are pretty valid.

John Light said:
One of my grandfathers friends disliked Americans for a long time as his wife cheated on him during the Second World War with an American GI as they recieved 7 times more money than a British soldier of that rank

This was commonplace during the Second World War. We had Americans stationed in Australia, and they quickly gained a bad reputation, due to the cheating and such. There were a few murders of women attributed to GIs, too.

Dark SpOOn Bender said:
And by "worship the flag" do you mean "patriotism"?

Well known fact: America suffers from jingoism. Badly. The only country in the world where you can find flagpoles in people’s backyards.

Dark SpOOn Bender said:
Um, it wouldn't exactly be as easy as 1, 2, 3 to switch measurement systems for the entire country.

Actually, we switched to metric in 1966 here in Australia, and from what I know, there were no huge issues. The metric system is a lot simpler than imperial – going up with zeros is easier than going up with completely random numbers.

Didn't look like a joke answer to me =/ especially with all the "fat" posts being thrown around.

BAAAAAAAAAAWWWW, Mr. American doesn’t like it when he’s stereotyped, does he? Now he knows how Mr. Australian and Mr. English feel. :(

Carlisle said:
I hate the "America doesn't mind its own business" argument. I don't see China or India trying to help out with the war and stop terrorism.

That’s the point – they’re minding their own business. DUHHHHHHH.

Carlisle said:
Originally America tried to stay neutral during WW2, and look how out of control Hitler got before Russia and mainly America stepped in.

Yes, because the French, English, Australian etc militaries contributed NOTHING to the war effort. America was not the only force aside from the Germans in WWII, contrary to popular belief.

Carlisle said:
I like going to an amazing high school, the oppurtunity to go to college and pharmacy/medical school afterwords. I like the fact that I can be any religion I want when I want, and the fact that I can make money and not got shot when I speak out.

Those things are common amongst every first world country. Nothing unique there.
Sammi said:
The "eh" thing, I don't know about that.

OK, I’m Australian, and even I know about that.

Apparently Canadians say ‘eh’ a lot, in the same way that I, as an Australian, am supposed to say ‘mate’ every five minutes.

Dark SpOOn Bender said:
People in New York are always in a rush

Yeah, most Australians don’t like the fact people in Sydney are in a rush. When I was there last, I was practically being knocked over by people jogging everywhere.

Brettt said:
The thirties through sixties were a very censored and conservative time for America

Yeah, tons of censorship. That’s why ‘The Flinstones’ promoted cigarettes. As for conservative, have you not heard of the civil rights movement? You know, a black woman wouldn’t stand up for a white guy in the 50’s?

BigLutz said:
That really sickens me about alot of people, I have a very hard time when it comes to speaking becuase of a birth defect, yet the way I speak should not be a measure of my intelligence. If you look at what Bush has done, and not the way he talks, he is alot smarter than many of our previous presidents.

Every single time I see you. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I. SEE. YOU., you are promoting or defending George W. Bush. This is a Pokémon forum, not the Republican Party.

And don’t accuse me of being anti-Republican, either. If you were on about Clinton, I’d be equally annoyed. And it’s not just this thread, either. Taking a quick peek through your posting history revealed that every post on the first page was political. Wait, every post on the second page, too. And all but one on the third.

Lol @ nothing but politics in a Pokemon forum.

Xweek said:
I do loathe Australians, though. Had real bad tales come from Down Under.

Ahhhhh, the old Pommy/Aussie rivalry, alive and well I see.

…We’re better at cricket! HAHAHAHAHA! *shot*

Ridley-X4 said:
Hey lookit me! I think I'm superior to the country that saved my *** when the Germans invaded us! Even though they won the war and kept the Germans from invading us, I still they they SUCK! Why? I dunno, because being national-centric ROCKS!

This is why people hate America.

You need to learn more about the Second World War. Badly. The Russians did just as much, if not more, than America did.

chuboy said:
No one can afford to buy anything except stuff that's been made in China!

No, not true. Americans are rich. If this recession is as bad as everyone’s saying it will be, then maybe they’ll be buying crap from China.

chuboy said:

A recession which is being completely and utterly over hyped by the media. This will not be the depression part two – recessions are normal.

QuailMan

Carpe Jugulum
I'm thinking this would be better off in the debate section. What do you guys think?

Well, it's pretty much turned into one, so yeah, that's where it belongs.

BigLutz

Banned
Yes, up until. But Bush is still in charge of the country and therefore is responsible for the economic condition of America.

He is, but then again you cannot look at one year and say Bush has screwed up the Economy based on that one year, when in the last 6 he has had a amazing economy.

My aunt lives in Cleveland, Ohio. She said a few months back a WalMart opened and they advertised 300 jobs. Six thousand people turned up, for a job at Walmart. If there is ample employment for everyone, explain that.

For one thing, one event happening in one city does not equal the entire country. Second people will always be looking for another job, you cannot prove that those six thousand that showed up were all jobless. Still you have shown me nothing to prove your argument.

So that entitles them to keep more money than people who have almost nothing?

By percentage they are keeping less money. Meaning they are putting in tons more money into the economy than the poor, and recieve back a percentage they put in. In other words if I were a millionaire, and say I get 5% back on my tax rebate. My 5% is going to be alot bigger than the 5% the poor guy gets in. Both are the same percentage of rebate they recieve, but since the Millionaire puts in a substantial more, his percentage will be higher.

Those who make millions can afford to sacrifice as much as they do.

In terms of taxes they sacrifice more than any other group.

They already have plenty of money, they don't need a huge tax cut. People who are making 20000 a year and trying to support a family are the ones who should be getting a tax cut.

People who were making 20,000 a year did not have control over keeping their job in 2002 when the market was going down becuase of the .com bubble and 9/11. People that were making 20,000 a year had no control over their company going out of buisness or not. Those that the tax cut benifited the most did at that time, and the tax cut not only helped the economy but it helped many many businesses that would have to have cut those 20,000 a year employees if they did not get it.

You misunderstand. Under Bush, it was a 'low' 4%. But that wasn't a low 4% of the population does not have a job. That was a low 4% of the population collects unemployment benefits.

The point still remains, with unemployment numbers 4% was at a near record low, read that again. A. Near. Record. Low. That means less unemployment, counted or not, it means a substantially less unemployment than what we had in the past.

It doesn't take into account people who dont have jobs but don't get unemployment benefit, who are ineligible for it, or people who have jobs but are paid too little to sustain a reasonable life and/or are being paid too little in their area of expertise.

The Unemployment numbers have almost never taken that into account. It isn't as if Bush came into office and went "Okay lets change up how we count Unemployment". It has been that way, and when counted that way, Unemployment was at a incredible low, infact compared to many times in the past, it still is at 5%.

No, I said I suspect - it was only an educated guess after factoring in all the people who technically do not have jobs (or at least decent ones) into the figure.

Yet you do not know how many people do not have decent jobs. You are just pulling numbers out of the air to help suit your point. Either put up actual numbers to support your point, or give it up.

I know you are, you don't tax enough out of them. While low-class families are struggling to pay the rent and put food on the table, people who are rolling in cash are getting even more money back!

The people that are rolling in cash are the ones that support those low class families. You can look at the unemployment numbers and the rebound in the economy and cannot deny that the tax cuts helped the economy, that they helped create more jobs for Americans. And with out them we would have even more low class families struggling with food.

Whatever your comeback is, plain and simple that is not how you run a country. The burden of Bush's spending should not have to fall on the shoulders of citizens who do not have enough to even keep themselves out of bankruptcy.

The Burden of the funding of this country has always fallen on the shoulders of the rich. 80% of the funding for this country, of Bush's spending, come from the top 20% of this country. So who is the burden on? The 80% that pay only 20% of the taxes of this country. Or the 80% that the top 20% of this country pays?

Here you go, somebody already has.

from the article I keep encouraging you to read.

That article still does not account for the growth of companies, and the expanding of new jobs, which helped thrive the economy. Instead they place all the blame on Bush for people who were too stupid to read the fine print on their morgages. What do you expect? Bush to stand over the shoulder of each one that signed a morgage and say "Read the fine print, read the fine print."

Not at all, I've just realised that at this point you've been brainwashed by George Bush's antics so much that no amount of hard fact can convince you of the truth.

Ahh returning to insults again. You realize how small that makes you look?

Absolutely. America has no obligation or responsibilty to the world to keep us safe from 'insane dictators'.

Ahh the lessons learned from 1930 Nazi Germany. Isolationism works so well!

Every respectable country in the world kept to the own business and stayed out of Iraq.

Many of those respectable countries were making great money through the Oil for Food Program also.

Bush had this idea that keeping this Hussein under control was more important than looking after his own country.

I would say Bush saw 9/11, saw the threat posed by the most misbehaving dictator in that region, and saw the reports about Saddam trying to contact Al Qaeda, giving aid to some Al Qaeda terrorist, torturing his own people, trying to obtain nukes, and hiding WMDs from inspectors. And he realized that any inaction against Saddam, would lead to the possibility of another terrorist attack in our country happening in the future becuase of Saddam. And that he had a chance to prevent it.

How did he go about it? Spent trillions and cut taxes for everybody, violating a basic rule of fiscal management.

And if he didn't where would we be now? How high would Unemployment be? 10%? 11%? 12%? How many buisnesses would be out? Obviously the airline industry would be in shambles as well as many others.

You also forget another basic rule of economics. When faced with a huge depression, the last thing you do is keep high taxes and remain fiscally conservative.

Another pre-written response for this common 'argument':

And your 'pre written responce" as you seem to fall back to, as if you cannot come up with one on your own. Fails to take into account other economic factors that have effected the world.

Vantage said:
Every single time I see you. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I. SEE. YOU., you are promoting or defending George W. Bush. This is a Pokémon forum, not the Republican Party.

This is also a Debate/Misc forum in which Pokemon is not discussed but general issues. I believe I am entitled to my opinion and the views I hold.

Vantage said:
And don’t accuse me of being anti-Republican, either. If you were on about Clinton, I’d be equally annoyed. And it’s not just this thread, either. Taking a quick peek through your posting history revealed that every post on the first page was political. Wait, every post on the second page, too. And all but one on the third.

Yes that is why I actually came to Serebii. I am the mod over at another very popular Pokemon Forum in which I have to keep up a image and reframe from Debating. So I came over to Serebii and pretty much stay in the Debate and Misc forum in which I can enjoy debating with out people realizing who I am.

Something interesting I came across. Not making any statements, it's just interesting.
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/commen.../4_crashes.png

How the market looked in 1930, 1962, 1987 and 2008, respectively

How about posting a image in which people can actually see...

Cobalt_Latios

Thought I’d clear a few things up in this thread. No, I have no issues with Americans, but I do have issues with idiotic people.

People, George Bush is a ****, but he is not what’s wrong with America, and neither is fast food. America was hated long before both were around. Most of the other things stated, though, are pretty valid.

This was commonplace during the Second World War. We had Americans stationed in Australia, and they quickly gained a bad reputation, due to the cheating and such. There were a few murders of women attributed to GIs, too.

Well known fact: America suffers from jingoism. Badly. The only country in the world where you can find flagpoles in people’s backyards.
So I hear, glad I'm not the only one. The national anthem is contagious down there it seems. Yes, I'm proud to be Canadian, but I don't like to sing my National anthem every friggen day!

Actually, we switched to metric in 1966 here in Australia, and from what I know, there were no huge issues. The metric system is a lot simpler than imperial – going up with zeros is easier than going up with completely random numbers.
Same up here, in fact I really don't get the whole "Imperial thing anyways. I've always know metric. It annoys me with the whole Celsius to Fahrenheit and all.

BAAAAAAAAAAWWWW, Mr. American doesn’t like it when he’s stereotyped, does he? Now he knows how Mr. Australian and Mr. English feel. :(
+ Canada. Yes, we live in the North, but its only Winter for half the year okay!

That’s the point – they’re minding their own business. DUHHHHHHH.

Yes, because the French, English, Australian etc militaries contributed NOTHING to the war effort. America was not the only force aside from the Germans in WWII, contrary to popular belief.
Canada was there too. Though they were with the British for the most part.

Those things are common amongst every first world country. Nothing unique there.

OK, I’m Australian, and even I know about that.

Apparently Canadians say ‘eh’ a lot, in the same way that I, as an Australian, am supposed to say ‘mate’ every five minutes.
Well, not me. I don't say "eh" every ten seconds. I might heh, or something similar, but I don't say it that often. In fact, I hate that stereotype more than the one with the "Norhern Winter People with the RCMP and the whole Hockey deal" (part of that is because I hate Hockey, does that mean I'm not Canadian?)

Yeah, most Australians don’t like the fact people in Sydney are in a rush. When I was there last, I was practically being knocked over by people jogging everywhere.
Toronto, Edmonton, etc. Quite a few city's here in Canada are just as crowded/in a rush. God why?

Yeah, tons of censorship. That’s why ‘The Flinstones’ promoted cigarettes. As for conservative, have you not heard of the civil rights movement? You know, a black woman wouldn’t stand up for a white guy in the 50’s?

Ahhhhh, the old Pommy/Aussie rivalry, alive and well I see.

…We’re better at cricket! HAHAHAHAHA! *shot*

This is why people hate America.

You need to learn more about the Second World War. Badly. The Russians did just as much, if not more, than America did.
I'm not sure, but I think Canada had a very major impact in this too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, not true. Americans are rich. If this recession is as bad as everyone’s saying it will be, then maybe they’ll be buying crap from China.
Well, we were certainly buying tons of crap from there when our dollar became higher than theirs.

A recession which is being completely and utterly over hyped by the media. This will not be the depression part two – recessions are normal.

Comments are in bold. Thank you! You sir have made my day! (In a very, very good way)

~C_L~

The_Panda

恭喜發財
I'm thinking this would be better off in the debate section. What do you guys think?

I would highly doubt Eszett would approve of a thread like this in his section, if it was moved I would think it would be closed soon afterwards given the plain record of what happens to threads like this in the debate forum, given that a vast number of the replies here would either be classified as spamming under the "good argument, bad argument or no argument" principle (and the topic isn't so debatable anyway). Perhaps the best thing would be to, instead of move this thread altogether, fork the discussion on George W. Bush into a new thread within the Debate forum.

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Meh. Some hate it for Bush, some for Hillary, still others for prejudice.

Superpowerdom is something we enjoy now. We are on thin breakaway luon and need some support. When we see people who say we are fat, arrogant, war hungry, we give up some hope.

Plus, if you hate America, you hate bifocal glasses, refrigerators, coffee pots, sewing machines, revolvers, telegraphs, power tools, SAFEty pins, safe elevator systems, BURGLAR ALARMS, Oil Wells, water towers, repeating rifles, rollerskates, typewriters, motor bikes, barbed wire, toilet paper, electric dental drills, telephones, lightbulbs, mimeographs (copy-type machines), cash registers, hearing aids (what?), Maxim guns (a first machine gun), electric fans, electric irons, fountain pens, skyscrapers, Coca-Cola, Revolving doors (this one will TURN you AROUND), cameras, escalators, Ferris wheels, tractors, automatic-tipping hats, Cotton candy, safety razors, zippers, assembly lines, air conditioners, airplanes, crayons, windshieds wipers, popsicles, tea bags, self-starting cars, BAND-AIDs, masking tape, bread slicers, bubble gum, frozen food, scotch tape, bathyspheres, chocolate chip cookies, parking meters, chairlifts, photocopier, nylon, defibrillators, aerosol spray cans, microwaves, cell phones (in 1947), Scrabble, disposable diapers, Polio vaccines, the Pill, LASERs, operating systems for computers, fiber optics, calculators, barcodes, space shuttles, artificial hearts, teh Internet, Hubble space telescope, Galileo space probe, stem cell lines, the Human Genome Project, and the cervical cancer vaccine, all made in the U.S.A.

Those things are far too common.

OMG FLAGPOLES?! WITH THE AMERICAN FLAG?! IN PEOPLE'S BACKYARDS?! Yeah, that sure is a signal of a mutual illness. Get over it, people have every right to be patriotic and there is nothing wrong with it, but I guess we should be tearing down our star-spangled banner because George Bush solely ruined the planet. We shouldn't be proud about our country in any way because our country, unlike any other country, has flaws. Heaven forbid we wave the flag and express ourselves!

And stereotypes suck no matter where they come from, so if you think I'm in support of other non-American stereotypes then I'm going to inform you now- I'm not. Every time somebody in this thread mentions how the fat American stereotype is insulting, somebody else chimes in about teacups in Britain and crocks in Australia, as if that justifies it. And either way, no matter how many overweight people we have in this country, that is still no reason to hate America.

Last edited:

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
we should be tearing down our star-spangled banner because George Bush solely ruined the planet. a.

How exactly?

I didn't see him cause 9-11.

I didn't see him nuke Korea.

You mean a war?

I don't get why people complain about it. It's a war. motives sound stupid now, but in 10 years they might help us not die. And people die and get injured in wars. It's a fact.

The not die part?

Have you played Call of Duty 4?

A NUKE GOES OFF IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

We are trying to prevent that.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I would highly doubt Eszett would approve of a thread like this in his section, if it was moved I would think it would be closed soon afterwards given the plain record of what happens to threads like this in the debate forum, given that a vast number of the replies here would either be classified as spamming under the "good argument, bad argument or no argument" principle (and the topic isn't so debatable anyway). Perhaps the best thing would be to, instead of move this thread altogether, fork the discussion on George W. Bush into a new thread within the Debate forum.

I stopped reading after the bold part, because need I remind you I am also a debate mod :)

I'm moving this to the debate forum, however, you all BETTER read the first post once I get done editing it.

Actually on second thought, I'll remake it, because some of the replies in this thread suck.

And Eszett can fuck off for all I care, he's a crappy mod :)

HEY GUYS THE TOPIC HAS BEEN REMADE HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.