• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why does everyone hate America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Banned
God, the anti Americanism in this topic is almost fearful. I am somewhat confused as to why some are being so bold about their hatred. I understand a general dislike for a certian countries politics but this is really nonsense.

"America is horrible because they are the world police"

I question this. Before WW2 the American goverment was still very much isolationist. We knew of the genocide going on in Europe, Britain was our ally and we were letting them burn, Hitler invaded country by country, yet we didn't lift a finger until imperial Japan bombed pearl harbor. Everyone hated us soon after because we were charged with "Letting Europe burn." Since WW2 America broke out of its isolationist mindset and lo and behold, now we are evil because we are the world police. What is even worse, people here want to blame America for acts they commited they commited some 60 years ago and beyond. Let's be rational. Everyone that was in the U.S. government during WW2 is DEAD now. Likewise everyone that made up the government during the Spanish-American war is DEAD now. So if those people are all DEAD and there are completely different people and politics that make up the goverment of America today, then you can't blame us for something that long ago because back then it was literally a different America. It makes about as much sense as blaming modern day Germany for the holocaust.

BigLutz

Banned
God, the anti Americanism in this topic is almost fearful. I am somewhat confused as to why some are being so bold about their hatred. I understand a general dislike for a certian countries politics but this is really nonsense.

"America is horrible because they are the world police"

I question this. Before WW2 the American goverment was still very much isolationist. We knew of the genocide going on in Europe, Britain was our ally and we were letting them burn, Hitler invaded country by country, yet we didn't lift a finger until imperial Japan bombed pearl harbor. Everyone hated us soon after because we were charged with "Letting Europe burn." Since WW2 America broke out of its isolationist mindset and lo and behold, now we are evil because we are the world police. What is even worse, people here want to blame America for acts they commited they commited some 60 years ago and beyond. Let's be rational. Everyone that was in the U.S. government during WW2 is DEAD now. Likewise everyone that made up the government during the Spanish-American war is DEAD now. So if those people are all DEAD and there are completely different people and politics that make up the goverment of America today, then you can't blame us for something that long ago because back then it was literally a different America. It makes about as much sense as blaming modern day Germany for the holocaust.

First that was a great post man.

Second, you have to understand the pure hatred that is in the hearts of people like Chuboy, May's brother, and bowspearer. I mean hell, bowspearer believes that America helped cause or caused 9/11, and Chuboy believes that we should have killed thousands more by invading Japan.

These people are utterly disgusting in their hatred, and worse yet, they expect everyone else to listen and agree with their points. Or atleast that is what May's Brother believes. It just is utterly disgusting.

Either way I have asked Eszett to come in and moderate this debate. Some of the comments from Chuboy and May's brother have gotten out of hand, and we need a mod to either come in and stop this topic, or keep a eye on it. Becuase neither of the horrible remarks they have made, have any place on Serebii.

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
First that was a great post man.

Second, you have to understand the pure hatred that is in the hearts of people like Chuboy, May's brother, and bowspearer. I mean hell, bowspearer believes that America helped cause or caused 9/11, and Chuboy believes that we should have killed thousands more by invading Japan.

These people are utterly disgusting in their hatred, and worse yet, they expect everyone else to listen and agree with their points. Or atleast that is what May's Brother believes. It just is utterly disgusting.

Either way I have asked Eszett to come in and moderate this debate. Some of the comments from Chuboy and May's brother have gotten out of hand, and we need a mod to either come in and stop this topic, or keep a eye on it. Becuase neither of the horrible remarks they have made, have any place on Serebii.

Thanks BigLutz ^_^.

I'm just surprised at some of the remarks being made here. Anti Americansim has been around for awhile but it became much worse in the early 90's when the Soviet Union fell. Now with one superpower everyone has redirected their hatred:p I think a lot of the sentiments here come from the simple fact that no one likes a top dog unless they are getting a direct benefit. No one liked the Roman empire, everyone hated Britain's guts, my point is that when your the top dog, the head of foreign affairs, the most powerful, it comes with a price. You will also be the most hated. Someone tell me who throws a fit when a country say...Uzbekistan makes a blunder in foreign policy? By God no one will even hear a whisper on the matter because no one gives a damn about a country that is not in the spotlight. Hell, most people don't even know that Darfur is even happening. Insult my president, insult my government, insult our media, but don't insult my country. Because regardless of what anyone says, I am still proud of it, and I don't believe God's blessing has left.

I mean when people in Indonesia accuse us of putting a nuke under their coast and causing the 2004 tsunami....

yeah. Lol. :D

Last edited:

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
Proving my point ^_^
How?

See the thing is, I do not need other people to validate my feelings. Maybe if you feel insecure and need others than that is fine. And yes you have proven yourself to be a uninformed idiot. But mainly becuase you rely on sterotypes as well as Chuboy. Try not to rely on them, grow up a bit, and who knows.
So what you're saying is i'm an uninformed idiot just because I disagree with you?

Just becuase you are top of your class does not mean you are smart in all things.
True, but I can't say you're any smarter.

I really could care less what your friend thinks. How about not bringing other people into your argument to justify your point.
Well that wouldn't weork with you, would it?

See it isn't my job to prove you're bigoted mind right or wrong. Only you can do that. If you want to be a backwards bigot then that is your decision. No one elses.
Yeeha! The Redneck's pretty p***** cause I don't like America! Look out!

But you know what? You know what I find absolutely freaking halarious, is that in this debate, the only way you can even try to claim victory is for it to be 3 on 1. The only way for it to be a fair fight is for it to be 3 on 1. And you want to talk about the greatness of australians, when you guys would get your asses kicked in a simple 1 on 1 debate. That is pretty pathetic.
Atleast it means that more people are on my side than yours. :p

See I could, but then again you guys have yet to put up any valid points.
We have so, and we've put up quite a few. But you disregard them with pro-American points which I only consider empty arguments lacking evidence.

So you are saying I do not have a right to defend my country? If so then this isn't a debate and should be closed.
You have a right, just like I have a right to call you a Texas Redneck like you really are.

Aww getting your feelings hurt becuase I have refuted all your points and you ended up being a cheerleader? I feel so bad for you.
Yes well I'd feel bad for myself too, except the problem is, cheerleaders sit on the sidelines the whole time, and i'm up here and arguing. So I can't give my country a little support?

BigLutz said:
Second, you have to understand the pure hatred
Pure hatrid? At the start of my first post here I said I don't mind america, and then I out down my points. Also:
May's Brother said:
My friend calls your country worthless, but hell I don't agree. Without the existence of the United states, the world would be a lot worse.

I just want you to listen and think about it for a second. I'm thinking about what you type, and I was actually listening to you, until you called me an uninformed idiot.

Excuse me? You are just outraged because we disagree with you! Just because we don't like america and we are put on topic posts arguing why, you have to tell a mod it is out of hand. Listen, that is your main problem. You may asrgue otherwise, but you think America is perfect, and we argue against your perfect country, you tell a mod to come and keep an eye on the topic. However, some of your posts have been just as disgusting and offensive as ours are. Your not the innocent one in this debate.

Geez.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned

You're reaction is basically that of a uninformed backwards idiot.

So what you're saying is i'm an uninformed idiot just because I disagree with you?

No becuase of the way you have presented your argument, your reliance on sterotypes, and basically the manner in which you act.

True, but I can't say you're any smarter.

Never said I was, then again I do not need to prove my intelligence.

Well that wouldn't weork with you, would it?

Okay what? Now you are making absolutely no sense.

Yeeha! The Redneck's pretty p***** cause I don't like America! Look out!

And thus proving my point about how much of a bigot you are.

Atleast it means that more people are on my side than yours. :p

Last time I checked this is a debate, not a popularity contest.

We have so, and we've put up quite a few. But you disregard them with pro-American points which I only consider empty arguments lacking evidence.

Funny I could say the same about your points, infact this whole post so far that you have put up has been empty of arguments from the actual debate on America.

You have a right, just like I have a right to call you a Texas Redneck like you really are.

So you are throwing out a insult, becuase I proved my point that I have a right to argue my point. How very small of you.

Yes well I'd feel bad for myself too, except the problem is, cheerleaders sit on the sidelines the whole time, and i'm up here and arguing. So I can't give my country a little support?

Look at your post, you have not mentioned the current topic once, this whole post has nothing to even do with the debate. You're basically a cheerleader. If you want to debate then actually post with the actual debate!

Pure hatrid? At the start of my first post here I said I don't mind america, and then I out down my points. Also:

You can make those posts about your "Friend" but so far, you have shown me that you are nothing but a bigot that is full of hatred.

I just want you to listen and think about it for a second. I'm thinking about what you type, and I was actually listening to you, until you called me an uninformed idiot.

So far you have shown no understanding of what I have said, infact you still do not understand it after I have proven you wrong.

Excuse me? You are just outraged because we disagree with you! Just because we don't like america and we are put on topic posts arguing why, you have to tell a mod it is out of hand. Listen, that is your main problem. You may asrgue otherwise, but you think America is perfect, and we argue against your perfect country, you tell a mod to come and keep an eye on the topic. However, some of your posts have been just as disgusting and offensive as ours are. Your not the innocent one in this debate.

The reason I have brought a mod in here is becuase of two reasons that have now spured into three. Republican c0cksucker, f*ck you, and now Texas Redneck. You can look at my posts and find nothing has come up close to being as disgusting as any of those three things. Not to mention as proven by your post, you have gone off topic and resorted to flaming. So hopefully Eszett will bring some peace to this debate, and moderate it so that we can keep it clean.

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
You wonder why I flame? Because you are just as stubborn as I. I was aware that that post had nothing to do with the argument, but I only posted that because you were annoying.

Also, no-one called you a republican c0cksuck. Chucboy said you were acting like one. I said F*ck you because I am not an uninformed backwards idiot and I was already in a bad mood at the time. And I called you a Texas Redneck because your carrying on about america like you are one. Can you see any fault with your country? If you can say one thing that doesn't make you look like you think your country is perfect, I will show a lot more restraint and in either case I will do my best not to start a flame war.
Like I said before:
May's Brother said:
You are just outraged because we disagree with you! Just because we don't like america and we are put on topic posts arguing why, you have to tell a mod it is out of hand. Listen, that is your main problem. You may asrgue otherwise, but you think America is perfect, and we argue against your perfect country, you tell a mod to come and keep an eye on the topic. However, some of your posts have been just as disgusting and offensive as ours are. Your not the innocent one in this debate
Please, your acting like everything is our fault. You're just as annoying as we are. You're not the innocent one in this debate. If a mod comes, just because you invited him/her does not mean they'll ignore all the outrageous stuff you post.

Back on topic, I still dislike America because as already stated, they are the World police which no-one asked for. And sorry Babylon but I'm not talking about WW2, although congratulations America for showing restraint until pearl harbour.
The main reason why people dislike America is because they think they abuse the power they have. I for example, don't know why you have to start so many wars on the other side of the world. Keeping peace is the UNs job, and the United states is acting like the UN doesn't matter. Keeping peace or being the 'world police' as it is so often called is the United Nation's job, and America and all countries should only invade/stage war on them unless the county they are fighting is risking danger to the public.
Granted, I think your going to backlash with "we had to invade-they flew planes into our buildings!"
Anyway, have fun fighting Iraq, Iran and all the other countries that you think are bad.

BigLutz

Banned
You wonder why I flame? Because you are just as stubborn as I.

That isn't a excuse

Also, no-one called you a republican c0cksuck. Chucboy said you were acting like one.

Not a excuse, it should not have been posted.

I said F*ck you because I am not an uninformed backwards idiot and I was already in a bad mood at the time.

Again not a excuse.

And I called you a Texas Redneck because your carrying on about america like you are one.

Not a excuse to flame becuase of my view point.

Can you see any fault with your country? If you can say one thing that doesn't make you look like you think your country is perfect, I will show a lot more restraint and in either case I will do my best not to start a flame war.

The creation of a welfare state, right now our country has created a entire class of people that live off the Government, they know nothing outside of getting money from our government, and the stupidity of our generocity toward these people is causing us to lose billions of tax payers dollars, just becuase people do not want to work.

Please, your acting like everything is our fault. You're just as annoying as we are. You're not the innocent one in this debate. If a mod comes, just because you invited him/her does not mean they'll ignore all the outrageous stuff you post.

Never said they would, I want a mod in here to moderate, clearly both you and Chuboy need it.

Back on topic, I still dislike America because as already stated, they are the World police which no-one asked for.

Then please, step up, some one, step up. Austrailia doesn't like it, then they should take over. The UN doesn't like it then they should take over. Here is a test, if you think America shouldn't handle the world's problems, then some one handle Darfur. There you go, fix that problem, start with a easy on and then move to others. At that rate America will gladly remove our troops from harms way and allow others to take the risk.

The main reason why people dislike America is because they think they abuse the power they have. I for example, don't know why you have to start so many wars on the other side of the world. Keeping peace is the UNs job, and the United states is acting like the UN doesn't matter. Keeping peace or being the 'world police' as it is so often called is the United Nation's job, and America and all countries should only invade/stage war on them unless the county they are fighting is risking danger to the public.

Problem is the UN does a horrible job at it, America would be glad to take a hands off approach to the world's problems. But do not come *****ing to us when it blows up in your face. Also when those nations start to effect us, such as Afghanistan and 9/11, and Iraq possibly working with Al Qaeda. At that point we have a right to step in, becuase at that point it is the UN's ignorance, the UN's blindness to let the situation get that far. And we have every right in the world to step in and protect ourselves.

And you know what? If it was your country, if you were facing this type of enemy, you would be doing the exact same thing.

Last edited:

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
The creation of a welfare state, right now our country has created a entire class of people that live off the Government, they know nothing outside of getting money from our government, and the stupidity of our generocity toward these people is causing us to lose billions of tax payers dollars, just becuase people do not want to work.
Ok...

Never said they would, I want a mod in here to moderate, clearly both you and Chuboy need it.
I have only got 1 infraction in my three years here, and we're just on topic. People tend to get agressive during debates. I know it from personal experience. (No, not this debate)

Then please, step up, some one, step up. Austrailia doesn't like it, then they should take over. The UN doesn't like it then they should take over. Here is a test, if you think America shouldn't handle the world's problems, then some one handle Darfur. There you go, fix that problem, start with a easy on and then move to others. At that rate America will gladly remove our troops from harms way and allow others to take the risk.
There is no need for any country to be the world police. No-one wants the job and no-one wanted anyone else to take the job.

Problem is the UN does a horrible job at it, America would be glad to take a hands off approach to the world's problems.
To be honest I highly dought your government would like to do that- yet. But I am aware of the American pblics views of 'peace' but once again many want Iraq to blow up, unlike what you said, after 9/11, a lot of people think war is the answer. And to be perfectly honest, i'm fine with war, granted that my country doesn't go everywhere and anywhere they please just for little reasons. Well, I guess 9/11 was a big reason. :rolleyes:

At that point we have a right to step in, becuase at that point it is the UN's ignorance, the UN's blindness to let the situation get that far. And we have every right in the world to step in and protect ourselves.
Well that is true, but your war in Iraq is abot bringing peace to it and give it a decent government, not pety revenge for 9/11. Yet the soldiers continue firing at women and children and you act as if its 'all in the name of progress.'
And you know what? If it was your country, if you were facing this type of enemy, you would be doing the exact same thing.
We would if they flew a plane into the Sydney harbour bridge or Parliament house. But we wouldn't if it was just about saving women and children who don't want us there and our goal was none of our buisness.

But I apologise for getting out of hand in this debate. I shouldn't have gotten so 'outrageous' and for that I apologise. I will try and make my debates more sensible but i must warn you- I may still get a little agressive.

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
And sorry Babylon but I'm not talking about WW2, although congratulations America for showing restraint until pearl harbour.

Letting an entire continent overseas go to hell is a good thing?

The main reason why people dislike America is because they think they abuse the power they have. I for example, don't know why you have to start so many wars on the other side of the world. Keeping peace is the UNs job, and the United states is acting like the UN doesn't matter.

Well, we really aren't in a war right now. The actual war with Sadaam and the Iraqi army only lasted about two weeks. We are occupying Iraq right now fighting Islamic insurgents so we can keep the goverment stable. As far as the U.N. goes, let's be honest. They really aren't good at doing their job. Oh, but they debate alright. Rwanda and Darfur only mud the reputation of the U.N. further. My point is, simply because the U.N. is not doing its job properly, does that mean the world should just sit by and watch everything go to hell?

Keeping peace or being the 'world police' as it is so often called is the United Nation's job, and America and all countries should only invade/stage war on them unless the county they are fighting is risking danger to the public.
Granted, I think your going to backlash with "we had to invade-they flew planes into our buildings!"

9/11 wasn't the reason we went to war bud. We went to war because Sadaam was expected to have WMD's. Whether he had them or not is up for debate, don' get me wrong but the reason our nation chooses to go to war should be factual.

Anyway, have fun fighting Iraq, Iran and all the other countries that you think are bad.

You do realize that Australia is our ally in this correct? They helped us take down the regime in Iraq. Your goverment is just as guilty as ours. We are not alone in the war on terror. Britain, Australia, Japan, all have troops in Iraq. Even Germany has troops stationed in Aghanistan. Why is it no one voices their complaints about them? After all, they did have a choice whether to follow the U.S. or not. Yet you only voice complaint towards the U.S. This does not make much sense.

BigLutz

Banned
I have only got 1 infraction in my three years here, and we're just on topic. People tend to get agressive during debates. I know it from personal experience. (No, not this debate)

There is aggressivness, and there is the line some of you have crossed. Personally I would rather have a mod looking around to make sure things stay civil.

There is no need for any country to be the world police. No-one wants the job and no-one wanted anyone else to take the job.

Yeah there needs to be a country that steps up, takes initative, and leads the others. We have alot of problems happening in this world right now, and we need some one to step up and take care of them, to lead the others. If not then it will just allow those problems to continue.

To be honest I highly dought your government would like to do that- yet.

Actually we would love to, there is a reason why Americans and the American President views the UN as a failed orginiaztion and wants to pull out. Becuase we end up having to do their job.

But I am aware of the American pblics views of 'peace' but once again many want Iraq to blow up, unlike what you said, after 9/11, a lot of people think war is the answer.

With Afghanistan, war was the answer.

Well that is true, but your war in Iraq is abot bringing peace to it and give it a decent government, not pety revenge for 9/11. Yet the soldiers continue firing at wmen and children and you act as if its 'all just in progress.'

As I have said before, those that fire at women and children usually go to trial, the marines have their hands tied in war situations, and that is why we were losing for years in Iraq. As for the reasons to getting into Iraq, there are many, one was WMDs, another becuase of their Government, another was becuase of their connections we were told about with Al Qaeda. There isn't just one cause for why we went.

We would if they flew a plane into the Sydney harbour bridge or Parliament house. But we wouldn't if it was just about saving women and children who don't want us there and our goal was none of our buisness.

So if your Government was being told the group that flew a plane into the Parliament House was working with a Government that had WMDs, and was trying to obtain nukes. You would do nothing? No of course not, you would work your asses off to stop that from happening, and if the UN wasn't willing to work to stop it, then you would go in yourself.

Also mind you those people wanted us there, or have you forgotten the uprising Saddam brought down when we promised to go in after the Gulf War. Or how people were cheering the troops as we entered towns?

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
There is aggressivness, and there is the line some of you have crossed. Personally I would rather have a mod looking around to make sure things stay civil.
May's brother said:
But I apologise for getting out of hand in this debate. I shouldn't have gotten so 'outrageous' and for that I apologise. I will try and make my debates more sensible but i must warn you- I may still get a little agressive.

Yeah there needs to be a country that steps up, takes initative, and leads the others. We have alot of problems happening in this world right now, and we need some one to step up and take care of them, to lead the others. If not then it will just allow those problems to continue.
While that may be true, half the world disagrees with it.

Actually we would love to, there is a reason why Americans and the American President views the UN as a failed orginiaztion and wants to pull out. Becuase we end up having to do their job.
You guys are pulling out? Good on ya! [/non sarcasim]

As I have said before, those that fire at women and children usually go to trial, the marines have their hands tied in war situations, and that is why we were losing for years in Iraq. As for the reasons to getting into Iraq, there are many, one was WMDs, another becuase of their Government, another was becuase of their connections we were told about with Al Qaeda. There isn't just one cause for why we went.
I already knew the trial part. But once again your argument has not convinced me that the US should have went to Iraq. If they were so worried about Al Qaeda, just get 'em instead, don't take it out on the people of Iraq. Yes there government was a problem- too, but that wasn't really the US's buisness, was it?

So if your Government was being told the group that flew a plane into the Parliament House was working with a Government that had WMDs, and was trying to obtain nukes. You would do nothing? No of course not, you would work your asses off to stop that from happening, and if the UN wasn't willing to work to stop it, then you would go in yourself.
Now i'm worried that america's gonna try and take over the world :eek:

Also mind you those people wanted us there, or have you forgotten the uprising Saddam brought down when we promised to go in after the Gulf War. Or how people were cheering the troops as we entered towns?
That's not what the news says :rolleyes: I here about the public rebelling against the US army, not praising them. Where is the proof of that claim?

Babylon said:
You do realize that Australia is our ally in this correct? They helped us take down the regime in Iraq. Your goverment is just as guilty as ours. We are not alone in the war on terror. Britain, Australia, Japan, all have troops in Iraq. Even Germany has troops stationed in Aghanistan. Why is it no one voices their complaints about them? After all, they did have a choice whether to follow the U.S. or not. Yet you only voice complaint towards the U.S. This does not make much sense

Actually our old government was pretty crappy. Howard didn't do a good job- (but was an ok prime-minister), and he was a puppet to whatever George told him to do. With our new government, where gettin' the hell out of Iraq as soon as November. We no longer want a part of the war.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
While that may be true, half the world disagrees with it.

Well half of the world wants to burry their head in the sand and say "It's not my problem". Mind you the mindset of it being "It's not my problem". Has given rise to some of the greatest evil of our time.

You guys are pulling out? Good on ya! [/non sarcasim]

Seeing how the UN basically cannot survive with out the US's money and troops, good luck with what ever is left of it.

I already knew the trial part. But once again your argument has not convinced me that the US should have went to Iraq. If they were so worried about Al Qaeda, just get 'em instead, don't take it out on the people of Iraq. Yes there government was a problem- too, but that wasn't really the US's buisness, was it?

That Government was the one possibly supplying Al Qaeda, as long as it existed, as long as it continued to being the most misbehaving regime in the Middle East, it would prove to be a threat to the United States.

Now i'm worried that america's gonna try and take over the world :eek:

How about come up with a real rebuttle.

That's not what the news says :rolleyes: I here about the public rebelling against the US army, not praising them. Where is the proof of that claim?

Well want the biggest piece of proof? Remember when Saddam's statue was pulled down? Remember the celebration going on that US troops had already arrived? We were greated as liberators when it came to that country.

It may not seem like that now, but mind you for the past 4 years we have had a very failed stratgey in Iraq. It wasn't till last year that we finally started to get it right. And you know what happened? The Iraqi People came to the US in droves to tell us where Al Qaeda terrorists were hiding.

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
The funny part is is that your ignoring my apology. I'm actually trying to say sorry for my behavior!
May's brother said:
That Government was the one possibly supplying Al Qaeda, as long as it existed, as long as it continued to being the most misbehaving regime in the Middle East, it would prove to be a threat to the United States.
Then just nuke it if you hate it that much. Isn't that what you guys do for everything? *cough*

Well want the biggest piece of proof? Remember when Saddam's statue was pulled down? Remember the celebration going on that US troops had already arrived? We were greated as liberators when it came to that country.
I remember the Saddam statue thingie. But you just repeated yourself with the celebration part and I don't remember that. I just remember the aussie soldier who got shot in the head.

It may not seem like that now, but mind you for the past 4 years we have had a very failed stratgey in Iraq.
you got that right!
It wasn't till last year that we finally started to get it right. And you know what happened? The Iraqi People came to the US in droves to tell us where Al Qaeda terrorists were hiding.

Well atleast they're doing some good. I never said you didn't make a difference, but that could've happebed a lot earlier if your government actually thought of a game plan before sending hundreds of toops to Iraq.

BigLutz

Banned
The funny part is is that your ignoring my apology. I'm actually trying to say sorry for my behavior!

Sorry I just wanted to continue on.

Then just nuke it if you hate it that much. Isn't that what you guys do for everything? *cough*

That is a bit of a over dramatization, taking over Iraq would provide less loss of lives than a nuke. Especially since Iraq and Afghanistan were both wanting a change of government.

I remember the Saddam statue thingie. But you just repeated yourself with the celebration part and I don't remember that. I just remember the aussie soldier who got shot in the head.

Here is the CNN report of it to jog your memory.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/09/sprj.irq.int.war.main1400/index.html

The statue in Firdos Square fell after a small group of Iraqis climbed the monument and wrapped a rope around its neck. A group of Marines then backed an armored vehicle up to the monument, attached a chain to the statue and pulled it down.

In the northern city of Erbil, Iraqis threw confetti, waved flags and streamers and flashed the "V" sign. Motorists honked their horns, people danced in the street and children cheered as crowds formed an impromptu parade

you got that right!

And we have corrected it.

Well atleast they're doing some good. I never said you didn't make a difference, but that could've happebed a lot earlier if your government actually thought of a game plan before sending hundreds of toops to Iraq.

You are right, it would have. But you know what almost all wars have in common? The Governments use out dated war tactics each and every time.

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
That is a bit of a over dramatization, taking over Iraq would provide less loss of lives than a nuke. Especially since Iraq and Afghanistan were both wanting a change of government.
I was joking.

Here is the CNN report of it to jog your memory.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/09/sprj.irq.int.war.main1400/index.html

The statue in Firdos Square fell after a small group of Iraqis climbed the monument and wrapped a rope around its neck. A group of Marines then backed an armored vehicle up to the monument, attached a chain to the statue and pulled it down.
Suppose I don't have to argue with that.

In the northern city of Erbil, Iraqis threw confetti, waved flags and streamers and flashed the "V" sign. Motorists honked their horns, people danced in the street and children cheered as crowds formed an impromptu parade.
Atleast America made someone happy.

And we have corrected it.
True, but 4 years is a long time for innocent people at risk to wait, isn't it?

You are right, it would have. But you know what almost all wars have in common? The Governments use out dated war tactics each and every time.

Because they were asked to be there. I mean Austrlaia or New Zealand isn't going to take over the US's war, are they? No. They were invited and since their governments sent them there they'll do what their allies advise them to. if it was Australia's war and the US sent itself over, they might be courtieous enough to listen what we planned to do, unless they decide to take over, which they almost certainly would.

EDIT: Woot! Rank up for the second time in a week!

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
True, but 4 years is a long time for innocent people at risk to wait, isn't it?

Well mind you we have never ever delt with a Insurgency like that before. Especially when Al Qaeda got involved in 04. No one had any freaking idea what to do. Thankfully General Petraus was able to come up with a Counter Insurgency proposal that when put into effect returned alot of normalcy to Iraq.

they might be courtieous enough to listen what we planned to do, unless they decide to take over, which they almost certainly would.

You realize you have nothing to back that up with right? If Austrailia and New Zealand asked America to come over and help with a problem. We would gladly do it, and go where they would tell us to go, and work with their commanders. Look at Britain in Iraq, they were tasked with taking care of much of southern Iraq. They were given a area large enough that it would be addiquite for the military might they had, and America was pretty hands off with them. I would think Austrailia would be the same way.

bowspearer

Well half of the world wants to burry their head in the sand and say "It's not my problem". Mind you the mindset of it being "It's not my problem". Has given rise to some of the greatest evil of our time.

WRONG! The rest of the world has the good sense to assume the rest of the world does not work the way the US does and not go blindly and arrogantly blundering in there and make things worse!

Case in point- if your president wasn't such a redneck hick, he would have had the good sense to read up on the modern history of Iraq. A simple 1 hour read would have told him that in 1918 because of the British and ultimatley Brittish Jews (go ahead and call me an anti-semite but all you'll prove is what an anti-muslim, anti arab, zionist supremacist you are), 4 very different and violently opposed tribes were forced to live in a confined space under one rule despite the fact that at least 2 of the groups were violently opposed to one another. As a result there are two options for peace- have all factions having an equal say or rule them all under an iron fist.

Say what you like about Sadam, but at the end of the day he understood this.

The Coalition of Cultural oppression on the other hand a) had no idea because they were a stupid redneck (Bush), b) were too up themselves and cowardly to admit they'd let their Jewish Aristocracy run roughshod over them in WW1 (Blair) and had fundamentally screwed up the Middle East as a result and c) were too busy kissing a's *** for a free trade argeement they let themselves get screwed over on anyway (Howard)!

As a result they simply blundered in there and forced a western democracy on a country where it was unworkable. What was the result- Sunis rising up be the hundreds because they feared retribution and suni death squads sponsored by the shiite majority govt- and every one of the deaths they caused is blood on the coalition's hands. But the US would argue they thery try to help and honestly believe their own press. They think they were the heroes of Vietnam when they contributed to the initial rise of communism and destabilised Cambodia enough for one of the biggest butchers in modern history to come to power (Pol Pot).

This is the problem- they try to make the rest of the world into them without bothering to ever take the proper amount of time to understand the culture's they're impacting on. The old saying used to be "as arrogant as a frenchmen"; now it's "as arrogant as an american".

Seeing how the UN basically cannot survive with out the US's money and troops, good luck with what ever is left of it.

Latin League anyone? ;)

Yet interviews with the insurgents say while they were glad Saddam had gone, you'd just swapped one set of problems for another on them.

Last edited:

The_Panda

恭喜發財
BigLutz said:

BigLutz, though I agree with you on many points, I don't think it is right at all to say that it's "pure disgusting hatred" and all. There's a difference between anti-Americanism, where you can oppose the political views and culture of a country, and pure hatred. You're over-reacting BigLutz. I oppose many aspects of America, it's current government's look on foreign policy, it's general attitude and approach to it's people, and the ultra-conservative and backwards culture, but it's not what you would call "pure hatred" but rather criticism. Sure there are some comments here that do overstep the line, but I highly doubt either Chuboy or May's Brother have any sort of pure hatred. Bowspearer can say the government caused the incidents of the eleventh of September, Chuboy could say they should have invaded Japan, but ultimately, there is no such thing as an objective "fact" (rather we assume it's objective) and this results in many people having different or the same opinions. Some people may choose to interpret what is assumed as fact differently, some people don't regard it as fact at all. But just because someone has and wants to express their opinion on what they regard as fact doesn't mean they hold "pure hatred". There's a fine line between saying "America is a bad country" as many would say or "America should not have done this", and "I absolutely hate America, it's people and everything it stands for". Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they have hatred. You're over-reacting - I understand you're very patriotic and you do want to defend your country, but keep in mind other people have their opinions and they are entitled to them. And these opinions don't have to solicit hatred (if I wanted to follow this logic, I could dig up a large number of posts by you which I could use to "accuse" you of hatred of China). So just take a step back from your keyboard, calm down, and deal with the material in your opponents posts rather than complain about what you think you can deduce about their character.

Babylon said:

Really I think there's a difference between a "World Police" as what we are seemingly headed to and a defensive interventionist policy so to speak. I definitely do not oppose interventions in countries like Afghanistan after the Taliban refused to hand over Osama Bin Laden, Iraq in the First Gulf War, intervention in Europe, et cetera. However intervention often steps over the line when it's highly speculative (as the Second Gulf War was, most likely Saddam didn't have WMD's then, and they should have deposed him in 1991 anyway), or when you are more or less acting on your own accord when the people of the country clearly don't want you. Vietnam is a case in point - the people of Vietnam voted to unite as a Communist nation in 1954. And what happens? Even when the elections are monitored and declared legal by international observers the corrupt regime in the south refused to acknowledge them calling upon US support. In such cases clearly we shouldn't have intervened. Take a more relevant example, Iran. At the current time the military should only be used as a bargaining chip, and our intelligence is again speculative. While we can suspect they are trying to develop an atomic bomb, we don't know. Intelligence is not absolute either, it can be wrong - as shown by the absence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I don't want a repeat of Iraq, where we invade a country, whose leader has been elected, upon false grounds (though about Iraq, just because the war was wrong in the first place isn't a valid reason for withdrawal). Quite simply taking it all in your power to act as a "World Police", invading other countries because of some position taken by their leader, or on suspicions not validated enough would be a great strain on the economy (imagine a few more Iraqs!) and probably result in a great distabilisation of world order.

Regan

Banned
People dislike you because your basicly the balls of the world. No one questions America.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
No becuase
A: The utterly pathetic way you are arguing.

B: Becuase of your reliance on sterotypes and insults.
If you were confused about why I left the debate earlier, you have answered your own question. I concentrate on forming coherent, sensible arguments (as proven by some members noting them specifically), and you simply palm them off with "that's pathetic because (silence); or some other form of unrelated and invalid response. Then, you claim victory because you drive your opponents away out of sheer ignorance and stubbornness. That is not a victory. You just refuse to listen to our consistently repeated arguments for such a period of time that we find it pointless to continue the debate.

See it isn't my job to prove you're bigoted mind right or wrong. Only you can do that. If you want to be a backwards bigot then that is your decision. No one elses.
You misunderstand. I would LOVE to think that nobody behaves exactly the way their stereotype dictates, but you have proven repeatedly that this is not the case. If you still don't understand me, I am saying you are the Texan stereotype in human form. I can back that up with quotes from your posts, not just because you're from Texas.

That is fine, if you do not want it then that is utterly fine with the United States. How about the United Nations actually work to fix this world. They cannot fix one simple genocide that has gone on for 5 years. They couldn't fix Iraq, they are having troubles over simple sanctions over Iran, and they turned a blind eye to Afghanistan. Even worse they cannot even fix the Palestine/Isreal issue. So how about the UN proves itself, and step up, and the US will back down.
Just because the UN isn't doing it the same way that USA would doesn't mean it isn't doing anything at all. Violence and death isn't ALWAYS the answer you know :rolleyes:

I really do not need support when it comes to my arguments. Especially if it comes in the form of you.
I appreciate the support also, though I do not rely on it. But thanks for the insult, I would invite I mod to the thread to 'moderate the outrageous insulting which goes beyond aggressive' but luckily you have taken the liberty to do so already.

That is a pretty big stretch, just becuase I am justifying some very stupid arguments does not mean that I believe there is nothing bad about America. Mainly since I live here, I get a perspective on things that are bad, that a outside observer like yourself probably shrugs off or has not seen.
Alright then, since this is a debate about the problems of America, and you are so adamant that you don't believe America is perfect, then name problems with it. Name some REAL things that would make people hate America.

And just because I don't live in America doesn't mean I don't have a perspective on it. Obviously, it's a different perspective. But I suppose in line with your approach to life: if it isn't your perspective, it isn't a perspective at all.

See the thing is the same can be said for your sources as well. But just for the sake of argument I did do some research on Outfoxed. So far things do not seem too promising seeing how they seeked out to find 10 old employees out of 2,000 that were burned, as well as had a decidedly liberal slant as the Washinton post puts it.
The Washington Post is not a Liberal source. If a Liberal person admitted that x source was Liberal, then that would be valid. But otherwise, you can always put the response down to someones political opinion.

I mean really, anyone can say "Your source isn't valid because I think it's right-wing". It doesn't consititute a rebuttal (not a valid one anyway).

I do not need to view either to know what each says. Outfoxed is a Liberal video built on showing that Fox News has a right wing slant. Loose Change is a video made by idiots to show that 9/11 was a conspiracy. Both do not need to be viewed to provide a full rebuttle.
Great, you know what they're about. But how can your refute the individual facts stated by each source unless you watch it?

Never said Gave Up, I said that as long as prices for heroin out price the money the Government is giving out for food crops, the starving farmers will choose heroin.
Here's what economical genius Bush should have done then: subsidised more money. The Bush Administration has spent hundreds of billions 'bringing peace and stability to Iraq' through warfare, why can't they do the same to farmers in Afghanistan in the form of money so they will grow food?

Ahh and there you go, you claim the money ends back up in America becuase of donations. When not only your article just mentions "Western Countries". But it also mentions nothing about donations. Part of the money of course will be recycled when it comes to things like the payment of translators that go over there, private workers, money paid to corperations like Haliburton for their services, and etc. I still see nothing about donations by the Afghanistan Government.
Are you serious? Why on Earth would Afghanistan donate its aid money back to the donor countries? That's preposterous! No, I meant that too much of aid money donated by x country ends up back in x country, which is not an effective approach.

Care to explain, one is about the Geneva Convention and events on the battlefield. The other is about personal protection and the ability to change the Government if the public feels so.
If being able to maim people during wartime is barely justifiable under the Geneva convention, then why is it sensible that it be legal for any person in America to hold a weapon at any time?

No you are pathetic for putting up a failed argument.
In your opinion, my argument is pathetic. Therefore, in your opinion, I am pathetic. But if my pathetic posts are receiving praise from independent members, then why aren't your glorious words being worshipped by everybody?

So suddenly I justify the entire American Public? Mind you the news services have their own teams in Iraq. It isn't the Government filming things, it is the news companies themselves. Also becuase of the filming of bad events in Iraq, support for the was has dropped to what 40%?
But you said that the news was designed to lower the support for the war, and you gave reasons why. But you support the war even more now! How can that be?

No, you certainly do not represent the whole American public. I would be VERY worried if you did; my point is that if the media is as effective as you say it is as getting people against the War then why are you not against it?

And yet we still have never seen things that the US Military is doing to help the civilians, something that could raise support for the war. Oh the Censorship!

No, the News Companies are only showing the bad stuff. So far there is no evidence of this censorship you claim.
Rofl!! Here's your sentence, reworded.

"The media obviously isn't censored, we only get to see bad things!"

Becuase of the past history of the past few years, where news gets out when Governments are trying to keep it from getting out. Look at the Prince Harry in Afghanistan news. The British Government worked with News Agencies to try and keep it from getting out, but in the end it made it's way to the blogs. Why? Becuase in this day in age of Blogs and 24 hour News Channels, news will get out no matter what.
How can anybody find out that there is news they aren't supposed to hear, if they never get to hear it?

That is exactly what is happening and it is really kind of sad, other countries have gotten to the mind set of "Well the US says its a priority then they will take care of it." But if you really want us to stop meddling, then really, start taking care of the world. What is keeping the nations of the world from doing so? It isn't the US, so what is stopping them from going and taking care of places like Afghanistan and Darfur.
Have you heard of the Stolen Generation? It was the result of a government who decided to take unrelated matters into its own hands, and decided to 'help' families who made no such requests.

First I do not have to go and fight the war to support it. And while those deaths are tragic, in the end they do serve the greater cause of bringing a democracy and peace to Iraq. Yes each death is horrible, especially the deaths of children, but in war time, those deaths do happen. It is horrible and it is tragic, and God knows every person on this planet wishes to avoid the deaths of children. But this is the real world, and those things happen in war time.
Does that make them right? You don't hesistate to call me inconsiderate or whatever, and here you are saying that everybody who dies during a war has no reason to be upset by it.

If the Eritrean government decided to go to war with America and your family ended up maimed or dead from it, would you be concerned at all? Or would you just accept that it was the for the better and move on with no complaint?

You will actually find that US Marines have alot of restrictions placed on them when it comes to firing while civilians are in the area. We have marines on trial right now for breaking those restrictions.
So my argument in this area wins and your rebuttal is moot. America goes around with reckless disregard killing all those in its path, much like the people you endless chase after.

There would be even more than two cities knocked down flat if we invaded. The Japanese had shown that they believed the Americans were monsters and willing to die before being captured. As shown in the mass suicide of the Battle of Okinawa. Not to mention fighting from house to house in close combat would have provided even more civilian cassuties. As well as the bombing and mortor attacks of Japan during the invasion would have totally desimated the country.

There is a reason why military estimates were placing the casulty list around 400,000 to 500,000.
Wait a minute, you are saying the US army is SO incompetent that it cannot invade a country without killing 500000 innocent people and destroying two cities? Well maybe it shouldn't be responsible for looking after the world's affairs then (its self-appointed job).

The reason why I said you cannot compare war time to peace time, is that during wars, there are things that happen to bring about the end of wars. The fire bombings of Japan, the nuking of Japan, the utter destruction of France. They are horrible things that happen, but are the effects brought about by war. During peace time you have no excuse for hurting civilians to that effect, you have no excuse to test chemical weapons on your own populous as Saddam did, or to abduct children and force them to train for the military as seen in both Iraq and Afghanistan. There can be found needs for that in war time, although disgusting uses of it. But during peace time there is absolutely no excuse.
Oh god. I seriously think you have gone beyond reason now. You are nothing but a gun-head with a mind about as narrow as my leg hair.

You at least acknowledge that what happens during wars is horrible, but amazingly, you do not think that wars are an unnecessary cause of suffering. You seem to think that wars are great, a wonderful answer to any dilemma, whatever the destruction that results. But if the same thing is done in peace time, well that's just a sin.

Your logic astounds me (and not in a good way).

First both cities were legitimate military targets. Second the US had three options at the time, invade and cost hundreds of thousands of lives. Drop two nukes and take less lives although destroy two cities, or put in a blockage cause millions to starve and bring about a full surrender that way. Which version do you think is best?
None of them. In my opinion, the best option is to solve the problem diplomatically and without any form of violence. Your assumption that violent tactics are the only answer ever just reinforces my reason to believe that you are a war-head with no consideration to non-US life.

First becuase America was not at war with Al Qaeda at the time, they did that attack during peace time. Second the World Trade Center had no military significance to it, while those two Japanese cities did. Third the attack on the World Trade Center did not bring about the end to any war, or save lives. Al Qaeda was not in a position to invade the United States, they did not have a decision to make in what would ultimately bring about the end of the war with the least amount of casulties. The US on the other hand did.
Sorry, but how exactly did wiping out two whole cities save more lives than doing nothing? I don't believe what al Qaeda did to America is right, thus it follows that I also don't believe what America did to Japan is right. "It's war time" is not an excuse to kill anything and everything in sight. It just isn't.

If you remove the war-time facade that you're hiding behind, then what aQ did to the WTC is exactly like what America did to Japan, except instead of killing a few thousands it was a few ten thousands, and instead of destroying two buildings it was destroying two cities.

We pressured Iraq to change it's ways becuase of the problems it presented to the middle east, both to the weapons it harbored, and the possible use of those weapons on civilians. Until Saudi Arabia graduates to Iraq style crimes, it is not the biggest priority. Maybe the rest of the world, could, well you know, step up and take care of Saudi Arabia though, pressure them fully to change their ways. I mean you want to say that America shouldn't do everything. So why not do this one thing?
I want to say America does nothing more than anyone else. YOU say that America should do everything because no one else will. So, why is there a complete lack if women's rights in Saudi Arabia? Why is there a problem even there are US troops there.

Gasp, the initial diplomatic tactics haven't worked, BOMB THE SH1T OUT OF THEM.

Ahh the typical argument of "Well if Iraq/Iran cant have nukes, no one can have nukes." Difference is Iraq was under sanctions not to have those weapons, countries like the US, France, Britain, etc have safeguards beyond safeguards on their nuclear weapons to protect them. They will not find their ways into the hands of terrorists, and will not be used on a whim. There is a very good reason why the world did not want Saddam to have nukes. How about you think about that before posting again.
If I remember correctly, the USA is the only country to have EVER killed civilians (or people) with nuclear weapons. With a record like that, you should be last people to be allowed them.

And if these weapons are too dangerous to let Iraq or North Korea or Iran or any other legitimate country have, then no one should be allowed them. Nuclear weapons are too clumsy to use only on military opponents. Using them will surely result in civilian death. The very nature of the way they are effective contravenes the Geneva convention.

Wha? You are complaining about us not treating Iraq as equals in the lead up to the invasion, and now saying we have no reason to treat them equally after the invasion and killing of Saddam. Either you completely did not get my point, or seriously have a reading disorder.
I have a reading disorder? Look at my quote, for a start.

"Therefore, you now have no reason to believe Iraq should not be treated equally."

If you had taken the time to actual pay attention to what I said, you notice I typed the opposite of what you just based your insult on.
But you know what? You know what I find absolutely freaking halarious, is that in this debate, the only way you can even try to claim victory is for it to be 3 on 1. The only way for it to be a fair fight is for it to be 3 on 1. And you want to talk about the greatness of australians, when you guys would get your asses kicked in a simple 1 on 1 debate. That is pretty pathetic.
:rolleyes:

You know what I find hilarious? That you just called us all pathetic losers and a few hours later you have a little cry and call a mod into the debate because we called you arrogant/Republican/redneck.

See I could, but then again you guys have yet to put up any valid points.
If by valid points, you mean points that help to prove your argument correct, then you're right.

MacArthur while a great general, was also a egomaniac nut that would rather spill as much blood as possible than to bring about a hasty end to the war.
Who does he remind me of...

Wanna try that again? It was one of the largest sea ports in Japan, and produced War time materials such as ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials.
Gasp!!!! They produced food too! Did you know food is used in war time?! We should bomb ALL food-producing cities when at war! =/

Whether a military city or not, that does not justify destroying it along with 80000 innocent civilians.

While the Nazi's did a horrible act during the war, do you believe we would look at it as less disgusting if they just decided to do it on a whim outside of war time, or more disgusting?
What the Nazis did was disgusting, full stop. Doesn't matter if it's war time or not, 'war time' is merely a status, just words. It was wrong, no matter how you look at it. So is all murder.

And thus the question is raised, what was the importance of the WTC? If they felt as if they were justified in attacking, which they have all right in feeling that way. What was the strategic importance of attacking the world trade center?
Well, their aim as terrorists was to put fear in the hearts of their enemies (in this case Americans) and it has certainly been proven that they succeeded in this.

Dear me. Pure hatred? I really do think that is a bit of an overstatement. Calm down, BigLutz. We are criticizing your country's ways, that does not constitute pure hatred. But it's probably already too late for us, we'll be on a no-fly list by now :rolleyes:

Also, I said you shouldn't have dropped the atom bomb on Japan. I DIDN'T say you should have invaded. Don't assume that because I'm not A I'm automatically B. I don't think you should have done either.

The entire post
Stop having a sook and get on with the debate. So we disagree with you. Get over it. Just refute the content and ignore the petty insults like the rest of us.

@The_Panda: Thanks for bringing some sensibility back to this debate, it was starting to become more of a b1tch fight than an educated discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.