• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why does everyone think Ash will lose to Cynthia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Cynthia > Paul > Ash.

If Paul (who nearly swept Ash) couldn't beat her Ash certainly won't.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I think he will lose just for the sake of continuing the show. I mean, if he beat her, the writers would still make a way for it to seem like he needs to get stronger but it really wouldn't feel that way anymore because we already seen him beat someone who is pretty much considered a Pokemon Master. Everyone else would just seem unworthy, unless the champ of the next region uses nothing but legendaries.

rocky505

Ash vs Agatha (Agatha)
Ash vs Drake (Drake)
Ash vs Lorelei (Lorelei)

Ash will not win. If he can't beat any Elite Four members he can't beat her.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Because Cynthia is apparently some god mode trainer that can't be defeated at all. No matter how good the trainer, she still wins like it was just a cake walk.

Seriously, I'm one of the few that hates Cynthia. The writers turned her into some unbeatable, smug little ***** that apparently knows everything about the Pokemon world. Even in an unofficial battle, one that would not blemish her rank as Champion in no way, she was made out to be the perfect trainer.

I know that she is a Champion, but she just comes off as smug to me. Even more so than Paul. She walks around and pretends to be humble, but she just comes off as a know-it-all.

I just don't like that just because she is a Champion, that she isn't allowed to lose. But at the same time, she is allowed to utterly destroy anyone who dares to try to take that away from her.

So in a sense I'm rooting for Ash to beat her. Not in an official Elite 4 battle, but an unofficial one like Paul. I say Ash will get as far as Lucien and lose to him. But she will be so impressed by his skills, she challenges him to a battle. And in the end, Ash comes out on top, but promises an official battle in the future.

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
Because Cynthia is awesome. Pure awesomeness.
However if Ash wins, it means he wins by luck.

BM14murph

Master Collector
It's as simple as this:

If Ash wins the pokemon anime as we know it will end and Ash won't be the star anymore it'll be a new guy/girl.

A few of us inclusing myself think it's a possibility

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Because Ash still needs to be a powerfull trainer if he wants to beat Cynthia.

If Cynthia defeated Paul 4-0 (without any problem) and Ash lost to Paul 2-6, that's the difference.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Because Ash still needs to be a powerfull trainer if he wants to beat Cynthia.

If Cynthia defeated Paul 4-0 (without any problem) and Ash lost to Paul 2-6, that's the difference.

To be fair Ash now has an infernape and a torterra and i doubt he's going to use his sinnoh team against cynthia anyway he'll bring back charizard bulbasaur and squirtle for it throw snorlax in and pikachu and then the return of butterfree.......there is the possibillity he could win

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
To be fair Ash now has an infernape and a torterra and i doubt he's going to use his sinnoh team against cynthia anyway he'll bring back charizard bulbasaur and squirtle for it throw snorlax in and pikachu and then the return of butterfree.......there is the possibillity he could win

With his new Sinnoh team he still has no chance but yeah as you said with Charizard, Bulbasaur, Snorlax and Squirtle he can beat her, but I think he first of all needs to beat Lucian and the others if he wants to battle vs Cynthia.

I think he will lose just for the sake of continuing the show. I mean, if he beat her, the writers would still make a way for it to seem like he needs to get stronger but it really wouldn't feel that way anymore because we already seen him beat someone who is pretty much considered a Pokemon Master. Everyone else would just seem unworthy, unless the champ of the next region uses nothing but legendaries.

But Ash defeated Brandon and still carried on as a trainer.
Maybe this time he will win against Cynthia and she will offer him to become a champion and stay in Sinnoh but Ash will say that he wants to travel even more and leave Cynthia as the champion.

Torpoleon

Well if Ash does challenge the Elite 4 and Cynthia, wouldn't he use his reserves as well? Even if he does not, Ash would have Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Buizel and Gible. We've also never seen Ash battling Cynthia although Cynthia is stronger than Paul for now and Paul is a little bit stronger than Ash for now. People think Ash will lose because he should not beat a league. I think that is absurd. Ash never stopped after winning the Orange Islands and he declined becoming a Brain with the incentive to train harder. Ash also has never stressed beating the Elite 4 and Champion in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Besides, what if Ash wins but declines the offer to train harder? Isn't that acceptable?

KomaXD14

If he was smart and used this Team he would have a chance.
Charizard
Staraptor/Pidgeot /Swellow
Pikachu
Snorlax
Sceptile
Buizel/Lapras

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Ash never stopped after winning the Orange Islands and he declined becoming a Brain with the incentive to train harder. Ash also has never stressed beating the Elite 4 and Champion in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Besides, what if Ash wins but declines the offer to train harder? Isn't that acceptable?

This time no, it won't be acceptable. if he wins the league, he needs to try the E4 challenge. if he wins the E4, he should try to battle vs Cynthia. Either way, he will must to train harder.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Ash vs Agatha (Agatha)
Ash vs Drake (Drake)
Ash vs Lorelei (Lorelei)

Ash will not win. If he can't beat any Elite Four members he can't beat her.

This. In order to even get to Cynthia, Ash will need to beat everyone in the Sinnoh Elite 4. And I can guarantee he won't even get past Aaron.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Actually I think he would be able to get past Aaron and Bertha. However the rest, especially Cynthia, are just another level higher than Ash and he has no chance.

We can't know if he can beat Bertha, because we need to see her battle abilities, but from what I have seen Lucian and Cynthia will beat him easily, against Aaron he can give a good fight. If Flint will appear I hope he will battle.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Actually I think he would be able to get past Aaron and Bertha. However the rest, especially Cynthia, are just another level higher than Ash and he has no chance.

The Elite 4 have mopped the floor with all of Ash's pokemon with just one of theirs. What makes you think Aaron and Bertha will be any different?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Well,I think he will have a good fighter`s chance.I think the E4 to beat him will be Luican.

Status
Not open for further replies.