• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why does everyone think Ash will lose to Cynthia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

She is the strongest trainer in sinnoh and ash lost to Paul pretty bad who lost to cynthia. Ash is not at her level but that doesn't mean he can achieve that level of superiority.
Well not yet. I do think that Ash could beat Cynthia if he used his reserves and besides, by the league, his team will be Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Buizel and Gible.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
She is the strongest trainer in sinnoh and ash lost to Paul pretty bad who lost to cynthia. Ash is not at her level but that doesn't mean he can achieve that level of superiority.

None of the characters so far are at her level to be honest, at least not the main cast.

I really believe he'd had some chance if he used his reserves but the writers like ignoring those Pokemon during the main arcs.

Squaaah

None of the characters so far are at her level to be honest, at least not the main cast.

I really believe he'd had some chance if he used his reserves but the writers like ignoring those Pokemon during the main arcs.

Well seeing as Ash hasn't beaten an Elite 4 member yet, and even they can't defeat Cynthia, I don't think Ash will win even if he does use his reserves. He might put up a decent fight, but I doubt he'd bring her down to her last Pokemon. Maybe in a few more regions time he might be able too, but not now.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well seeing as Ash hasn't beaten an Elite 4 member yet, and even they can't defeat Cynthia, I don't think Ash will win even if he does use his reserves. He might put up a decent fight, but I doubt he'd bring her down to her last Pokemon. Maybe in a few more regions time he might be able too, but not now.

I disagree. We've seen him overcome bigger obstacles during the series and as strong as Cynthia is, she's not unbeatable.

zeno48

Zaker!
I think even with his reserves Ash would have a hard time with Cynthia. I just don't think he can beat her now.
I do think that Ash could beat Cynthia if he used his reserves
Cynthia is not a pushover so even if Ash used his best pokemon he would still find it hard to take out at least one of her pokemon. I think no matter what pokemon Ash has she could easily counter it.

Last edited:

Squaaah

I disagree. We've seen him overcome bigger obstacles during the series and as strong as Cynthia is, she's not unbeatable.

Have we? The only thing I can think of that comes close to how strong Cynthia seems to be was Brandon. Bearing in mind Brandon is NOT a champion, it wasn't a full 6 on 6 battle, ash was using his 4 strongest pokemon, Brandon was using ONE of his strongest three, and three other random's, plus it took him three trys to beat him.

Ash has a long way to go (especially as he hasn't even won a league yet) and Cynthia IS officially the strongest trainer in Sinnoh. Which would make her one of the three strongest trainers we know about (aside from Lance and Steven) so its gonna take Ash alot more training to get to a point where he can beat her.

Torpoleon

Cynthia is not a pushover so even if Ash used his best pokemon he would still find it hard to take out at least one of her pokemon. I think no matter what pokemon Ash has she could easily counter it.
That's true although Ash would have had a batter time if he used some of his reserves as opposed to his Sinnoh Team.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I honestly don't think Ash'll come anywhere close to beating Cynthia. We've been only shown 2 of Cynthia's entire team consisting of her Garchomp and her Gastrodon and we've seen that her Garchomp is more than capable of Curb Stomping an entire team without breaking a sweat. For all we know, these 2 pokemon may not even be her strongest 2 pokemon. Ash only owns 3 pokemon who even have any moves that are strong against Garchomp and they're Charizard, Glalie, and Gible.

Also as we've seen, Paul Curb Stomped Ash last time that they battled and when Paul battled Cynthia he got Curb Stomped by 1 pokemon and he had his Torterra who is Pauls first pokemon who has been with him since he started. And with someone like Paul, this puts Torterra on the level of power that Pikachu and Charizard have. This didn't stop it from getting beat down. Thus, if Paul couldn't even with a strong team, I doubt Ash can come close.

Darkstorm16

Well come on if Ash loses again, its just terrible, they need to do something outside the box I mean if somehow he was able to beat 1 Articuno and 1 Regice in Battle Frontier challenges, and became champion of 1 League (Orange League) I don't care what people say about resetting strength, I believe Ash is capable of beating Cynthia and lets say he does, ok that does not mean he's the strongest in the world just means he's the strongest of that region. For the pokemon master deal or the strongest in the world he can either easily travel to another region (maybe one he already visited) and become champion there and ect... or they can make a tournament where they take a champion of each region and battle off, that would be better.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Ash IS a good trainer if he uses his strongest Pokemon: Glalie, Infernape, Charizard, Sceptile, Torterra, Staraptor, Pikachu, and possibly Snorlax. He can be a force to be reckoned with if he uses these but I don't think he's good enough to beat Cynthia. If Ash were to use those Pokemon, for sure Ash would be able to defeat Aaron.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Well come on if Ash loses again, its just terrible, they need to do something outside the box I mean if somehow he was able to beat 1 Articuno and 1 Regice in Battle Frontier challenges, and became champion of 1 League (Orange League)

Ash beat them with what are undeniably his two strongest Pokemon: Pikachu and Charizard. To actually win against someone like Cynthia and not simply knock her Pokemon around a bit he'll have to have six good Pokemon. Though he has some Pokemon that might be able to help the aforementioned he's still in the process of building his strongest Team ever. It's not that Ash is a bad Trainer or any nonsense like that. It's just that his Pokemon aren't quite there yet. In a few more rotations he might have what he's missing.

The Orange League ... Ash had a fairly easy time with five of Drake's Pokemon leading him to use an interesting strategy with Dragonite. He accepted that Dragonite was much stronger then any one of his Pokemon so he purposely sacrificed some of his weaker Pokemon to wear it down so Pikachu could take it out. I suppose a similar strategy would work with her Garchomp. It's just a matter of his other Pokemon surviving long enough to contribute to the effort.

richard

Fire Master
To be honest, I don't see Ash beating Cynthia. But it is possible for Ash to defeat her. It's not like Cynthia is unbeatable.

Even if he uses his reserves, we don't know what the rest of Cynthia's pokemon are capable off.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
To be honest, I don't see Ash beating Cynthia. But it is possible for Ash to defeat her. It's not like Cynthia is unbeatable.

Even if he uses his reserves, we don't know what the rest of Cynthia's pokemon are capable off.

Maybe Ash will get lucky and the Leagues will adopt the Smogon rules and ban Garchomp.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Ash won't even get past the elite four. Sure there's a possibility that he will win the Shinnoh league, but he'll might get his handed to him halfway through the elite challenge.

You guys got to realize that "Pocket Monsters" is a cash cow franchise, and it got plenty of milk it give out for the next decade or so. So Ash won't be even battle against Cynthia, because "The Plot said so"!

Ash's goal is to be reconized as the best trainer that there ever was, and to do that, he must battle a Champion of whatever reigon he's traveling at the time. If he done that, the show's over. It's STILL too early to end the show, because the franchise isn't dead yet.

It's too early for him to face the champion, so give it a rest already.

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
Just because A beats B and B beats C does not mean C loses to A.

Cynthia is more of an A+ if you know what i mean and i think ash still has a long way to go if he wants to beat cynthia.

Cynthia will beat Ash 'cos Champions always win, that's why they're Champions! Except for Drake who lost to Ash by a single pokemon. And that was just so Ash wouldn't have wasted his time in the Orange League.

Torpoleon

Cynthia thrashed Paul when Paul had Torterra, Elekid, Chimchar, Murkrow and Weavile. As of DP132, he has Torterra, Electabuzz, Magmortar, Honchkrow, Weavile and Ursaring. I think that Paul would have a much better time and same with when Ash gets Infernape and Torterra. Although, I can picture Ash losing and Paul beating Cynthia and then he becomes the new Sinnoh Champion with Ash going to the Filler Region and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.