• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why does Origin Red have Fire Red model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampionRed

Why didn't they decide to have Classic Red (Original) design? Is it because they would of confused the Original Red with Ash (as they look very similar to each other) from the anime?

fitzy909

Just another guy
I think it is because they wanted Red in his most recent design, as more people would connect with the recent design. I understand it was supposed to show that they remember the original games, but that was the same with with the remakes and of course red's new design. Personally, this change didn't do anything in terms of my enjoyment of the show.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Most likely because Red's current design is a bit more individualized than it was back in the day (I mean, even the gym leaders look like they do in FR/LG with touches of HG/SS). Ash more-or-less appears to have been designed after Red more (similar to Gary being designed after Blue), so while it would've been neat to see, I guess it was to avoid confusing as well as to have the younger players recognize him as the Red and Blue they know. But it personally didn't bother me, he was still great for how he was portrayed in the special, and the references to the older titles was nice to see.

Of course, they didn't use Leaf either, but since neither she nor Red was a NPC when you picked the one... still doesn't take away from the quality of the special.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Why didn't they decide to have Classic Red (Original) design? Is it because they would of confused the Original Red with Ash (as they look very similar to each other) from the anime?

nah i don't think that's the point probably they want to keep the design of red since it is clearer to see the character from who he is.

Grei

not the color
Because Fire Red's model is the one that's going to be more widely-recognized. Anyone who has at least been around since the 4th Gen will have seen Red in that outfit.

Shiny pokemon lower

That's probably because most of the newer fans aren't familar yith the first Orginal games. So yes, many fans would been confused and mistaked the Orginal Red With Ash Ketchum.
What about FR/LG Green and Gary? No, their hair have different colour and lenght. Pluss their faces looks bit different.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Because both are Red? It is like asking why do they use a new look for Bugs Bunny in the new Looney Toons over the 1930s look

It is a bit too bad that they didn't use the original Red design, but Red and Green's designs are timeless, so they're easily recognizable either way.

Most of Red incarnations in the mangas and of course the anime are based in his original design. I'm actually glad they choose something different. And not just his design, but also his personality is more refreshing that the rest of Red incarnations.

Shiny pokemon lower

Yeah, that's also true. His old design is to OLD now, even though if don't like to admit it. And I totally forgot about the personality. If they had kept his old personality those orgin episodes had become much darker. The Orgin was already much darker than the ordinary anime, I think.

MattySadler

The newer one looks better, which is why the upgraded Red to it in the first place.

Ke$ha

Banned
Prolly because it's his newest design. That and his original design was kinda boring lol. I liked Red's Fire Red design more so I'm cool with how he was shown in Origins. :)

tonnychen

I just wish they at least gave red black hair instead of brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.