• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why does SWSH feel so incomplete?

Eutus

Loveable Scoundrel
I might be beating a dead horse but im nettled soooo here we go.

Around page 4 folks were talking about alienating competitive players and that gamefreak was banking as pvp being the main postgame content.

Bouffalant ****!!!!

Lets go back a month to the Galar beginnings cup. 3v3 singles with dynamax. Sounds fun! Turns out it was just dynamaxing mimikyus. A couple of flashes of rage later im checking stats on a chinese users mimikyus after our match, one of the few that had the option available. It was caught 6/30/2020. Okay no big, dynamax broke 3v3 single battles. But wait, we lost 52% (and all my favorites save Aegislash the only pokemon to get nerfed) and there was talk about curating the competitive scene .... and we left in dynamaxing mimikyu!?!?!?

So i think to myself, alright im gonna hang out till doubles rotate in for season 2. Itll be better since you can hit mimikyu twice in a turn.

Fast forward to last night. Girlfriend and I are playing together after kids asleep. She hasnt completed a pokemon game since crystal. She bought a switch and game just to join in when my buddies come over to raid. Its a blast!! Beer, snacks, pokemons, raid candies, jokes, good times!! So we are both doing raids and she joined an internet raid for a ditto. We have 31/31/31/xx/31/31 dittos we farmed out on a raid night with our friends, not bad considering i usually just kick up the perfect ditto ive had since diamond. She was looking for a 4+ one with a best special attack IV. Totally reasonable. Whats she find? A blue ditto!! She should be ecstatic right? Na, she grimmaces and shows me asking if i think its an exploited raid. I say probably, if its perfect after you catch it we will know for sure. Well, sure enough it is infact a shiny perfect iv ditto (relaxed nature) and she asks me if she should keep it.

Not gonna lie, im fuming underneath my skin. Been looking for a shiny ditto for over a decade. And its not that she got one and i didnt, if i want it all i have to do is give some good smooches so thats no problem. Its that after blocking real life friends who wont stop loudly exploiting and doing our durndest to not cheat and to remove it from our play time we cannot escape it. Then it occurs to me, how many teams will i go up against that are composed of 100% exploited perfect raid den shinys that have been fed a mint and caught in the future? Are they beatable? Totally. Is it fair? I mean life isnt fair, but shouldnt a regulated and ranked playmode be .... fair? Shouldnt shiny pokemon inspire i little awe and admiration, instead of "oh look they caught it in 2038" (really hopeing that 2038 internal clock problem really ends up screwing people)

So back to last night, instead of jumping around and dancing like fools because we are excited about this blue perfect ditto. Instead shes stepping of egg shells telling me she wants to delete it cause she feels guilty!!! She shouldnt, she didnt do anything wrong. The exploiter did. Why are the expoliters so rampent?

A. People are aweful cheaters. In all walks of life. College, relationships, pokemon apparantly.

B. Youtubers have nothing to make content on except the newest most efficient way to exploit the dens.

C. They have nothing else to do!!

B and C are the problems. A is kinda meh, youre always gonna have unscrupulous individuals. It is what it is and always has been. B and C are all on gamefreak tho. We paid 60 bucks for a triple a title. You can argue that the playstyles of super mario odyssey and loz botw are apples to oranges when comparing them to pokemons playstyle. However all three are/were 60 dollar triple a nintendo published games. Odyssey and botw set a bar. Sword and shield missed it, by miles, in comparing content and scope.

So yeah, the only thing to do after swordbert and shieldbert (and omg how dumb they were, floppy phalic hairdoes ho!!) Is pvp against exploiters or exploit yourself. Thats on the people who didn't beta test this game, or you know consider that mobile games had clock exploits on lock down ....

Tldr.
To many cheaters. And its symptomatic of lack of content. They are either more visable because legit players have played and are over it. Or there really is nothing to do post game. People paid 30% more for 52% less and thats unacceptable. This game does not meet the bar set by other triple a nintendo exclusives. And as a competitive pokemon player i feel alienated cause i dont wanna play cheaters all day. Are all competive players exploiting? No. Is their 60 dollar purchase being affected by other exploiters? Big time. And that all sucks!

DaddyOak

Exploits are optional they don't hurt the game, and for a ton of people exploits mean fun. normal players, speedrunners you name it exploits arent always a bad thing.

besides it's not that past pokemon games didnt have hacks.

if the pokemon are the exact same as the original it can't hurt to much

The only difference being that you saved a hell lot of time, You cant blame people for using it.

also hackers being more viable arent a thing anymore candies and perfect iv's more easy to get than ever. in terms of competitive it can't get any better than now aside from making the nature candies a hell lot cheaper.

perfect iv's are not a problem anymore and going after all shinies is just a waste of time if your going legit. there isnt a shiny method this time around like with the pokeradar in gen IV. so withouth that exploit your stuck with breeding or encountering the same pokemon again and again.

all past gen competitive players on the high end aside from when hyper training became a thing used hacked pokemon with perfect IV's. in the end they are the same as ultra time consuming legit way anyway.

seriously in the pastyou breed stuff if it has potential train 5 pokemon at once to lvl 20. and start over again when you figure out when it aint max and they arent perfect.

it's nearly impossible to get perfect iv's in past games even with breeding you only passed on 2 to 3 ev's.

I'd say the most easy games to hack with was the ds era. if you had any sort of hacking device or r4 card with the correct roms. you could make every enounter shiny. every encounter with perfect iv's same goes for gba especially with the cloning glitch to make as many duplicates of that pokemon as you want.

Heck you could easily customize pokemon if you needed something special to make it legit. it was a hell lot tougher on 3ds from what I've heard but at that point it wasnt that worth it anymore unless you wanted to save some time for a competitive shiny.

Last edited:

Eutus

Loveable Scoundrel
Sure exploits are indeed optional. Sure theyve always been a thing, although maybe far less publically available in the past.

I dont accept the "but it saves muh time" reasoning. If you wanna be good at something put in the effort. Or cut corners. Dont expect me to be impressed, respect you, or wanna play with you though when i only have to check a time stamp to see if youre legit. I might accept that argument if people had more inherent self control, but the majority do not. Lemme ask you, what does one need a box of shiny gmax laparas right now for? What would one do with all those shiny gmax lapras ? Oh duh they are gonna build a throne!! Jk oh right they gonna trade um out. Or hey subscribe to my youtube and hang out in my twitch stream and ill keep spamming this shiny gmax charizard den. Like a certain individual who keeps propagating this.

If you dont see how this is harmful in the long term, nothing i say is gonna convince you. But i can tell you that for me nothing has value any more. A shiny gmax duraldon is worth just as much as a pikachu. Because if you can go to a website and figure out when its gonna spawn with maths than its not really rare is it?

So i do infact blame people for using it. You are cheating. I dont care how much time you saved. You might look at me and think im foolish for breeding out my pokemon, but it takes about an hour. Granted sometimes its an unlucky day and it takes farrrr longer to get that dump stat in the right stat. But 7-10 hours to train a team, if you cant invest that in your competitive team well thats on you. And im well aware of the linguistic mental gymnastics between the words exploit, cheat, and hack.

Back when we could use an action replay or gameshark that was hacking. It changed lines of code to make things happen. You also ran the risk of corrupting youre file.

The raid thing is an exploit, yeup. You are using a system in the game without changing any mechanics to achieve a desired result. Funny tho how if you use the word exploit when it comes to just about anything other than video games people universally agree its wrong to exploit laborers, women, children, animals, the planet, tax laws etc.

I also challenge you to find a vgc champ that will proudly admit on video, showing their face, that their team was hacked or exploited. Sure you can save yourself time testing strategy ... or you can go do pokemon showdown and run simulations and test teams with out giant time commitments.

I agree that collecting a shiny dex is kinda silly. But hey if thats how people are having fun who am i to tell them to stop. But im not above asking if you haddnt used exploits in your team would you be able to challenge me with the same team? Yes or no. If no well than maybe you see my frustration.

You are right, perfect and competitive pokemon are easier to get than ever before! So why exploit? Why not just go catch a rando and candy max, hyper train, mint, and ability capsule where needed? I do agree prices could be adjusted, but even then doing one transaction of selling luxury balls nets you over a million coin for a full stack.

I dont understand what you mean about,

"seriously in the pastyou breed stuff if it has potential train 5 pokemon at once to lvl 20. and start over again when you figure out when it aint max and they arent perfect.

it's nearly impossible to get perfect iv's in past games even with breeding you only passed on 2 to 3 ev's."

The first paragraph specifically i dont understand. But yeah, iv breeding was harder before x/y. But its no longer before x/y, its two gens later and like youve said competitive pokemon are easier than ever to acquire. Why do you need to exploit?

Heck, we havent even talked about the stressed match making system for raids or the countless empty rooms because someone is cheating. Im sorry (im not) exploiting.

But i dont agree that exploits dont hurt the game. Especially in a competitive area or for trading. Lets go back to that box of shiny gmax lapras, do you wanna trade (you might be a bad test audience, idk how you play or what you like) legit things for it? Ive always tried to avoid hacks, exploits, and cloned pokemon in the past. Ive got 16 years old pokemon, i dont want something funking up my saves. I learned my lesson in gold and silver about using gamesharks and loosing save files.

I guess we have to agree to disagree about opinions on exploits, but on topic i still believe lack of postgame content is a substantial issue and has (among other things) led to this.

Edit:
Also as an after thought how do you feel specifically about people using the den exploits to get gmax machamps, kinglers, or toxitricites (sp?). They are "unreleased" so im very curious on that opinion. Is there a line between acceptable exploiting and not or is it all fair game?

DaddyOak

No vgc champion will admit that but many accuse them of it. also hacking is allowed as long as the stats are within boundries or if the participant admits to be using hacks wich result in them being banned from the tournament. so yea naturally nobody will do that since they will be banned for life even though they have an equal playing field since you only save a couple of hours these days. however nobody gives a crap these days everyone knows that the vgc players where hacking but it's not a big deal since everyone has perfect iv pokemon there. if it;s a shiny with perfect iv's nobody cares it's not an advantage over the other players. Some competitive players rather invest time to strategize than to spend a ton of time to create a perfect team in wich you need multiples of the same pokemon for different scenario's to switch it up to make it extra annoying in their case. The ones in the bigger tournaments pretty much all do that I'd imagine especially before bottlecaps

Also if your thinking that way. I'd better stay away from traiding online they are everywhere and you can't recognize them unless you speculating at the balls used. than but thats only with hacked pokemon wich have incorrect data compared to original when poorly done. pokemon aquired with exploits arent even hacked they are just legit pokemon catched at the correct time when a perfect mon would appear so I dont see how the exploit will hurt your save file. Not to mention that even the later ds games are quite sturdy against crashing. mostly prior to that for it to be somewhat sensitive.

2nd of all I don't agree in a game like pokemon if your not using the exploit to save time that your actually good at this game. It's just doing the same stuff over and over again for tons of times. that's not what I call skill. If somebody can do it 1 to 5 times they could do it 1000 times if they don't quit. I get that the grind is enjoyable for some for the reward at the end but be reasonable. The only reason that your seeing hacks more is because online gameplay is closer than ever in pokemon. ds era had tons more people hacking you just never saw it. in say ds era it was allot more single player focussed. gts etc was a thing but it was more seperated. i mean like getting a shiny groudon in say ruby the legit way resetting a game 500 to 8K times is not what i call skill. dedication and not getting insane in the process sure but anyone could do that.

Now say exploits in mario odyssey or botw doing those succesfully to take shortcuts to do super jumps that takes skill. choosing not to use those take another kind of skill aswell both might use frame perfect inputs.

Pretty much all games have exploits and people enjoy them. exploits make pokemon red and blue more fun than they actually are.

exploits are in old games such as ocarina of time and super mario 64 and still to this day we find fun exploits in botw and mario odyyssey. and much older games than the n64 era obviously

Everytime a game gets released people want to find the exploits for some people it's their enjoyment to make it as easy as possible or in skillbased games saving time but with usually very tricky inputs and precise timing

exploits are part of the game usually used by people who enjoy to invest allot of time in certain games. exploits in a ton of games actually add to the gameplay. also where talking pokemon here. the collection of said pokemon is just something personal it's not like showing the collection off to others has any value i don;t see the harm in the exploit.

In terms of gigantimax pokemon that arent released yet. i mean if you just use them ingame and not online except for with friends it's not to bad. your not spoiling anyone that way or having the options that others dont have yet.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I do wonder if that has something to do with the language barrier? If I recall, code uses english and considering the differences in language, it wouldn't surprise me if that had something to do with it.

That's a good point. Might also lead to programming classes in Japan being taught in certain ways that cause this to happen.

Incidentally, a large portion of Game Freak's Pokémon team once worked on EarthBound (and Mother 3, which had equally bewildering code--this was the main reason the Mother RPGs were not ported until the Wii and Wii U).

I might be beating a dead horse but im nettled soooo here we go.

Around page 4 folks were talking about alienating competitive players and that gamefreak was banking as pvp being the main postgame content.

Bouffalant ****!!!!

Lets go back a month to the Galar beginnings cup. 3v3 singles with dynamax. Sounds fun! Turns out it was just dynamaxing mimikyus. A couple of flashes of rage later im checking stats on a chinese users mimikyus after our match, one of the few that had the option available. It was caught 6/30/2020. Okay no big, dynamax broke 3v3 single battles. But wait, we lost 52% (and all my favorites save Aegislash the only pokemon to get nerfed) and there was talk about curating the competitive scene .... and we left in dynamaxing mimikyu!?!?!?

So i think to myself, alright im gonna hang out till doubles rotate in for season 2. Itll be better since you can hit mimikyu twice in a turn.

Fast forward to last night. Girlfriend and I are playing together after kids asleep. She hasnt completed a pokemon game since crystal. She bought a switch and game just to join in when my buddies come over to raid. Its a blast!! Beer, snacks, pokemons, raid candies, jokes, good times!! So we are both doing raids and she joined an internet raid for a ditto. We have 31/31/31/xx/31/31 dittos we farmed out on a raid night with our friends, not bad considering i usually just kick up the perfect ditto ive had since diamond. She was looking for a 4+ one with a best special attack IV. Totally reasonable. Whats she find? A blue ditto!! She should be ecstatic right? Na, she grimmaces and shows me asking if i think its an exploited raid. I say probably, if its perfect after you catch it we will know for sure. Well, sure enough it is infact a shiny perfect iv ditto (relaxed nature) and she asks me if she should keep it.

Not gonna lie, im fuming underneath my skin. Been looking for a shiny ditto for over a decade. And its not that she got one and i didnt, if i want it all i have to do is give some good smooches so thats no problem. Its that after blocking real life friends who wont stop loudly exploiting and doing our durndest to not cheat and to remove it from our play time we cannot escape it. Then it occurs to me, how many teams will i go up against that are composed of 100% exploited perfect raid den shinys that have been fed a mint and caught in the future? Are they beatable? Totally. Is it fair? I mean life isnt fair, but shouldnt a regulated and ranked playmode be .... fair? Shouldnt shiny pokemon inspire i little awe and admiration, instead of "oh look they caught it in 2038" (really hopeing that 2038 internal clock problem really ends up screwing people)

So back to last night, instead of jumping around and dancing like fools because we are excited about this blue perfect ditto. Instead shes stepping of egg shells telling me she wants to delete it cause she feels guilty!!! She shouldnt, she didnt do anything wrong. The exploiter did. Why are the expoliters so rampent?

A. People are aweful cheaters. In all walks of life. College, relationships, pokemon apparantly.

B. Youtubers have nothing to make content on except the newest most efficient way to exploit the dens.

C. They have nothing else to do!!

B and C are the problems. A is kinda meh, youre always gonna have unscrupulous individuals. It is what it is and always has been. B and C are all on gamefreak tho. We paid 60 bucks for a triple a title. You can argue that the playstyles of super mario odyssey and loz botw are apples to oranges when comparing them to pokemons playstyle. However all three are/were 60 dollar triple a nintendo published games. Odyssey and botw set a bar. Sword and shield missed it, by miles, in comparing content and scope.

So yeah, the only thing to do after swordbert and shieldbert (and omg how dumb they were, floppy phalic hairdoes ho!!) Is pvp against exploiters or exploit yourself. Thats on the people who didn't beta test this game, or you know consider that mobile games had clock exploits on lock down ....

Tldr.
To many cheaters. And its symptomatic of lack of content. They are either more visable because legit players have played and are over it. Or there really is nothing to do post game. People paid 30% more for 52% less and thats unacceptable. This game does not meet the bar set by other triple a nintendo exclusives. And as a competitive pokemon player i feel alienated cause i dont wanna play cheaters all day. Are all competive players exploiting? No. Is their 60 dollar purchase being affected by other exploiters? Big time. And that all sucks!

I think DaddyOak has already brought this up, but hacking and exploits have been a major part of Pokémon since the start. Ever since people learned how to use Missingno off the coast of Cinnabar Island to get enormous amounts of particular items, the franchise has attracted people drawn to getting what they way in unintended ways. Pokémon also has a lot of rolling the dice to get what you want, so people who don't want to invest the time will prefer to just generate what they want through hacking devices and programs.

I've been battling and trading online since Generation IV, and the ratio of people who use hacked Pokémon hasn't changed much visibly; the only real difference is increased enforcement over illegal moves, Abilities, stats, and such, resulting in those Pokémon, and their players, being effectively reduced to small pockets. Accordingly, this has been a hot-button issue for people who prefer to do things legitimately at least since then too.

The one factor, arguably, is that Chinese players are now allowed to play alongside those from other regions (which I believe is unique to Pokémon as far as Nintendo games go--for everything else, Chinese players can only play among each other). In modern Chinese culture, people are encouraged to get what they want through any means necessary, including cheating if it's available to them. (There's been an ongoing problem at American universities in which students from China are caught cheating on their tests and getting expelled, for instance.) Accordingly, the prevailing idea among Chinese gamers is that they have no qualms about cheating if it allows them to achieve their goals faster, and for many, they don't understand why people DON'T do it, and they consider them baffling and inefficient.

That being said, it sounds like you're encountering exceptional cases, as Mimikyu is not ordinarily the first choice for Dynamax, either for single battles or double battles (though it is a preferred choice for blocking Max Moves). I have also yet to encounter any obviously hacked Max Raid Battles, and I've been playing hundreds of them. The onyl shint ones I've seen are ones for the recnet Magikarp event. Granted, I'm not seeking Dittos specifically; I'm just going for anything, especially if that species has a Hidden Ability I don't yet have. The ones who do this to Max Raid Battles, though, think they're being generous by allowing other people to share in their fruits too, not really understanding that shiny hunters, by and large, would prefer to get them the natural way (and even then, there are limits, such as how some deem that Ultra Space in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was making it too easy to get them).

All in all, though, I'd say the people who cheat in the way you describe are just a tiny minority, but they are a very loud, very visible one. Most people playing a Pokémon game play through it normally and use the resources available in-game. They tend to be concentrated in particular ways to play, namely competitive play and largely come out at certain times of day, but they've always been around, and no matter what measures Game Freak, Nintendo, and others have taken to try to curb them, they'll always find new ways. (Though partly to blame is that Game Freak doesn't do post-release updates. As far as Japanese game companies go, it's run incredibly traditionally.)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wonder if these expansions pack were planned to be in originally. They don’t fix even half of the main story’s flaws but I highly welcome them

JW1004

These expansion packs won't solve the incomplete parts of the story and some areas to me personally, but atleast will make the post-game interesting.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wonder if these expansions pack were planned to be in originally. They don’t fix even half of the main story’s flaws but I highly welcome them
My guess is this stuff was all planned as third version material, but backlash over Dexit etc. caused them to change things up a bit and release it as an expansion instead for a bit of a lower price.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
My guess is this stuff was all planned as third version material, but backlash over Dexit etc. caused them to change things up a bit and release it as an expansion instead for a bit of a lower price.

That, and the fact Switch Pro is apparently releasing in 2020 meant that they don't have the time put out a third version.

Honestly the only thing I'm surprised about is the fact DLC is going to continue until Autumn, that seems a bit weird, but we will likely what this means in June.

DaddyOak

that's a shame though since the rest of the game definitely needed that 3rd game love. all the old spots, half empty cities and small roads will remain unchanged than. in a 3rd game that could have been much improved.

highly doubt they sped the process up though. I think it was planned from the very start sales for sword & shield where strong. I don't think they would listen to the minority that complain about the games.

A new alternative to increase sales so to say. this is less work than a 3rd version of a game in wich you get new forms, new area's and remodel the entire region + a new story line for the main story.

ultra sun & moon are the worst examples of a 3rd version not to mention in just 1 year compared to other good 3ds version examples wich had 2 + years since development of a 3rd version, in wich they usually already start creating them during the final stages of the main game. so 2 years after a release in the end instead of 1 year after a release aka ultra sun & moon.

That's my guess anyway.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I think it's a combination of Dexit and Game Freak seems like they were being rushed to release the game in 3 years on the holiday. Game Freak probably had a lot of leftover ideas for SwSh they wanted to implement but didn't have time to, so they probably pushed TPC to allow them to keep working on the game after release. My guess is that TPC probably would've wanted them to make an Ultra Sword/Ultra Shield or whatever this year but Game Freak convinced them to do DLC instead, with part of the deal being that they could sell a special edition of SwSh with the DLC included as a new "game" for the holidays.

DaddyOak

I think it's a combination of Dexit and Game Freak seems like they were being rushed to release the game in 3 years on the holiday. Game Freak probably had a lot of leftover ideas for SwSh they wanted to implement but didn't have time to, so they probably pushed TPC to allow them to keep working on the game after release. My guess is that TPC probably would've wanted them to make an Ultra Sword/Ultra Shield or whatever this year but Game Freak convinced them to do DLC instead, with part of the deal being that they could sell a special edition of SwSh with the DLC included as a new "game" for the holidays.

a special version of the game dlc includedwould be nice. but in terms of nintendo games I havent seen any that did this say botw xenoblade 2.

Yea sure hyrule warriors did from a past gen console as a definitive edition wich wasnt actually dlc or toads treasure trackers mario bros deluxe. in short not the same as what a ton of games on ps3 and ps4 do with including the dlc.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
that's a shame though since the rest of the game definitely needed that 3rd game love. all the old spots half empty cities and small roads will remain unchanged than. in a 3rd game that could have been much improved.

highly doubt they sped the process up though I think it was planned sales for sword & shield where strong I don't think they would listen to the minority that complain about the games.

a new alternative to increase sales. this is less work than a 3rd version of a game in wich you get new forms, new area's and remodel the entire region a new story line for the main story.

ultra sun & moon are the worst examples of a 3rd version not to mention in just 1 year compared to other good 3ds version examples wich had 2 + years since development of a 3rd version usually begins during the final stages of the main game. so 2 years after a release.

That's my guess anyway.
Your grammar is so bad I have a hard time even understanding your post to be honest.

KahunaLagoonaEX

Oh no doubt it was rushed. To what degree, that stands to be stated, GameFreak was pretty hush-hush about the whole thing. As for the Expansion Pass, I'm not sure if the content added was planned from the start and cut for DLC or meant for a forsaken 3rd version, but it still doesn't say much about the base game...

I mean, you could argue that things were going well, but then higher ups got more antsy as the public got more restless, but that's a conspiracy theory for another day.

All that does matter is that Sword/Shield don't have that polish, and I'm not sure if that was a result of a rushed development cycle or aspects within GameFreak trying to push a product out to fulfill a bottom line.

That, and the fact Switch Pro is apparently releasing in 2020 meant that they don't have the time put out a third version.

Honestly the only thing I'm surprised about is the fact DLC is going to continue until Autumn, that seems a bit weird, but we will likely what this means in June.

In terms of "Business Quarters" 'Fall' generally refers to Oct-Dec - which generally pans out in regards to GameFreak's typical schedule of saying "We're releasing this in November" which had we been getting a 3rd version or Gen 4 Remakes would be when those would be releasing.

It's like back in 2017 when Nintendo said ARMS would be releasing in Spring to go with a pun when in reality it released in mid-June - Spring in terms of Business Quarters is "April-June" thus the pun still stayed in-tact.

Basically to get a small grasp on what Business Quarters mean:

Jan-Mar is "Winter"
Apr-June is "Spring"
July-Sept is "Summer"
& Oct-Dec is "Fall" - although it's most often called "Holiday" and sometimes called "Winter" if they say "Winter 2020" or something like that and the traditional Winter Business Quarter finished.

To note - Nintendo typically does one Direct each Business Quarter, exceptions being Spring since there's E3, and nowadays no Holiday Direct because they tend to announce a January release during their September Direct and they've stopped talking about the 3DS completely which was when they announced 3DS games for the start of the year.

a special version of the game dlc includedwould be nice. but in terms of nintendo games I havent seen any that did this say botw xenoblade 2.

Yea sure hyrule warriors did from a past gen console as a definitive edition wich wasnt actually dlc or toads treasure trackers mario bros deluxe. in short not the same as what a ton of games on ps3 and ps4 do with including the dlc.

Absolutely none of Nintendo's games have be rereleased with the DLC packaged within. You buy BotW now you still have to pay the $20 for the Expansion Pass.

The only times DLC is tacked on to a rerelease from Nintendo no charge is if it was based on a previous game with DLC on an older console. As you said - Hyrule Warriors, New Super Mario Bros U, Mario Kart 8 DX, etc.

If you went back to the Wii U to play the original versions of those games, you would still have to pay for the DLC initially for said games.

So I highly doubt that Sword/Shield will get some sort of 3rd version with the Expansion Pass added in for free.

It was caught 6/30/2020.

(And here I am intending to change my date so that I "Start" on my Birthday which isn't until June...)

Last edited:

VaporeonGold

Because so many areas are too small. Ballanlea was something I anticipated, but the forest was too easy to get through, and the town was too small.

Spikemuth is just a hallway. I thought it was an actual city?

Turfield has something going for it with the runes and cropcircles, but it guides you too much to the gym and cuts off a lot of potential pathways.

All the other towns in this game are great though. These ones just suck the most and make the game feel shorter than it is. I miss when rural Pokemon towns were actually worth visiting.

Victory Road is absent. It's too easy to get through. I think the point this time is that the final city is part of civilization and that the paths to it aren't supposed to be hard. I think they're saving difficult caves and stuff for the expansions.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
One thing I noticed was in Nessa's town, you couldn't even enter the lighthouse, unlike Gold, Silver, Crystal and HGSS. It just seemed far too simple trying to get to Nessa.

On another note, it is too bad that the games weren't more polished, because in some ways they're pretty ambitious.

They're the closest that Pokemon has gotten to being a mmo in my opinion.

The y comm could be better minus the codes and bringing back the GTS.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You know, it's perfectly fine to feel that Sword and Shield didn't have a excessive amount of content like other games.

However, I feel like people have taken this too far and say that the DLC was meant to finish the game, which really isn't the case.

I haven't really seen people say it here, but it's rampant on Twitter, but at this point, Game Freak can't make a move without people being mad.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You know, it's perfectly fine to feel that Sword and Shield didn't have a excessive amount of content like other games.

However, I feel like people have taken this too far and say that the DLC was meant to finish the game, which really isn't the case.

I haven't really seen people say it here, but it's rampant on Twitter, but at this point, Game Freak can't make a move without people being mad.
Tbh I think the complaints about DLC being done when base SWSH itself feeling empty and somewhat incomplete are valid. DLC priced like this is definitely fine although it does really stink that base SWSH will always be left as it is. It’s a situation where a third version/sequel is actually equally warranted. at least to me.