• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why Does This Game Receive So Much Hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I just bought this game and got it in the mail yesterday, and I personally am loving it so far! :D I think the battles are uber fun, and I even hooked up my SS to my Wii! :D I only have one minor complaint, which is:

1. I wish the game was more of a type where you can go around the world collecting Pokémon from the wild, talking to people, buying items, and basically just everything that is in the DS versions of Pokémon. Kind of like a Wii version of the DS games, if you know what I mean. ;)

I have heard that the Wi-Fi has gotten some hate as well, because people have to wait a while until they can battle someone, and sometimes the battle doesn't happen at all. I haven't had a problem with this, granted that I have only done 3 battles this way (and two were with the same person), but I still don't understand why people are hating on this game so much! Oh, and another pet peeve of mine is where when you are battling someone and you are just about to win (or have just started), and they give up! It's like come on! :mad: But other than that, I am pretty much in love with the game. I can tell that the animations *can* be a little wonky sometimes, but the game does have great graphics (come on, you've got to admit it! ;) ) But anyways, can people please tell me why this game gets so much hate? Thanks in advance. ;);480;;480;

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
1. The Previous games on the Game Cube did this, as they had their own story mode. The complaint about that game was that it used the N64 Models, and battles seems 10 times longer than the same battle on the GBA.

2. Wifi hate is really down the fact that very few people are actually playing anymore. Since it's anything goes on the Roster side of things, some people will quit if they think they will loose, They like to keep their Win Streak.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
1. The Previous games on the Game Cube did this, as they had their own story mode. The complaint about that game was that it used the N64 Models, and battles seems 10 times longer than the same battle on the GBA.

2. Wifi hate is really down the fact that very few people are actually playing anymore. Since it's anything goes on the Roster side of things, some people will quit if they think they will loose, They like to keep their Win Streak.

Hmmm... that is interesting; thanks for the feedback! :) But it still seems like there is a lot of hate on this game besides that... :/

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
The reason PBR receives so much hate is because people were expecting a third Shadow Pokemon game in the Orre region. I am one of them. I was really disappointed when there was no story.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
People hate it because it didn't have an adventure-like story unlike Colosseum and XD. Another thing, said before, is that there's no regulations on WiFi battles. Everyone (if not, most people) run ubers in WiFi games, making it... pretty unfair. I personally didn't like this game. I expected it to be a wii-version of XD, and when I figured out that you just copy your pokemon from DPPT/HGSS, it made it seem pretty boring (which it was to me). I finished the game, but I didn't really feel like I actually "beat" the game.

Zim Del Invasor

I got this game for my birthday (Jun 23) and I have absolutely 0 complaints thus far. I'm not going to hate it for something it's not, like a full-fledged story mode or whatever. If I didn't have my Diamond Pokemon copied over via storage, then I probably wouldn't enjoy it, but I do so I love it. It makes battling my sister way more fun than it is on the handheld consoles (and easier since we don't have to worry about random connections being dropped), and the battles feel quicker. And I like the Colosseum mode too. The point of this game is that it's just battling for fun without any story or catching anything and in that regard it totally succeeds for me. I have been loving it ever since I got it. Haterz Gonna H8

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
imagine someone who didnt own a handheld game or wifi buying this game...yeah.

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
I don't hate it, it's just a big disappointment compared to Colosseum and XD, where you had a whole story mode that contributes big time to whatever games you had, for it possessing tons of Johto Pokemon, legendaries like Ho-oh/Lugia. Haven't really tried it for Wifi battles, but rather Colosseum battles for cool animations and Pokecoupons :D

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
Why would anyone in that situation have done that, though? That's on them, if anything.

I played colosseum and XD without having a Ruby or Sapphire game to trade pokemon and i was completely satisfied with them. This game is too dependent on the handheld games to be any fun without them.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I got this game for my birthday (Jun 23) and I have absolutely 0 complaints thus far. I'm not going to hate it for something it's not, like a full-fledged story mode or whatever. If I didn't have my Diamond Pokemon copied over via storage, then I probably wouldn't enjoy it, but I do so I love it. It makes battling my sister way more fun than it is on the handheld consoles (and easier since we don't have to worry about random connections being dropped), and the battles feel quicker. And I like the Colosseum mode too. The point of this game is that it's just battling for fun without any story or catching anything and in that regard it totally succeeds for me. I have been loving it ever since I got it. Haterz Gonna H8

Sorry for the really late reply, but I whole heartedly agree with the above! I got this game for my B-day, and have been really liking it ever since... and yeah, haters ARE gonna hate unfortunately, but the lovers will love, right? Am I right?! (ok, I admit that sounded kinda lame, lol...) But anyways, thanks for all the feedback guys, and sorry for the rambling! I tend to do that, lol... XD

Dodrio Can't Flap

Crackers & Snacks
I didn't actually hate this game, I found it to be quite decent honestly. The main highlight of it for me were all the diverse colosseums, especially Sunset. I've never played Colosseum or XD, but I have played both of the Stadiums, which are basically this game, but for the N64 era and with a bunch of extra features.

I can understand where the hate comes from, though. To be fair I thought the developers could've done better, but I'm not complaining really. It was acceptable.

BCVM22

This game is too dependent on the handheld games to be any fun without them.

The box itself tells you outright that you'll have your best experience if you have a loaded Generation IV game to go with it. It's ridiculous that someone would buy this game - a game that exists for the sole purpose of allowing you to battle your hard-trained Pokémon as 3D models on your TV screen - without such a game to go with it and then complain I'M NOT HAVING FUN THIS GAME SUCKS! It's like buying a video game system but no games and then making the same complaint.

That people are complaining that the game "didn't have a story mode" is precisely what's meant by judging the game based on one's own personal, unfounded fantasies. Where is any possible logic in criticizing a game on the basis of something it not only doesn't have, but was never said, shown or suggested to have?

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I totally agree with you two! Thanks for the feedback! And you are both making some REALLY good points... the game is what it states it is, and of course it ISN'T going to be something it's not... and I like it the way it is, even if there are some quirks that could be worked out... if you know what I mean. ;)

VolcaronaZero

Claydol User
-People complain that Battle Revolution need a Gen. IV game for the best experience, everyone hates it
-Pokemon Stadium needs a Gen. I game for the full experience, everyone loves it.

Someone explain how this works.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
@VolcaronaZero - IKR? People sometimes... it is fine to have opinions, but honestly, that just doesn't make any sense. :/

Jb

Tsun in the streets
-People complain that Battle Revolution need a Gen. IV game for the best experience, everyone hates it
-Pokemon Stadium needs a Gen. I game for the full experience, everyone loves it.

Someone explain how this works.

The Pokemon in the Stadium games were actually usable. Unlike the rental passes in PBR. It's a terrible system of using rental Pokemon.

People don't like the game simply because it wasn't as fun as the rest. Stadium 1/2 had other things to do other than battling. Like the school, Minigames and so on. The GCN titles had the whole exploration and enough Pokemon options to stand on it's own as pretty fun game.

PBR is the most limited with Pokemon, and there's nothing to do other than battle. The music is meh, and simply feels like a step down from past games. Yeah, it looked nice and Wi-Fi battles were okay...if you didn't battle the same people like 3 times in a row. Considering you pretty much needed a gen 4 game to fully "enjoy" this game, it wasn't even worth the launch price.

Status
Not open for further replies.