• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why doesn't Ash mention that he wants to complete the island trials?

SatoSereFan224888

Maybe Ash wants to leave Alola ASAP but if he does Oak will not like it and he will berate him.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
I've never liked how they've handled the trials. They're just sort of there and Ash doesn't seem like he cares too much for them, which is bad since it means that he has no goal or direction since Kukui hasn't announced the Alola League yet, so what is Ash doing? Juts going to school?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I've never liked how they've handled the trials. They're just sort of there and Ash doesn't seem like he cares too much for them, which is bad since it means that he has no goal or direction since Kukui hasn't announced the Alola League yet, so what is Ash doing? Juts going to school?
Yup.

And getting smacked by Alolan Exeggutor once in a while.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Now onto the subject of the post, i think that in the series, Ash doesn't rush things because there is no timelimit so to speak. I mean, in previous series there was always looming over everyone the fear of missing the league due to taking too long in getting the badges. Here there's no such rush. He has all the time in the world. That's because the Island Challenge will probably no be a requirement to enter the league. Also there's no league to his knowledge. Yes, he knows Kukui intends to start one.

He doesn't know when. That's the point everyone's missing.

This is actually a good in-universe reason.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think it's because the school is his main goal this series, and the trials are more of a sidequest.
But in what way is the school the goal? There's no sense of progression whatsoever

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The whole school concept would have been better had they gave it purpose. Like for example Ash and the other students were given legit tests or like midterms in maybe battling or something. Literally all they do is field trips or after school stuff. Literally that is not how school works. Would also be cool to see typical school drama over sunshine and raindrops 24/7. As for the island quest with no real end goal I guess it makes sense for him to treat them like a random hobby. Doesn't help that sometimes the classmates do the trials like Lana did for the water one so the whole thing just comes off as one big mess.

Actually with no real end goal and not needing it to enter the league why is he even doing them?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
But in what way is the school the goal? There's no sense of progression whatsoever

The school is definitely pointless, so it always baffles me why it's treated as Ash's main goal in Alola, while the trials take a backseat. The school should be about doing actual learning, yet it's just Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles and Mallow going on field trips. Nothing really can be gained out of that.

Agustin Gomez

TheShiningBald
The school is definitely pointless, so it always baffles me why it's treated as Ash's main goal in Alola, while the trials take a backseat. The school should be about doing actual learning, yet it's just Ash, Lillie, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles and Mallow going on field trips. Nothing really can be gained out of that.
Well the only thing we know for sure is that the last episode of the series is a 'Graduation' episode :s

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

I don't think goal is the correct word. Ash is pretty goal-less in Alola, fitting the slice of life elements implemented. The school is the reason he stayed, but it's definitely not a goal.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't think goal is the correct word. Ash is pretty goal-less in Alola, fitting the slice of life elements implemented. The school is the reason he stayed, but it's definitely not a goal.
In the original magazine it was described as graduation being his goal. That hasn't displayed itself at all in the actual anime.