• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why doesnt Serena get a special episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Hi, so it's been like 1.5 years since Sun & Moon anime has started and there's no sign of a Serena's episode..
All of the previous girls had their special epsiodes or/and anime cameos. Do you think that the writers decided to give up on her?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I understand that you cared alot about her and that you're not alone. But I think the format of the anime where they write off the companions after their native regions were done, excepting Ash, Pikachu & Team Rocket, gave alot of headaches for the fans. She probably might return in the future as a cameo though.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It just hasn't happened yet. My guess is that she'll get one eventually. I can't see her cameo later in SM since she has no reason to be in Alola if she's training hard as a Coordinator in Hoenn. Also, it'll be kind of lame if she met up with Ash again later if she's progressing as a Coordinator, but we didn't get to see it. Also, I don't want her to come back for Amourshipping,I want her to come back for her screams.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
They simply were done with her story in my opinion. Sometimes writers just don't know what to do with their characters anymore. And it's not like it was just an overstep by the writers; they purposely gave Alexa and Sycamore over special her. I really hope her special (and I doubt she's getting one) is done like the MES and a side episode not effecting the overall SM anime (well the MES did effect the main anime but not until much later)

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It just hasn't happened yet. My guess is that she'll get one eventually. I can't see her cameo later in SM since she has no reason to be in Alola if she's training hard as a Coordinator in Hoenn. Also, it'll be kind of lame if she met up with Ash again later if she's progressing as a Coordinator, but we didn't get to see it. Also, I don't want her to come back for Amourshipping,I want her to come back for her screams.
If she does come back to the main series, then I'm hoping theres a ghost filler so that she can scare herself and everyone else over her overactive imagination again :D

Epicocity

She's not a Coordinator, though...She's still a Performer who's going to Hoenn to level up her skills and get inspiration for Showcases by doing Contests.

Either way, I don't see her making a cameo in SM between both no real reason to go there, and a want to not see her crush flanderized for some gags.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If she does return I'd like an update on how she's doing in contests.
I'd like it if the shipping aspect of her character is completely ignored, but I'm not holding my breath on that; so I'm hoping that they make it more comedic and less serious instead. It'll at least make for some entertaining moments.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I wish she would. I hope she does. She was my favorite of Ash's companions. A lot of people don't like her, but I quite enjoyed her on the show.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
If she does return I'd like an update on how she's doing in contests.
I'd like it if the shipping aspect of her character is completely ignored, but I'm not holding my breath on that; so I'm hoping that they make it more comedic and less serious instead. It'll at least make for some entertaining moments.
I wouldn't mind (that much) a mention of her crush since it was a BIG part of character. And it's not like it's going to go anywhere from there besides probably a few jokes. It would be super cringy but I feel like the writers won't let her return without at least a reference to the crush.

She's not a Coordinator, though...She's still a Performer who's going to Hoenn to level up her skills and get inspiration for Showcases by doing Contests.

Either way, I don't see her making a cameo in SM between both no real reason to go there, and a want to not see her crush flanderized for some gags.
She's going on a Contest quest. So yes assuming she's obtaining Ribbons to compete in the Grand Festival she's a Coordinator. She can be a Preformer and Coordinator just like Nando had a Gym quest alongside being a Coordinator.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
But guys, I really wanna know if think it's plasubile for her to be back or not (for a special episode/cameo).. Do u think it could really happen at this point? Isn't this too late?

Jeal

Yeah, I was wondering that, too. It seems that the writers hate Serena. I hope that they make up for it giving her two or three episodes and a big cameo like Dawn's.

Episode 1 - Serena's first contest. She loses it.
Episode 2- Training.
Episode 3- Serena's first ribbon.

So, in her cameo, she returns with two or three ribbons.

Epicocity

She's going on a Contest quest. So yes assuming she's obtaining Ribbons to compete in the Grand Festival she's a Coordinator. She can be a Preformer and Coordinator just like Nando had a Gym quest alongside being a Coordinator.

Er...no. She never said she was taking part in Contests to earn Ribbons. She explicitly said she was going there to improve her performances. The word "Coordinator" was never uttered. It's more like how Ash took part in the Terracotta Contest and the Wallace Cup, or how Dawn battled Maylene; they're going to experience them to improve at what they can do, but they're not changing professions, and they've never said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.