• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why doesnt Serena get a special episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeal

What if Serena learns Mega Evolution plus one or two Pokemon who is capable of Mega Evolving?
This would be a plus for her
She could catch a Mudkip and evolve it to Swampert, and mega evolve it. Really, I am impressed that she didn't get one, since May and Dawn did get Kanto/Johto starters because the remakes. This again shows how much the writers did not care about her. It piss me off.

I already said before, she needs at least three special episodes, the first focusing in her first contest and loss, the second a training one, and the third her first victory. She needs a new pokémon(preferably Mudkip) and a evolution(Delphox?). It's the least after her treatment in the main series.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I honestly can't see Serena getting a mega, or even a capture tbh. The writers didn't seem to care about her at all during her series, and I can't see them caring about her now.

I can also see them going all out with comedic Amourshipping moments of she returns. It's a shame that amourshipping is the only thing that she'll be remembered by.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I don't see it hapoening either, and aside from that, Serena getting to use mega evolution would be infuriating if Ash doesn't get to as well.
I personally wouldn't be infuriated. I'd actually be highly amused. But yeah, plenty others would surely be. ^^;

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don’t think Mega Evolution is really her shtick and she’s more interested in performing so it’s more likely it’ll be performance based. Preferably it shouldn’t be a Showcase because she’s already quit and I don’t find them as interesting as Contests because she keeps on using a similar routine in her performance and the voting system removes a lot of tension. It would obviously be better to see how is she going in the Contests.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jeal said:
I already said before, she needs at least three special episodes, the first focusing in her first contest and loss, the second a training one, and the third her first victory.

She kind of went through this sort of drama already with TryPokaron, so watching her go through similar trials with Contests doesn't appeal to me much. She can just do Contests off-screen.

DatsRight

I get the feeling they'd just keep her current Pokemon unless she got a capture onscreen, since most of the returns are about meeting their old squad again too.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I already said before, she needs at least three special episodes, the first focusing in her first contest and loss, the second a training one, and the third her first victory. She needs a new pokémon(preferably Mudkip) and a evolution(Delphox?). It's the least after her treatment in the main series.
I’m good. Honestly if her special doesn’t include another character like May, Dawn or even Iris; I probably won’t get into it. Contests have been overdone in my eyes and unless they have a way to spice it up.... I’d prefer they not pick them back up. To add insult to injury Serena’s Pokémon have limited move sets and it was already tiring seeing her spam the same moves in Kalos.

Jeal

She kind of went through this sort of drama already with TryPokaron, so watching her go through similar trials with Contests doesn't appeal to me much. She can just do Contests off-screen.
But what would be the point of making her participate in contests if they did not show at least one?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I’m good. Honestly if her special doesn’t include another character like May, Dawn or even Iris; I probably won’t get into it. Contests have been overdone in my eyes and unless they have a way to spice it up.... I’d prefer they not pick them back up. To add insult to injury Serena’s Pokémon have limited move sets and it was already tiring seeing her spam the same moves in Kalos.
I see people are losing hope that the producers/writers can deliver things that can be interesting to her for the post-Kalos adventure.

Not that I'm complaining, I didn't trust for all the mess they did to her during XY(Z) that I got my own fix.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah, but that was different. She didn't try a new profession like Serena.
Not really, she just had a better reason to be written off since Dawn's reasoning for leaving felt forced.

Anyways if she returns it'll most likely be in the main series and not a special, so that they can most likely milk out more Amourshipping scenes. They might not even mention anything about her contest journey since they didn't even bother saying anything about Dawn's contest journey in BW.

Epicocity

Not really, she just had a better reason to be written off since Dawn's reasoning for leaving felt forced.

Anyways if she returns it'll most likely be in the main series and not a special, so that they can most likely milk out more Amourshipping scenes. They might not even mention anything about her contest journey since they didn't even bother saying anything about Dawn's contest journey in BW.
Considering Amour is Yajima's creation, by all rights, I really doubt they'll touch it without him somewhere close to it. Yes, they can do what they want, but at the end of the day, it's not the same thing unless the original creator of it does it.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I’m hoping I’m correct and that writers want to stay away from Amour as much as possible. The fact that Ash went on his journey like normal even after the kiss gives me hope. I don’t know what they can do with Serena. Her being there just for Amour just confirms everything people have been saying since 2013 and I really hope she just doesn’t get along with Lillie, Lana and Mallow just because they’re all girls just like Mairin. Maybe Lana is into preforming and Serena could tell her about Contests?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
If Serena (or Clemont and Bonnie) were going to be making an appearance or getting a special, I’d say it would be in the next couple of months, if it doesn’t happen then, I can’t see it happening. Since we’re reaching the 80+ mark for SM series, all previous companions who appeared in the following series had appeared by the 90+ Mark.

Misty appeared in AG around episode 50+, May in DP around 70+ and Dawn in BW around 80+ so if it’s happening I can see it being soon.

As for specials, I feel like it may be too late for that now, unless they do a special right at the end like they did in XY for Cilan, Clemont and Bonnie.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
If Serena (or Clemont and Bonnie) were going to be making an appearance or getting a special, I’d say it would be in the next couple of months, if it doesn’t happen then, I can’t see it happening. Since we’re reaching the 80+ mark for SM series, all previous companions who appeared in the following series had appeared by the 90+ Mark.

Misty appeared in AG around episode 50+, May in DP around 70+ and Dawn in BW around 80+ so if it’s happening I can see it being soon.

As for specials, I feel like it may be too late for that now, unless they do a special right at the end like they did in XY for Cilan, Clemont and Bonnie.
But Iris didn't make a cameo appearance in XY at all, hence breaking the trend from the 3 other Pokegirls before. If Serena appears in SM, it would be unfair for Iris fans who wanted to see her back as well. And we saw Misty twice, recently in SM at episode 42.

Things are getting messy now, ever since they broke the trend. I wouldn't be surprised if Iris & Serena fans are growing frustrated at the producers/writers for their treatments.

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
But Iris didn't make a cameo appearance in XY at all, hence breaking the trend from the 3 other Pokegirls before. If Serena appears in SM, it would be unfair for Iris fans who wanted to see her back as well. And we saw Misty twice, recently in SM at episode 42.
Why does fairness have to come into it? If the writers want to bring a character back they will, they really don’t care if it’s fair to certain characters fans. To be honest the return characters haven’t exactly had the same treatment, Misty and Dawn have had 7 episodes plus specials after they left the series. May had 4 return episodes, and Iris had a special, Cilan had 2 specials and Brock has had 2 specials and 2 return episodes so it’s not exactly equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.