• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why doesnt Serena get a special episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically what @AshxSatoshi is saying that everything is subjective and nothing is objectively true or right. Even with proof, opinions are opinions. Which is utter BS. Unfortunately, he is right in a sense since no matter what proof we offer he’ll disregard it anyway.

No one comes on the internet to get their mind changed. Which is why Serena continues to get bashed even after endless disproven statements

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I said the truth behind the statement cannot vary depending on who is saying it, I did not say that your *personal feelings* about her character can not vary from someone elses.

Yes it can be proven because it's entirely dependent on the writing so examples from the anime would be sufficient. Good grief.

The original statement you tried to defend as "just an opinion" wasn't about showcases, it was "Amour is Serena's entire character".

I don't have to prove anything about showcases, what the hell are you talking about? "I don't like showcases" is an opinion. "Amour was Serena's entire character" is not. How many times do I have to repeat this?

Your point about exaggeration had no relevance regarding whether "shipping was Serena's entire character" was an opinion or an objective statement.

Add "projection" to the list of words you need to look up, right under "subjective" and "opinion".
I love how you can’t provide the examples I asked for. And yes my point does have relevance. A 2 year old can see her entire time on the show was not dedicated Amour. The intent of that statement was to say that a good amount of her character was dedicated to Amour. Like I said if you want to nitpick to support your claim do it. It does have relevance however. You’re claiming you can disprove the statement because her character wasn’t entirely focused on Amour so it’s not an opinion. I’m claiming that nobody legitimately thinks her entire character was focused on Amour. Not everything is black and white but stay true to username and keeping everything simple. Also nobody said anything about disliking Showcases? Are you null? What I said was that anybody who enjoyed how Showcases were handled would probably disagree with Amour over shadowing parts of her character (Which YOU disagreed with). Meanwhile people who didn’t enjoy how they were handled probably felt like her character was overshadowed. I’m asking you to back up what you’re saying and prove how it can be true or untrue. What are these “writing examples”? The entire thing is your interpretation of the series of events.

Last edited:
I love how you can’t provide the examples I asked for. And yes my point does have relevance. A 2 year old can see her entire time on the show was not dedicated Amour. The intent of that statement was to say that a good amount of her character was dedicated to Amour. Like I said if you want to nitpick to support your claim do it. It does have relevance however. You’re claiming you can disprove the statement because her character wasn’t entirely focused on Amour so it’s not an opinion. I’m claiming that nobody legitimately thinks her entire character was focused on Amour. Not everything is black and white but stay true to username and keeping everything simple. Also nobody said anything about disliking Showcases? Are you null? What I said was that anybody who enjoyed how Showcases were handled would probably disagree with Amour over shadowing parts of her character (Which YOU disagreed with). Meanwhile people who didn’t enjoy how they were handled probably felt like her character was overshadowed. I’m asking you to back up what you’re saying and prove how it can be true or untrue. What are these “writing examples”?

How about you go dig them up? They’re everywhere. I have myself posted tons of arguments.

I’ll spell it out for you in as simple of a way as possible. Amour was a part of Serena’s character sure, BUT, Amour was an entirely new thing. Never before had the Pokémon anime shown such clear examples of a main girl liking Ash. Hence, people went overboard. They turned short 10 second clips into huge parts of her character. There was no 5 minute dedication to Serena explaining her feeling and being all lovey doey. Mostly her hints consisted of short clips of blushing or admiring/getting inspired. That is all. Amour was no way in heck as huge as you make it out to be

I personally never knew blushing in front of your crush meant that you were totally dedicated and you’re entire life depended on them

keepitsimple

site of lies
@AshxSatoshi fyi, I don't have to provide any examples myself from the show to disprove the statement about amour, because I didn't claim the statement about amour was false. I said it was objective. Learn how to read, maybe? I hope you're just pretending to be this dense but it comes off as really dishonest.

If you want a counter argument to the amour statement then Power Up posted one above.

Actually he implied people should call Serena a bad character if they had “proof” (hence why he said would I enjoy people hating on Iris or SM without proof). How do you prove a character was bad? It’s all subjective and opinions. You can give a reason WHY you may dislike a character but again that doesn’t mean it’s proof or a fact. Everyone has their own truths and interpretations, so you can’t say their reasons are “disproven”. At most you can say you disagree with them and agree to just disagree but you seem to be claiming that if you (or someone else) thinks that someone’s reason is “faulty” it shouldn’t be said
It depends on the reason. One could give a reason for disliking Serena that's subjective such as "I didn't like showcases and I'm not a shipper". Or one could give an objective reason like "her entire character/most of her character was shipping bait" but that would be subject to scrutiny and could be proven or disproven. If it's shown to be false, you shouldn't continue to use that justification because it's misleading.

@AshxSatoshi fyi, I don't have to provide any examples myself from the show to disprove the statement about amour, because I didn't claim the statement about amour was false. I said it was objective. Learn how to read, maybe? I hope you're just pretending to be this dense but it comes off as really dishonest.

If you want a counter argument to the amour statement then Power Up posted one above.

It depends on the reason. One could give a reason for disliking Serena that's subjective such as "I didn't like showcases and I'm not a shipper". Or one could give an objective reason like "her entire character/most of her character was shipping bait" but that would be subject to scrutiny and could be proven or disproven. If it's shown to be false, you shouldn't continue to use that justification because it's misleading.
I don’t agree with everything that user is saying but learn how to properly handle an argument please? That user was in no way insulting you but you insisted in constantly insulting their intelligence. “FYI” someone disagreeing with you doesn’t mean they are unintelligent or “dense” as you put it. Someone can easily question your IQ level by the fact you don’t capitalize the correct word in sentences. The point is learn to argue without insulting. We all are all mature people here. It’s unbecoming and you come off as a wanna be superior loser.

I don’t agree with everything that user is saying but learn how to properly handle an argument please? That user was in no way insulting you but you insisted in constantly insulting their intelligence. “FYI” someone disagreeing with you doesn’t mean they are unintelligent or “dense” as you put it. Someone can easily question your IQ level by the fact you don’t capitalize the correct word in sentences. The point is learn to argue without insulting. We all are all mature people here. It’s unbecoming and you come as a wanna be superior loser.

Yeah you’re right about that though. No need for insults on the person. However, it is aggravating for people to continue to say the same thing over and over is it not?

Yeah you’re right about that though. No need for insults on the person. However, it is aggravating for people to continue to say the same thing over and over is it not?
No that’s not justifiable. Learn to explain your point without the name calling. If someone is saying the same thing over and over and you don’t agree just ignore them. Nobody is forcing that kid to argue with that other guy.

Holy **** the irony. Did a self aware human actually just post this?
“Come off” as is different from me actually calling you that. I’m saying you’re presenting yourself as that and never did I say you were. Insulting someone doesn’t make you look cool or your point any better. You constantly implied that poster was stupid just for not agreeing with your ideals and beliefs. All I’m saying.

keepitsimple

site of lies
“Come off” as is different from me actually calling you that. I’m saying you’re presenting yourself as that and never did I say you were. Insulting someone doesn’t make you look cool or your point any better. All I’m saying.
Yeah I don't take kindly to dishonesty or being strawmanned constantly but hey if you want to pretend I'm just "insulting people for disagreeing" then go for it champ.

Also if you want to use that justification, then I can easily say that telling him I hope hes only pretending to be dense so he can misrepresent my argument is different from me actually calling him dense.

Yeah I don't take kindly to dishonesty or being strawmanned constantly but hey if you want to pretend I'm just "insulting people for disagreeing" then go for it champ.

Also if you want to use that justification, then I can easily say that telling him I hope hes only pretending to be dense so he can misrepresent my argument is different from me actually calling him dense.
Never mind, people like you are stuck in their ways. I saw no dishonesty in anybody’s post. He was explaining his ideals and you were explaining yours. It’s the internet; it’s never that serious to be that frustrated. It you don’t take pleasure in being strawmen then simply stop arguing. I’m sure you have better things to do on a Thursday afternoon than argue about things that are clearly causing you intense emotions.

It is definitely aggravating. I’ve posted so many arguments yet that poster continues to say the exact same thing over and over

BUT, there’s no need for us to insult. He can look stupid all he wants, we could just not call him that, while still calling him out

keepitsimple

site of lies
Never mind, people like you are stuck in their ways. I saw no dishonesty in anybody’s post. He was explaining his ideals and you were explaining yours. It’s the internet; it’s never that serious to be that frustrated. It you don’t take pleasure in being strawmen then simply stop arguing. I’m sure you have better things to do on a Thursday afternoon than argue about things that are clearly causing you intense emotions.
Tell me more about how you can see emotions through text.

Anyway you seriously need to take your own advice about learning how to handle an argument, because you were obviously just as condescending as I was. The difference between our posts is that I don't care about perceived rudeness and am not getting morally outraged about it like you were, and the only reason I'm even bringing it up is to point out your obvious hypocrisy

Tell me more about how you can see emotions through text.

Anyway you seriously need to take your own advice about learning how to handle an argument, because you were obviously just as condescending as I was. The difference between our posts is that I don't care about perceived rudeness and am not getting morally outraged about it like you were, and the only reason I'm even bringing it up is to point out your obvious hypocrisy
Where did I say I was morally outraged? I said that your rudeness was not needed nor did I display any condescending behavior. If you didn’t care about being called rude; you wouldn’t responding to me right now.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Where did I say I was morally outraged? I said that your rudeness was not needed nor did I display any condescending behavior. If you didn’t care about being called rude; you wouldn’t responding to me right now.
Did you read what I said? You took time out of your day to whinge about me being rude while being rude yourself. This makes you a hypocrite. I meant I don't care about people saying things that I would consider to be rude and wouldn't whinge about it like you, so while we're both being dicks, at least I'm not a hypocritical dick :^)

Another thing, if you consider what I said to be name calling, the other member was also name calling in some posts, and I was ingoring that. If it was bothering me then you would have had a point, but as it is now it's just returning fire. Calm down.

Have a pleasant day, champ

Last edited:
Did you read what I said? You took time out of your day to whinge about me being rude while being rude yourself. This makes you a hypocrite. I meant I don't care about people saying things that I would consider to be rude and wouldn't whinge about it like you, so while we're both being dicks, at least I'm not a hypocritical dick :^)

Have a pleasant day, champ
I wasn’t being rude, I simply said your actions were mean spirited, you went on to imply the user was annoying you and I simply suggested you stop arguing and do something else with your time that brings you joy instead of stressing yourself out

keepitsimple

site of lies
I wasn’t being rude, I simply said your actions were mean spirited, you went on to imply the user was annoying you and I simply suggested you stop arguing and do something else with your time that brings you joy instead of stressing yourself out

Obviously I was calling out your first post. Come on now. :rolleyes:

Thanks but no thanks to your advice. I appreciate the criticism, but I like posting here. Regardless, I still don't know why you care so much that you made an account just to post all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.