• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why doesnt Serena get a special episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

I recall her wanting to reunite with Satoshi as well when she saw him on the news broadcast, so I'd say that he was a major motivating factor in Serena's desire to go on a journey. As for Serena not wanting to follow in her mother's footsteps, I never understood why she didn't simply put her foot down sooner.
Serena was pretty clearly a rather timid person, only gaining the true confidence she needed as she journeyed; in that case, it's not exactly easy to stand up to the mother that loved and raised her, even if her mother's profession wasn't what she wanted. Besides, her mother was pretty headstrong and stubborn, as well, so that probably made things harder.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Serena was pretty clearly a rather timid person, only gaining the true confidence she needed as she journeyed; in that case, it's not exactly easy to stand up to the mother that loved and raised her, even if her mother's profession wasn't what she wanted. Besides, her mother was pretty headstrong and stubborn, as well, so that probably made things harder.
Kinda ironic since the next Pokegirl after her was timid and shy yet constantly called out her mother despite being way less difficult than Grace.

Moonlight Starlight

If she gets a special it doesn't necessarily have to focus on her entering a contest. They could do something like capturing a new Pokemon or an evolution or they could have her meet a rival of a former companion like Drew, Harley etc. I'd actually like to see her meet Harley.

I would like for Serena to meet Amelia again. That's her real main rival I want to see more than Miette.

I would like Serena to meet them as well, even though I would favor more about her meeting one of the main Pokegirls because they're more popular, so it's more of a win-win situation for both fans.

As for the Pokemon capture, I always thought about her capturing a Mudkip, this Hoenn starter needs more love and having a water-type could mix things up for the better when she's doing a showcase/contest.

Will one of the Pokegirls I like for Serena to meet since she was the missing link traveling with Ash and Brock in Johto is Marina.I would like to see her again she's the only character so far that never get to shine or wasn't put with the other girls that travel with Ash.

I would be happy if the next writers would make up for both girls Iris and Serena since both of them never got their cameos and Serena never got her special episode if the writers could make both Iris and Serena travel with Ash again on Gen 8. I would be happy for that . If anyone is fine or not fine with it. I'm not ready for another new pokegirl travel with Ash if things won't handle will for the next pokegirl.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I hope it's focused on Serena's goal than her meeting another Pokegirl. Clemont and Dento's meeting episode was boring compared to his and Brock's as well as the other Pokegirls. I just want her to improve on what she's struggling with (being in a new environment and all) and not be catered to fanservice.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Kinda ironic since the next Pokegirl after her was timid and shy yet constantly called out her mother despite being way less difficult than Grace.

I disagree that Grace is more difficult than Lusamine.

Heekful

I remember at the end of XY&Z I was like "Oh they chose a Clemont's special episode over a Serena one , maybe she'll have her one later on in the S&M series like Iris got after XY021?" then nothing happened.

After that , I was like "Hey let's wait till the end of 2017 , maybe something will happen" Then Brock and Misty came back and they got something special over her again.

Now we're almost half of 2018 and there's still nothing so I feel like it won't happen and you guys are right , the writers really ended her story at the end of XY&Z 47 (or maybe we'll see a special episode with Lillie meeting Serena at the end of the S&M saga but that's the only little bit of hope I have left. )

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I remember at the end of XY&Z I was like "Oh they chose a Clemont's special episode over a Serena one , maybe she'll have her one later on in the S&M series like Iris got after XY021?" then nothing happened.

After that , I was like "Hey let's wait till the end of 2017 , maybe something will happen" Then Brock and Misty came back and they got something special over her again.

Now we're almost half of 2018 and there's still nothing so I feel like it won't happen and you guys are right , the writers really ended her story at the end of XY&Z 47 (or maybe we'll see a special episode with Lillie meeting Serena at the end of the S&M saga but that's the only little bit of hope I have left. )
Yeah, I was like that when I saw the Clemont's special, but by the time SM started I really doubt they would do a special because they would have to change the artstyle and all, and they would have to focus their promotions to the current gen as well.

So, I took the fan project route. I was also critical about the "status quo" of the show during XY(Z). SM might have a different vibe and theme, but the issues were still the same so far imo. So, I don't really trust them.

I would look forward for the writers to prove me wrong that they would make her cameo or special in the future. But otherwise, their impressions about the character, along with their teasings and the merchandises don't mean much to me.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia

If memory serves me right Iris’ special was already written and the only reason why it didn’t air alongside Cilan’s was due to conflicting schedules with XY. I don’t think it was purposely meant to air in the middle of XY, it just did.

DatsRight

What I've noticed is that since SM the writers have been rather thorough in checkups, as in while the execution isn't always great, they tend to keep coming back to things it looks like they've missed. Nearly every character and concept does eventually get touched upon even if it's very late in. Hell they've even started calling back to PREVIOUS SERIES (eg. Misty and Jigglypuff finally making a return after AG). I'm starting to wonder if the same will happen for Serena, she might appear JUST when we think she's been forgotten about.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What I've noticed is that since SM the writers have been rather thorough in checkups, as in while the execution isn't always great, they tend to keep coming back to things it looks like they've missed. Nearly every character and concept does eventually get touched upon even if it's very late in. Hell they've even started calling back to PREVIOUS SERIES (eg. Misty and Jigglypuff finally making a return after AG). I'm starting to wonder if the same will happen for Serena, she might appear JUST when we think she's been forgotten about.
I honestly could see an end of the series appearance from her

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

DatsRight

Dawn didn't appear until after Ash had 8 badges, right before the League.

What if they just kill a dozen birds with one stone, and have the whole gang from previous series come to watch Alola's first league, and be surprised to find Ash taking part. Would also serve as quota for Misty and Brock's alluded trip to Alola.

SinnohEevee

What if they just kill a dozen birds with one stone, and have the whole gang from previous series come to watch Alola's first league, and be surprised to find Ash taking part. Would also serve as quota for Misty and Brock's alluded trip to Alola.

And watch him lose again?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Reminds me of the Wallace cup contest in DP when the Hoenn rivals followed May on TV.

As for the "killing a dozen birds in one stone" thing, it reminded me of the Hoopa movie with the legendaries. It wasn't well received despite their presences.

DatsRight

Reminds me of the Wallace cup contest in DP when the Hoenn rivals followed May on TV.

As for the "killing a dozen birds in one stone" thing, it reminded me of the Hoopa movie with the legendaries. It wasn't well received despite their presences.

Again depends on execution. I haven't seen the Hoopa movie but from I remember many fans thought it was just mediocre all around.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I disagree that Grace is more difficult than Lusamine.
To be honest Lusamine was only really “difficult” accidentally and generally cared and love Lillie. Not to say that Grace didn’t love Serena but she basically tried to force her life goal onto her daughter without considering what she wanted EVEN after Serena declared she wanted to do something alternative. It wasn’t until Serena beat her mother did she finally change her mind. Lillie simply just had to have a heart to heart with her mother (in Nihilego’s Ultra Space) and their conflict had a resolute.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There is a point though. If you introduce too many characters to a story simultaneously it's tricky to give all of them roles and you quickly run into the risk of them all blending together and all doing the same thing or several of them just standing in the background not really doing anything. And in neither case you actually do justice to those characters. The climax to the Team Flare arc suffered badly from this with the return of all gym leaders. They were all there, but none of them had any unique role. Them being there was pretty much all that there was to it, they didn't really contribute to the plot in any way.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I think they might save her return for something more than "only a cameo", for the main series at least. They could give her a special episode later in SM, but I don't see a reason why exactly she needs to join Ash for a couple of episodes to only hang out with Ash. I mean sure, the shipper are going to enjoy it but I think it would be a waste. Why not letting her return when there's a real conflict in Ash's quest to become a pokemon master and her helping Ash out? (not in SM but maybe in gen 8). Why not having her return leave an impact to the actual storyline?

This may sound like fanfiction, but the best they could do would be Serena returning in the absolute final series where Ash is the protagonist as someone doing contest in the gen 8 anime, meets Ash multiple times through the region where we see a progress in her new goal and slowly build up a real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with Ash. Series ends, Ash wins the league/gets pokemon master and maybe we'll see them marry. Super unlikely though, but that's probably the best they could do with her. Both narrative and to satisfy the fanbase.

Jeal

I think they might save her return for something more than "only a cameo", for the main series at least. They could give her a special episode later in SM, but I don't see a reason why exactly she needs to join Ash for a couple of episodes to only hang out with Ash. I mean sure, the shipper are going to enjoy it but I think it would be a waste. Why not letting her return when there's a real conflict in Ash's quest to become a pokemon master and her helping Ash out? (not in SM but maybe in gen 8). Why not having her return leave an impact to the actual storyline?
I do not want her to return to SM, I want her back in the eighth generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.