• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why doesnt Serena get a special episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I was calling out your first post. Come on now. :rolleyes:

Thanks but no thanks to your advice. I appreciate the criticism, but I like posting here. Regardless, I still don't know why you care so much that you made an account just to post all that.
I made an account to use the forum. Also it wasn’t critism. It was helpful advice, just because you’re negative doesn’t mean everyone else is. You can post on a forum without arguing with people who you clearly think are below you (myself included). I’m just going to end the argument here since you’ve shown you’re incapable of having a normal conversation without condescending remarks. Sad really.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Something tells me I shouldn't get involved in this argument, but all this back-and-forth is starting to grate on me a little bit.

Here is the issue. Yes, to say that Amourshipping is the entirety of Serena's character is false, because there is, of course, a lot more to her character than just her crush—just as there is more to Ash's character than his impulsiveness, or there is more to Clemont's character than his love for inventing. Serena is not a one-dimensional character with one defined character trait.

However, if one were to say that Amourshipping overshadows Serena's other character traits, then that could be an opinion—a subjective statement—and thus cannot be proven true or false. (Not every opinion/subjective statement has to start with "In my opinion.") Why? Because it depends on the reasoning behind that opinion.

If one were to base that opinion on how the fanbase treats Serena, then yes, Amourshipping does seem to overshadow her other character traits; it does feel like the fanbase emphasizes Amourshipping at the expense of Serena's other character traits. When fans talk about Serena, isn't her crush on Ash often at the forefront of the conversation? In that sense, Amourshipping does overshadow Serena's other character traits, because the fanbase makes it that way.

Within the anime itself, on the other hand, Serena's crush was not given any more attention than her other character traits. In fact, as the series went on and Serena's character began to develop and she focused more on her goal, one could argue her crush was given less attention than her other character traits. If Amourshipping overshadows Serena's other character traits, then that's the fault of the fanbase.

Something tells me I shouldn't get involved in this argument, but all this back-and-forth is starting to grate on me a little bit.

Here is the issue. Yes, to say that Amourshipping is the entirety of Serena's character is false, because there is, of course, a lot more to her character than just her crush—just as there is more to Ash's character than his impulsiveness, or there is more to Clemont's character than his love for inventing. Serena is not a one-dimensional character with one defined character trait.

However, if one were to say that Amourshipping overshadows Serena's other character traits, then that could be an opinion—a subjective statement—and thus cannot be proven true or false. (Not every opinion/subjective statement has to start with "In my opinion.") Why? Because it depends on the reasoning behind that opinion.

If one were to base that opinion on how the fanbase treats Serena, then yes, Amourshipping does seem to overshadow her other character traits; it does feel like the fanbase emphasizes Amourshipping at the expense of Serena's other character traits. When fans talk about Serena, isn't her crush on Ash often at the forefront of the conversation? In that sense, Amourshipping does overshadow Serena's other character traits, because the fanbase makes it that way.

Within the anime itself, on the other hand, Serena's crush was not given any more attention than her other character traits. In fact, as the series went on and Serena's character began to develop and she focused more on her goal, one could argue her crush was given less attention than her other character traits. If Amourshipping overshadows Serena's other character traits, then that's the fault of the fanbase.

Uh. That’s what I said. So then why are people saying that stuff? It’s the fault of fan base and not Serena

Pls tell that to all Serena bashers

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Okay fine and all but my point was it's an objective statement if one were to claim shipping overshadowed her character in the show. I wasn't talking about it in the context of her character being overshadowed in discussions among the fandom.

Uh. That’s what I said. So then why are people saying that stuff? It’s the fault of fan base and not Serena

Pls tell that to all Serena bashers
I wasn't responding to either of you in particular. I was responding to this overall back-and-forth argument about objectivity vs. subjectivity and whether or not Amourshipping overshadows Serena's character. As I said in my last post, it overshadows Serena's character if one takes into account the fanbase's perception of Serena. As @PowerUp pointed out, a lot of fans took short clips from episodes and honed in on them, to the point where many conversations about Serena are centered around her relationship with/crush on Ash. However, within the anime itself, Serena's crush was just one of her many character traits.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Think that might be fake news tho... Looked it up, got nothing

Can @Dephender confirm?

Pure trolling. She even updated her super-irregularly updated blog last month.

Also, I think this thread has well outlived its purpose if it's currently just discussing random troll lies from Facebook and various nonsense about what fanbases are supposedly doing.

Also, if you have opinions, state them as opinions, don't post incorrect "facts" and get into arguments with people that are pointing out your statements aren't true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.