• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why don't more people use Uxie?

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
Latios would be better yes but the reason why no one every uses uxie is because alot of people think that uxie is just well a useless pokemon but really uxie is just a pokemon who can't learn the best moves and dosen't have the best power

Klaus™

Banned
hate to beat a dead rapidash, but yes, it is completely outclassed by latias. sure, it gets memento, but thats about it really.

Zachmac

^And Deoxys-D. We can't forget about that.
Any dark types with respectable speed and attack destroys em. Or bug types.

See: Weavile, Volcarona
For the love of Pete, people should just drop this argument already!

Oh my gosh, I can list two counters/checks. That means it is clearly not viable right? I mean, it's not like Scizor is beaten by anything fire type, right? Oh, and choice scarf primape can beat Darkrai, so it should be ubers!

Let's be honest, Dark/Bug types are pretty rare in OU. Volcarona and Scizor are just about the only offensive ones you'll see. And Dark? There is the Weavile you suggested, but not only is it uncommon, it isn't even considered OU. And anyway, let's say you swap it in on a Uxie as it uses Reflect. Great, now all of your super effective attacks do normal damage, and with those defenses, it can probably get up a light screen and then finish it with memento to cripple you and force a swap out for your set up sweeper. Or if I'm wrong and it can't, reflect should be enough since most priority moves, choice scarfers, and OU pokemon in general are physical.

If you want to say a pokemon is bad, give a real reason, not just "oh, this pokemon can beat it so it's pointless".
Latios would be better yes but the reason why no one every uses uxie is because alot of people think that uxie is just well a useless pokemon but really uxie is just a pokemon who can't learn the best moves and dosen't have the best power
No, it's just that their isn't really a good reason to use it 99.9% of the time. It's viable, but it should only be used if you just really like Uxie.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I can see a tiny niche for Uxie in a HO team that needs SR to KO an important threat, but doesn't have room for another SR user, and needs the Screener to have some offensive presence. That's a pretty small niche though, and Azelf might still be able to do the job better (I'm not sure on the stat distribution). Other than that, use Latios or Deo-D, or whatever.