• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why Don't Pokemon have a crossover episode?

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
When I was a kid I dreamed of and always wanted a Ben 10 x Pokemon Crossover lol, Ash defeating Humungosaur with pikachu and trying to catch it, etc. Its a fun hypothetical situation
Ben10x Pokémon Crossover!
wC2MYe7CGlNIqGtgB-gKEms3OwuzJ3E2x4z88OTsrjAXlRwRl28_GYV4idP9MkiMjptV2QqB6hcAYB-dmRqNXJlryflIlosR-iUDaFZBlL_Hy1oPRU-uV0cvwugmxuEn8umHPwxypw=w2400

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It's mostly because of the rights and that the franchises must get along to realize such crossovers, just like Marvel Vs Capcom where recently Marvel & Capcom don't get along very well despite their 2 decades of history.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Due to how this is targeted at younger children and how the show is allergic to showing consenting kisses, it's nearly impossible to do a crossover with another "anime," as the rest are targeted at older audiences.

Let's just say showing a single drop of blood in any other anime completely rules it out.
Not every episode of every other anime has blood or a kiss in every episode

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Semi-related to this subject but... Yokai Watch and Shinkalion Z had a crossover (kind). Mostly to promote the timeslot block they air.

The catch? Yokai Watch airs BEFORE Pokémon and Shinkalion Z AFTER lol. So they are pratically "separated by Pokémon". Granted, as I said before, Pokémon probably doesn't have anything to gain (or lose) making those things but it's really interesting how "isolated" the franchise seems to be.

You are such a snob, Pikachu.

As I said, semi-related but when I've found out about this I recalled this thread.

Well it had this. Does this count?
hmm, of course it does but I'm mostly asking about a Improbable Pokemon Crossover Episode.
Would a Pokemon/Touhou Project Crossover episode work? they are both Video games that have anime-esque artworks, Pokemon and youkais, anyone? The Plot would be like Touhoumon but in some official way (except it's not) with Ash and his Pikachu meeting Reimu Hakurei with her Pokemon (Of course it's not Puppets because Touhou Characters are Pokemon trainers) while Team Rocket and Remilia & flandre scarlet often shows up on regular basis, Yukari Yakumo could have given a Pokemon.

Well that's not gonna happen because the Touhou Creator won't let that happen but I'm mostly dreaming of a official Pokemon X Touhou Crossover episode hence I Formerly had Daiyousei avatar for awhile until I change it.

Edit: It mostly never happen because it would require The Pokemon Company's Permission well as ZUN's Permission.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Probably because TPC is probably more protective of their anime IP or does not care enough to do a crossover.

I mean, it's not like OLM is averse/not adept at doing crossovers. They had Shinkalion do one with Evangelion twice. Three times if you count the cameo with the music in Episode 17, had Hatsune Miku as part of the cast, and that Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head movie cameo.

What were we talking about again? Oh this anime. Someone in the higher ups just needs to fill out paperwork.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I’d like a Pokemon/Time Bokan crossover.

Team Rocket & Team Skelton could get into an argument about who’s the best at being worst!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
or, Pokemon X Yo-kai watch.
What could possibly go wrong?
I think I read somewhere Akihiro Hino (that's Level-5's president, aka Jibanyan's creator... And owner) apparently didn't want Jibanyan in Smash to avoid having him be compared to Pikachu or something like that.

My reading is more like "don't wanna see footage of Pikachu beating the magikarp out of Jibanyan" but that's besides the point.

Still, that'd be a fun crossover to do.
Probably because TPC is probably more protective of their anime IP or does not care enough to do a crossover.

I mean, it's not like OLM is averse/not adept at doing crossovers. They had Shinkalion do one with Evangelion twice. Three times if you count the cameo with the music in Episode 17, had Hatsune Miku as part of the cast, and that Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head movie cameo.

What were we talking about again? Oh this anime. Someone in the higher ups just needs to fill out paperwork.
I know YW is OLM. I think Shinkalion is too (at least I think I recall seeing them being credited for animation at one episode)

But, yeah, the reason is totally because TPC is protective of their brand and would only do it if they can gain something out of it.

RetroPokeFan

I think I read somewhere Akihiro Hino (that's Level-5's president, aka Jibanyan's creator... And owner) apparently didn't want Jibanyan in Smash to avoid having him be compared to Pikachu or something like that.

My reading is more like "don't wanna see footage of Pikachu beating the magikarp out of Jibanyan" but that's besides the point.
Unfortunate for poor Akihiro then since a bunch of people compared the franchise to Pokemon (even though it was doing it's own thing) and now while the series is just barely hanging on in Japan, Yo-Kai Watch is all but dead (along with pretty much all Level-5 franchises with the closure of their North American division) everywhere else.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Unfortunate for poor Akihiro then since a bunch of people compared the franchise to Pokemon (even though it was doing it's own thing) and now while the series is just barely hanging on in Japan, Yo-Kai Watch is all but dead (along with pretty much all Level-5 franchises with the closure of their North American division) everywhere else.
In hindsight, this may have been a bad move. Smash could have given Yo-Kai Watch a boost in the international PR.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Exactly, look how much good it did for Joker from Persona 5. Gee, only reason I knew the thing existed was because of his inclusion on Smash.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
As far as I'm aware, Star Wars doesn't really do crossovers either. And it's a similarly large media franchise.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's only a matter of time until it crosses over with Marvel. I'm certain of it