• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WHy give it to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
So I'm playing through some of the pokemon games and it hits me...

Why do some people in the game refuse to give an item to a person asking for it (ie team rocket or who ever) Yet when YOU battle them so the person can keep it, they just gives you their precious item?

Seems kinda oxymoronic if you ask me!

Because GF says so. That answers basically any Pokemon question.

Anyway, I would say it would be because they don't realize the sheer power of your Pokemon before you fight them, then when you battle them they're like "Oh ****, I don't want to get mauled by his Charizard. I'll give it to him so that I don't need to feel its power firsthand."

emogirl

Panda-chan.
Eh, I kind of wondered the same thing. Why do they just randomly give you things? Like the people who just give you Pokemon eggs. You can't tell me you just had a bunch of useless Larvesta eggs lying around your house that you couldn't use. Or that you just so happened to have a few too many Happiny eggs...

ShadowSplash

Don't Mess With Me
Well, probably because they are Grunts and are afraid of getting destroyed by your Pokemon if they don't give it up. Especially since they usually tell you beforehand that they'll give you the item/info if you beat them.

Eh, I kind of wondered the same thing. Why do they just randomly give you things? Like the people who just give you Pokemon eggs. You can't tell me you just had a bunch of useless Larvesta eggs lying around your house that you couldn't use. Or that you just so happened to have a few too many Happiny eggs...

LOL its funny cause I was thinking about this yesterday. How is it that you happen to always be the person they decide to give it to? As if no one else ever walked in and talked to them all this time.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
It's fanfic excerpt time!

"Zubat, Supersonic!" called Jack. Zubat chirped in acknoweledgement, then released a volley of soundwaves from its mouth. Raticate's Flame Wheel began taking an erratic path, then veered sharply to the right, causing Raticate to crash into a solid wall of rock. Angry, the grunt recalled his unconscious Raticate.

"You know," he said, "I've often wondered something. We grunts of Team Rocket always just back down when we're defeated in a Pokémon battle. I mean, so what if my Pokémon can't battle anymore? I can still punch your lights out, then let the boss deal with you!" As he said this, he raised his right hand, which was clenched into a fist, and made to walk toward Jack. In response, Jack held out the Great Ball.

"Take one more step and my Primeape will personally see to it that your boss never finds your remains," said Jack coldly.

"Oh, THAT'S why..." muttered the grunt, freezing in mid-step. He then turned around and swiftly ran the other way, and was gone within two seconds.

emogirl

Panda-chan.
Lol yeah. I mean, it's so unrealistic. xD I'm not complaining by any means, it's just amusing.

Wait, what does the fanfic excerpt have to do with this?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Because GF says so. That answers basically any Pokemon question.

Anyway, I would say it would be because they don't realize the sheer power of your Pokemon before you fight them, then when you battle them they're like "Oh ****, I don't want to get mauled by his Charizard. I'll give it to him so that I don't need to feel its power firsthand."
I think you missed the point.

"Thank you. That person was trying to take my Twix bar, so to thank you for stopping him, I will give you my Twix bar!" It's just silly. Thanks everyone for participating in the discussion so far!

emogirl

Panda-chan.
xD Yeah. I totally see the point. The only one who made sense was the Shuckle guy in Johto, because he asked for it back...

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
xD Yeah. I totally see the point. The only one who made sense was the Shuckle guy in Johto, because he asked for it back...

He asked for it back? Whoops.

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
Yeah I know. I never gave it back either. Until I talked to him again on my secomd runthrough and was like "No! Where's my Shuckle? Oh. That twit stole it from me. Oh. He asked for it back in the first place? He's still a twit."

emogirl

Panda-chan.
He does ask for it back, and tells you you're just as bad as your rival if you say no. There's no penalty for NOT giving it back, so I don't anymore. xD I did the first time, thinking he'd give me something for taking care of it, but if I remember he doesn't...So, yeah, free Shuckle.

I think you missed the point.

"Thank you. That person was trying to take my Twix bar, so to thank you for stopping him, I will give you my Twix bar!" It's just silly. Thanks everyone for participating in the discussion so far!

Ah.

Also, in GSC you have to get a Spearow from some random guy who delivers mail to another random guy. In thanks, Guy 2 gives you the TM for Rest. Not the person who wrote the mail.

emogirl

Panda-chan.
Lol, I thought that was funny too. I guess he gave it to you as payment for being a messenger? That one makes more sense I think.
Lol, Ohia thar, I have an extra Togepi lying around that I mysteriously got because I don't know how breeding works, do YOU want it? You're the only person I've seen so far in Eterna, so I might as well give it to you.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So I'm playing through some of the pokemon games and it hits me...

Why do some people in the game refuse to give an item to a person asking for it (ie team rocket or who ever) Yet when YOU battle them so the person can keep it, they just gives you their precious item?

Seems kinda oxymoronic if you ask me!

It is a Video Game made for children, which is full of monster that defy the law of science.

Status
Not open for further replies.